GPS tracking app for Droid (Android 2.0)?

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Howdy,
Anyone recommend a good route tracking app for the Droid? I saw SportyPal for Android 1.6 got some good reviews, but it doesn't appear to be compliant with the Droid (Android 2.0). I'm looking for something that will track your route while hiking/biking/whatever and upload it to a server so you can see your speed/distance/elevation/etc. on a map. I used to use Sanoodi's Smap on my Blackberry Storm, but they don't appear to have a Droid version, either. Not sure what to use on the Droid at this point.
Thanks,
SRV

s-one

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks OP for asking the question and thanks to those who post their suggestions. Could any of these apps work where I can enable the GPS on the phone remotely so I can track the phone in case I lost it?

Thanks

kreativ

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Howdy,
Anyone recommend a good route tracking app for the Droid? I saw SportyPal for Android 1.6 got some good reviews, but it doesn't appear to be compliant with the Droid (Android 2.0). I'm looking for something that will track your route while hiking/biking/whatever and upload it to a server so you can see your speed/distance/elevation/etc. on a map. I used to use Sanoodi's Smap on my Blackberry Storm, but they don't appear to have a Droid version, either. Not sure what to use on the Droid at this point.
Thanks,
SRV

I'm with sportypal for some time now, and as i know the next version will be compatible for 2.0, I think i read about this on their blog.

ortoped

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
1.7.6 version is out:
SportyPal helps you improve your running, cycling, roller-blading, skiing or any other outdoor workout activities.
- It logs your position, shows it on map, speed, distance, tempo, pace, altitude and calories burned.
- Draws elegant graphics charts of your performance.
- Facebook/Twitter easy share.
- Compete and share with FRIENDS worldwide.
- Set up GOALS
- Voice notification
- Great community with web integration
- Nice and easy UI

http://sportypal.com/Downloads/android/SportyPal.apk

kirstyoung

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Use TraceSaver...
A new one that would be perfect for what you need, it maps real-time data on your handset so you can see where you are and your route whilst out and about, and also, when you get back, you can log onto the website to look at stats such as speed, elevation etc, you can also track your phone from the website in case it has been stolen, this app covers all your requirements!!!
TraceSaver :: home page