In continuing The Droid Demos round-up of Android keyboards, today I bring you Smart Keyboard Pro. After posting about SwiftKey, I received a suggestion from a reader to try out Smart Keyboard Pro and I have to say, its one of the best Android keyboards I've used. While not so much focused on text prediction, Smart Keyboard Pro has GREAT spell correction. You'll have to go for the Pro version(paid) to get the full options, but its definitely worth it. With common mistakes correction, spell correction, prediction, and user learning(it tries to learn how you type), Smart Keyboard Pro is certainly a welcome replacement for the stock Android keyboard.

Smart Keyboard Pro Video Demo
    08-16-2010 10:58 AM
    I have FINALLY found the keyboard I want. Downloaded the trial, and immediately went to the pro. Didn't change a single setting (I'm actually afraid to) because it works perfectly for me on my Evo. This is as fast as a physical keyboard for me, and rarely do I make a mistake that it corrects badly.

I think I've literally tried a dozen keyboards before hitting this one!

Swype made too many errors and was too high a learning curve, especially if you type a lot of strange words and acronyms. Swiftkey beta was good but it's prediction was off for me much of the time. This one works great.
    08-17-2010 12:54 PM
    we all have heard that there will soon be a new keyboard that has excellent prediction and spelling correction. when that is available i'm sure there will be lots of post and articles, shouldn't everyone just wait?
    08-17-2010 01:50 PM
    i just think there will be an arms race that makes them all better
    08-17-2010 02:04 PM
    I think I can afford $2.50 for my typing to not suck while I wait for something better to come along that's free.
    08-17-2010 02:40 PM
    WOW! I'm now prepared to pry off the hardware keyboard from my Moto Droid. I don't need it now. What a difference! I do wonder why they didn't stick a numeric keypad in there somewhere?
    08-17-2010 04:00 PM
    WOW! I'm now prepared to pry off the hardware keyboard from my Moto Droid. I don't need it now. What a difference! I do wonder why they didn't stick a numeric keypad in there somewhere?
    It can be activated in the settings.
    08-17-2010 05:07 PM
    I was using Smart Keyboard Pro for quite sometime, but then fell in love with Shapewriter. If Smart Keyboard can get a 'swipe' feature it will rule the world.

No way I am getting rid of smart keyboard, but shapewriter is pretty damn awesome.
    08-17-2010 05:09 PM
    I think I'd tried this early on, I recognize Cyril's name...but it wasn't what it is now. Depends on what you want. Swype is not for me. Numeric isn't there yet, but he's working on it now.
    08-17-2010 05:37 PM
    i just bought it and i love it
    08-17-2010 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD