Please add to my post on Google forum to add rotation settings!

Leafgreen

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! I have a serious complaint :mad: with 2.2 rotation as explained below. If you agree, will you please add your comment to my post at Google's forum here Turn on or off rotate right and left when greater than a certain roll angle - Google Mobile Help ? Thank you!! :D

Device: Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Country / Language: USA / English
OS / Browser / build number: 2.2 3.26.651.6

Hello Android support,

I have one serious complaint with 2.2. Android has added auto rotation to the right. But, it has not given the user the ability to adjust such in settings -> display -> auto rotate screen. Google, you REALLY need to add user-definable settings for this.

Adding the rotate to the right feature exactly doubles the frequency of mistaken rotations. Mistaken rotations are inconvenient because it causes a delay for screen refresh, delay for browser redraw, some apps lose data that I have entered before saving, and some apps lose previous page positioning forcing me to scroll back to the previous position. Before adding the rotate to the right feature, the mistaken rotations were bothersome. Now, it decreases productivity and convenience so much that I must turn the feature off.

However, the simple solution is to add the ability for the user to set the following in settings:

1. Turn on or off rotate right.
1.1 Turn on or off rotate right when greater than a certain roll angle.
2. Turn on or off rotate left.
2.1 Turn on or off rotate left when greater than a certain roll angle.

If Google did add these settings, I would enter in values significantly greater than the default settings!

Best wishes,
Leafgreen

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this.

I was perfectly happy always having to rotate to the left. Now the rotation "falls" right a lot of times when it is inconvenient for it to do so, seems like it goes right with about a 5 degree from verticle - Say when listening to a voicemail.

Also, overall rotation seems way less responsive since 2.2.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Also, overall rotation seems way less responsive since 2.2.

Less responsive?!!??!

Ever since 2.2 it seems almost TOO responsive that it's annoying. A slight nudge left or right and the darn thing switches to landscape!!!!

I wish they had a sensitivity adjuster! But maybe that's too geeky for the masses?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys calibrated your G-sensor at all? It may help.

settings-->Display-->G-sensor settings=G-Sensor calibration

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree it would be nice to calibrate or set angles if possible.

At the least a widget that could turn auto rotate off and set to either landscape or portrait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci