09-08-2010 11:58 PM
31 12
tools
    So you can simultaneously click on 20 links, immediately record coordinates and other info from those 20 links, and then do it again as your position changes? That takes amazing coordination. While a user can get the same information c:geo does, it would take significantly longer to do so, and you probably wouldn't be doing this over and over to feed a live map.
    09-02-2010 09:33 PM
    They felt that they needed to keep the pricing consistent with the iPhone app(both cost $9.99). In this case the main thing that's wrong with web scraping is it is against their Terms of Use. I would imagine that the Live Map feature of c:geo could do a fair amount of site hammering.
    Well OTHER than the AUP says its wrong, yeah now that you mentioned scrapping from the Live Map... I'll say that probably makes server loads too heavy as you said.
    09-02-2010 10:20 PM
    I do it to support Groundspeak. If you have a premium membership, use Geobeagle with your pocket queries. It works extremely well and you can post your logs out in the field with it.

This app also took some resources to develop and refine. Given the investment Groundspeak continually uses to upgrade their infrastructure they don't generate a huge amount of money.

Plus, think of it this way.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-03-2010 09:16 AM
    I dished out the 10 bucks for this app, and so far I think its great.
    I would like to see an update where it allows you to place caches.
    09-08-2010 08:10 PM
    I dished out the 10 bucks for this app, and so far I think its great.
    I would like to see an update where it allows you to place caches.
    AWESOME idea! So awesome you should go post that on their get satisfaction service
    09-08-2010 09:50 PM
    I don't think must users are against supporting Groundspeak. What they do has been amazing and obviously takes a lot of commitment from both the folks running Geocaching.com and its users.

More so, $10 on the Android Market, just seems a little steep considering the alternatives out there. The app doesn't need to be free, but it wouldn't hurt to lower the price a tab and perhaps increase the appeal to this app.
    09-08-2010 11:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD