<APP>Left@Home, Worry-Free if you left your phone at home

wooyee

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Left@Home

ca7ae19d36122b90ddfcc321b0796aca.png

With Left@Home installed and running, if you leave your phone at home, you'll have no messages and phone calls missed at all!

How it works:
1. start the app and keep it running background, waiting for specific SMS commands
2. if you left your phone at home, just use another phone nearby to send a command to your phone to initiate the service (you'll get feedbacks if the function is enabled in Settings )
3. all SMSs received at home will be forwarded to the phone you want, and everyone who calls your phone will be notified the reachable number
4. you may stop the service at anytime

0402ce71cb9bb43de17964c5a26033b7.png

2.png

update v1.1
+ widget
+ auto start
+ update log

Last edited:

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

wooyee

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
MiQ needs you to sync your phone all the time, then you'll get the latest events. besides, it needs a constant data connection.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
MiQ needs you to sync your phone all the time, then you'll get the latest events. besides, it needs a constant data connection.

Left@Home has to be continually running in the background too, so I'm not sure why you mention that . Then you have to find someone else with a data phone to send your calls and messages to . I really don't want to ask a co-worker if I can have all my calls and messages sent to his or her phone. Plus, it only does call logs and SMS.

I guess some might find Left@Home useful, but you can do so much more with MiQ.

Last edited:

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
i don't need Best Buy knowing my business.

That response always makes me laugh. I'm sure they're hiding in the shadows reading all our "Honey I'll be late for dinner" texts so they can do what? Or maybe they want to barge into that appointment I have next week at the dentist.

Do you use Google email, contacts and calendar? Why don't people have a problem with using that company's products as they slowly dominate every facet of our lives?

And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't send, receive, or store any really sensitive information like credit cards and passwords using my cell phone anyway.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
That response always makes me laugh. I'm sure they're hiding in the shadows reading all our "Honey I'll be late for dinner" texts so they can do what? Or maybe they want to barge into that appointment I have next week at the dentist.

Do you use Google email, contacts and calendar? Why don't people have a problem with using that company's products as they slowly dominate every facet of our lives?

And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't send, receive, or store any really sensitive information like credit cards and passwords using my cell phone anyway.

Google sync is a necessary evil. i want to limit the number of companies that have my data. limiting this reduces my chances of my data falling into the wrong hands and doing the wrong thing - ie spam etc. the less companies that have your data - the better.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Google sync is a necessary evil. i want to limit the number of companies that have my data. limiting this reduces my chances of my data falling into the wrong hands and doing the wrong thing - ie spam etc. the less companies that have your data - the better.

Why is Google a necessary evil? You can sync everything directly through your computer if you are that worried about people stealing your data. What kind of incredibly sensitive data do you have ?

You made a blanket statement about not wanting your data exposed (even though you use Google) on a thread about an app that enables you to access your data if you don't have your phone. It can't be done without entrusting your data in some way to a 3rd party . That's especially true now that everything is moving to the cloud.

I'm not trying to get into flame war here, it's just that people always make statements about the security of their data as though they are doing top secret government work, yet they stand a much better chance of being compromised by unwittingly answering a phishing email or going to a scam ebay website than by big companies like BestBuy or even Google.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ok - let me try to spell it out for you once again -

1. Google is a necessary evil for me because they offer enough value added services (ie push email, contacts, calendar, misc services, etc.) that i am willing to risk the improbable data compromise. i "trust" Google enough to allow this but it doesn't mean i open that trust to some misc. retailer like friggin Best Buy - especially when it's not necessary and the "value" they provide is dubious at best.
2. "incredibly sensitive data" is the contact information of all of my friends, family, and business associates as well as personal financial and password information.

again - the point is - IT IS GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE TO LIMIT YOUR DATA EXPOSURE TO THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTIES POSSIBLE.

DO YOU GET IT YET?

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are so paranoid, how can you possibly use your phone for something as sensitive as passwords and financial information (I don't)? What if your phone is lost or stolen? Do you feel that BestBuy will make unauthorized purchases using your credit information? Do you think that Google can't access your information which is stored on their servers if they really want to?

Everything you mentioned above can be done without using any of Googles services. There are plenty of people that consider Google the evil empire as they have so much of our data, so I wouldn't be so quick to trust them above all others.

Finally, you haven't used MiQ so you have no idea what value it adds yet you felt that you had to make a smug remark about their service in relation to your incredibly sensitive information.

wooyee

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Left@Home has to be continually running in the background too, so I'm not sure why you mention that . Then you have to find someone else with a data phone to send your calls and messages to . I really don't want to ask a co-worker if I can have all my calls and messages sent to his or her phone. Plus, it only does call logs and SMS.

I guess some might find Left@Home useful, but you can do so much more with MiQ.

AJF, thanks for sharing your points. Left@Home does have less functions right now, I'll keep updating it.
What i earlier stated was that if you want to use MiQ, you'll need available data connections, if your phone is left at home without the wifi/3G/2G enabled, you'll get no latest info from MiQ. However, Left@Home can always keep you and others informed the latest, as long as it has signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad