Widget Locker Lockscreen question

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Initially when I installed widget locker, it ran perfectly. But in my tinkering around with the settings, apparently I messed something up.
I want to put apps on my widget locker screen that open directly from there but do NOT ask me to unlock my phone to execute the application.
For instance, a calculator shortcut is on my widget locker screen.
Now, I press it and I then go directly to my stock lockscreen to put my pin in. Then it opens.
I want to just hit the calculator app from widget locker and it open without going to the stock lock screen.
Leave the phone locked and run the apps I put on Widget locker from there.
How do I make this happen?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you say it worked before, did you have a PIN lock active? I'm not sure as I haven't installed WidgetLocker myself, but I belive that in order to get access to apps, if you have a secure lockscreen set, you have to provide the right credentials or it won't open.

sajipv

May 7, 2011
Visit site
In case you are sure that your tinkering with the settings has landed you in this condition, why don't you try clearing the app's data from Applications Manager? You can then start from a clean slate and set up once again to your requirement.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
In case you are sure that your tinkering with the settings has landed you in this condition, why don't you try clearing the app's data from Applications Manager? You can then start from a clean slate and set up once again to your requirement.
Good suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I've emailed the developer.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've cleaned cache/uninstalled/rebooted and the same thing happens. Dev has yet to reply to emails.
After Googling I see others have had this issue.
For instance this thread:
http://androidforums.com/android-applications/311456-widget-locker-security.html

One person seems to have found an answer with this :
I got the answer. It didn't disable the security. The security kick off time is changed to 15 minutes.
??
I don't understand.

Do any of you have Widget Locker active (apps executed form the WL lockscreen) And have an Android Lockscreen PIN that works as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2