09-22-2010 03:40 AM
217 ... 56789
tools
    Left my comments this evening.
    08-18-2010 07:02 PM
    Left my comments. Unfortunately, the market doesn't allow enough text to really leave meaningful feedback. So, in case the developers are reading here, too:

As others have stated, the program simply MUST allow the maps to be loaded to the SD card. I'm unable to download the maps, so I can't evaluate the program at all.

And there needs to be an option to download files this large over a wired connection and sideload them onto the phone. Not everyone has a WiFi connection available, and not everyone has unlimited data.

Frankly, this is so obvious, I'm amazed the developers haven't already fixed this. They're on version 10, I think, and haven't bothered to address this yet? Unbelievable.
    08-18-2010 07:59 PM
    Left my comment. I agree with the map size. My idea would be to split the maps by state (U.S. for example) so that the download size could be reduced. Then you could download the map you need when you go there.
    08-18-2010 08:11 PM
    I've entered, what a great idea to have this offline. Not only is this a great little tool when you have no service, but since I have the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (which has major GPS issues with Maps) this is surely a welcomed app, seems to work fine with the GPS, possibly coincidence, but nevertheless, a big thanks...
    Large download, but definitely worth the wait !!! Developers might want to consider being able to download state by state to keep DL's smaller and faster. It's not too often many people are driving interstate or across country.
    08-18-2010 08:33 PM
    anyway for people that already downloaded it to upload a mirror of it to rapidshare for others to down from the computer?
    08-18-2010 08:38 PM
    Entred
    08-18-2010 09:18 PM
    Comment entered. Always like to have off-line maps for my job. Thanks!
    08-18-2010 10:05 PM
    I have entered!! Thanks for the contest!!
    08-19-2010 01:26 AM
    finally done with the 3gb download! tried it on airplane mode and it rocks!
    hope to win that license!
    08-19-2010 05:02 AM
    Entered

I do have a wifi connection so I did not have any problem with the large download. The program gives you the options you look for in any GPS program, even those lacking from Google maps, but I am having lots of trouble with the keyboard. With the layout being different than my native android keyboard, I was constantly kicking myself back a screen and having to do my address search over and over again.

Great program, navigation is very accurate and detailed.
    08-19-2010 05:56 AM
    Entered...agree about the space for a detailed review on market.
    It took the better part of 2 days to download...it will allow you to resume download after completing a "section" of the map (I think it's broken down into 4 parts).
    1)State maps would be helpful or ability to download on home computer and transfer to phone
    2)Would rather have qwerty keyboard or just use the android keyboard
    3)Navigation is smooth and GPS accurate to about 50 feet (it takes the GPS about 20-40 seconds to lock whereas other apps tend to need 10-20).

Overall pretty good and will enjoy the free trial (with the 4 days I have left)
    08-19-2010 07:22 AM
    Added an initial comment that I'll refine as I use it more...surprised there aren't any other offline nav apps on android yet...

They can't break up the maps into states if you want cross state routing...been using other nav apps on WM for a while and they're all like that.

Really sucks that map download resume is only on specific chunks :P
    08-19-2010 07:46 AM
    Entered.
    08-19-2010 08:06 AM
    For those of you posting......."would be helpful to download on home computer and transfer to phone"...... A person can downloaded to their computer VIA the NDrive website, but through the AM there is simply no way; making this an Android issue NOT an NDrive issue, it has not been overlooked as some have indicated, it is simply unavailable by Android at the moment.
    08-19-2010 08:37 AM
    Just got a Droid X and one of the first apps I installed because I am heading on a trip, took a while to get installed but loving it. Great App!!

Entered into the contest, good luck everyone!
    08-19-2010 08:42 AM
    This has to be the worst navigation app I've tried... two days to download map, graphics too small to read while driving! Co-Pilot Live is a much better navigation app that allows you to download maps to pc then USB to phone. Much better graphics.
    08-19-2010 09:10 AM
    I have entered the contest and my comments are posted on the Android Market.
    08-19-2010 01:03 PM
    Where is the setting to switch the software's voice prompting to Feet / Miles instead of Meters?

It took ages to download the USA Map. I downloaded this map because it's all I need and seemed less expensive than the North American Map which might have taken even longer. Using WiFi didn't prove any faster than 3G.

I found the kph to mph switch but not the other. Is this an oversight that US users will have to endure if they want to continue to use the product? Seems unthinkable considering the software is v10. I'm hoping I'm just rather blind, etc instead.

I have contacted the developer through their site. In case I don't get a response before the contest is over, I thought I'd post here as well since I can't really review it in this state.

I'll also be reviewing Co-Pilot Live v8 in the meantime while I wait. Based upon map cost, they appears equal. May the best product win.
    08-19-2010 01:56 PM
    I have entered.
    08-19-2010 03:25 PM
    For those of you posting......."would be helpful to download on home computer and transfer to phone"...... A person can downloaded to their computer VIA the NDrive website, but through the AM there is simply no way; making this an Android issue NOT an NDrive issue, it has not been overlooked as some have indicated, it is simply unavailable by Android at the moment.
    When I installed the software, it prompted me to immediately download some 33MB of data. The program did not offer me the option of downloading it via my PC instead.

After I downloaded that data, the program prompted me to download maps. Again, nothing told me I could do it from their web site. How am I to know that's an option if the program doesn't tell me? The typical Android user will download it from the market, not go searching for the vendor's web site.
    08-19-2010 03:44 PM
    Not having a lot of success but I am in!
    08-19-2010 05:53 PM
    that reminds me...what happened to Navigon and Tomtom?

Last I heard, they were supposed to be available in March of this year...
    08-19-2010 06:23 PM
    I entered....
    08-19-2010 07:35 PM
    I'm in for this great program. (lshelmir)
    08-19-2010 07:42 PM
    Entered!
    08-19-2010 10:08 PM
217 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD