What Droid App Is Missing?

mynetdude

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a better app that can keep track of various items I own via manual entry, from the web or barcode like the following apps:

Shelves
Inventory
Packrat

Shelves does not allow you to add custom categories with custom icons and has terrible searching results

Inventory is a bit more for international users has more cutstomization, I have not tried finding anything with it though

Packrat is more of an advanced version of shelves, you can add more shelves but you cannot add customized icons, I also have not tried finding the items with packrat yet either.

Packrat uses the barcode scanner Zxing made but it does not seem to work, all the other apps I have that can use the same barcode scanner use it just fine.

In a nutshell this app needs to have good ability to find the product specific to the barcode or search (I have tried searching for HTC Evo, and all I get is phone cases and chargers not the EVO itself) and it needs to have barcode scanning ability that actually works along with being able to customize categories, owners, icons, etc

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I would love a video streaming app that could transcode. I have StreamtoMe on my iPad. It works with a Server called ServetoMe and does its thing flawlessly. StreamtoMe transcides dvrms as well as your typical dvix & mkv files so it works with my Media Center recordings. This is the one thing I am missing on Android & something I hope to see by the time Android tablets start rolling out. It is great to sit on the patio and watch a movie without having to download it to my device. Works with music as well so a server is all you need and you can stream anywhere in the house with speakers. AirVideo on the iplatform works as well, but does not transscode dvrms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

creepyncrawly

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of grocery shopping applications in the market, but evidently not any comes even close to what was available on palm. There was an application on palm called HandyShopper which was very feature rich and was maybe one of the best shipping apps ever, and also freeware. The developer ported it to winmo, but he says he will not port it to android. I think there's probably a place for a full featured shopping program on android. I'd pay for it for use in my business. What I'm using now on android may work but is highly limited, and it's the best I could find for my purposes.

As far as PIM's go, Pimlico Software currently has Pimlical for Windows Desktop, and is working on the Android version. The application is written in Java so it can be ported to almost any platform (except iPhone perhaps). The original version of this program was DateBook on Palm, which has been around for a long time, currently in version 6. It is the most full featured and robust PIM across the board, for advanced users. The cost will be about $30 for the desktop version, but currently introductory price of $20. Not sure what the pricing will be for the android version when it is released. But the two will eventually sync with each other.

Long time HandyShopper user and long time DateBk user on Palm.

mynetdude

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of grocery shopping applications in the market, but evidently not any comes even close to what was available on palm. There was an application on palm called HandyShopper which was very feature rich and was maybe one of the best shipping apps ever, and also freeware. The developer ported it to winmo, but he says he will not port it to android. I think there's probably a place for a full featured shopping program on android. I'd pay for it for use in my business. What I'm using now on android may work but is highly limited, and it's the best I could find for my purposes.

As far as PIM's go, Pimlico Software currently has Pimlical for Windows Desktop, and is working on the Android version. The application is written in Java so it can be ported to almost any platform (except iPhone perhaps). The original version of this program was DateBook on Palm, which has been around for a long time, currently in version 6. It is the most full featured and robust PIM across the board, for advanced users. The cost will be about $30 for the desktop version, but currently introductory price of $20. Not sure what the pricing will be for the android version when it is released. But the two will eventually sync with each other.

Long time HandyShopper user and long time DateBk user on Palm.

Have u tried ourgroceries yet??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

creepyncrawly

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Have u tried ourgroceries yet??

This app has almost no features. I think I evaluated it and moved on quickly. Allows multiple lists, and multiple users, and menus. That's about it. Didn't see a pick list, or price tracking, or... etc. etc.

I don't suppose you have access to an old palm, or are familiar with HandyShopper, but if you did, you'd see what I mean.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
an app that will update / and / or checkin refresh all services such as foursquare, gowalla, scvngr. Kinda what tweetdeck does for twitter and facebook.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I looked at your Auto Notifications for Android app. Timeriffic has many more features, and it's free. I hope your other apps are more exciting than that one, because $1.50 for a timed sound switch is a bit much.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think a be all end all app that allows you to change the led notification for all events together like berry buzz for bb. With that I could change calendar event, email(including each account getting its own), incoming calls missed calls, text, mms, facebook, twitter etc. With the ones currently avialable in the market you can do some but not others and that is a pain, have to use gmail notifier for gmail app, handcent for text and mms, roadsync for exchange email, and missed call for other email, missed calls, etc. So that is 4 apps I have to do the job that one should be able to do. I want nothing the same color so when i see the led blinking i quickly know what i have waiting. Would gladly pay for one app that controls all led notifications.

Oh and a way to put the phone in sleep mode by plugging it in, as in no radio, no led notification, no ringtones etc. or at least a way to shut off led notification at night very easily. i hear no sounds at night, but when i get a message, my room looks like a christmas tree with the led blinking.
Try Blink.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How about a side scrolling app tray widget for all your favorite apps, yes there are Widgets to add 4app icons to 1 space but none that are what i would call eye candy maybe even add custom icon support and multiple widget support for grouping apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21