I installed Hangouts in early May, I think Gmail app changed after that. I hated Hangouts, so I uninstalled it and got Talk back on my Galaxy Nexus. I always had my Talk conversations saved automatically in my Gmail Chat label. They are still being saved there on my PC version of Gmail, but they are not appearing (as if they are not saved) on my Android Gmail app. There haven't been any new Talk conversations placed in my Android Chat folder since May 6 (which may be around the time that I tried Hangouts.) Moreover, when I go to Settings > ????.gmail.com > Manage labels, the Chat label doesn't even show up in the list of labels. When I go to the pull-down menu to look at my labels, Chat appears in the Recent Labels and All Labels lists, but again, it is never updated with new Talk messages. Yet, things are just fine on the web version, and the Talk messages are, indeed, being saved in that Chat label. Any ideas? Thanks.
    06-19-2013 08:23 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Talk and Hangouts are now merged (and Hangouts has replaced it).

In fact, even the Hangouts app is titled "Hangouts (Replaces Talk)"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.android.talk

As such, you're probably going to have to adjust or find an alternative. Personally, I'm loving Hangouts (although they need to get SMS up and running on it).
    06-19-2013 11:43 AM