Jorte - No "search" feature? And how to refresh?

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Jorte for about a week now and sync it with my Google Calendar (which also syncs with my Outlook). I am liking it so far except for 2 things:

1) Why is there no Search function for the calendar?

2) Does it have a refresh button/option? I find that when I put an event in my Outlook or online at Google Calendar, the only way it shows up in Jorte is to have me go to the Default calendar on my Droid, choose refresh there (since i have yet to find a refresh option on Jorte) and then I go back to Jorte and confirm it is showing up.

Any way around this?????

Thanks!
Cat

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The standard search in Android will search your calendar if you tell it to.
Go to settings-->search-searchable items-- check Calendar

Jorte should refresh automatically, just give it a few min.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Jorte should refresh automatically, just give it a few min.

Well, I hate to say it, but it is sure taking more than a few minutes! Often, I will be sitting at my desk, will add a few appts to calendar, will see Google Sync syning (I have it set for every 10 minutes) and still nothing on on Jorte for 20 min! I get frustrated and end up going to my default calendar on my phone, hitting Refresh, then going back to Jorte.

Does Jorte have its own Refresh option?

Any thoughts on why this is taking so long to sync?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
you need to click on the Jorte widget to refresh. the Jorte widget can be a static visual snapshot if you left it and then simply returned - just like other apps do. hard to explain but play with it and you'll see what i mean.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
you need to click on the Jorte widget to refresh. the Jorte widget can be a static visual snapshot if you left it and then simply returned - just like other apps do. hard to explain but play with it and you'll see what i mean.

Ok, unfortuneately, this is where I show my true "newbie" status :eek::eek::eek:

I have not even bothered adding the Widget to my Home screen. Right now, all I have is the shortcut to the app on my Home Screen to open it quickly. Should i change this and put the Widget there? If so, will this solve my refresh problem?

Ok, you are probably laughing your a** off right now at this question, huh? :)

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Also, just deleted the Jorte App icon from my Home page, added the widget instead, clicked on that and I still do not see the update in the event I added to Outlook, even though it is showing online on my Google calendar & on my Outlook calendr and it has been over 20 minutes since i added it!

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use the 4X3 widget and I just click on it, which lanches into Jorte. My events are there and then also show on the widget when I go back. I just tested this for you.

Hope this helps.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the 4X3 widget and I just click on it, which lanches into Jorte. My events are there and then also show on the widget when I go back. I just tested this for you.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm...maybe I am not stating clearly what I mean. I put the widget on my Home Screen and it does allow me to go right into Jorte. What is NOT happening, however, is the "test event" that I added in Outlook 30 minutes ago (and has since also showed up in my Google Online Calendar) has still not shown up in Jorte or my default Calendar app on my phone. I know I can go into my Calendar on my phone, choose the Refresh option, and then go back to Jorte and it will be there but that is pretty cumbersome if I need to do that for every event to show up in Jorte. Does this make sense?

On the other side, though, when I add an Event in Jorte, I have no problem with it showing up in both my Outlook and my Google calendar, no Refreshing needed.

Any idea on why this might be happening?

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I tested this all I did was add a test to my google calendar from the web. I just renamed it and it was there in just a few seconds on my smooth calendar widget which I have under my clock. Sometimes it seems to take longer or shows up after I move to another screen.

I then clicked on the Jorte widget and it showed up under the Jorte app then on the widget.

So yes it seems you have to click on the Jorte widget to get it to show up but I did not have to go into the calendar app at all so I am unsure why you do.

Do you have settings-->Accounts & Sync--> Background Data and Auto Sync turned on?
Also on that same screen there are settings for each of your Google Accounts that you can tell it to sync your contacts, Gmail and calendar. Maybe you have your primary settings turned off?

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you have settings-->Accounts & Sync--> Background Data and Auto Sync turned on?
Also on that same screen there are settings for each of your Google Accounts that you can tell it to sync your contacts, Gmail and calendar. Maybe you have your primary settings turned off?

Yup...these are all set just as you said they should be. So weird!

Again, the problem only seems to be seeing it show up in Jorte after adding it from Outlook or GC. Ugh! So frustrating!

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed jorte never saves my coming events and i never get a notification. Its really slow and irresponsive with such a low customization rate...i dont understand how people use it.