Hello guys,

1) What app do you install to prevent theft? If some one steals your phone, which app can help you recover the phone or find the thief?

2) When using the phone or using the phone as GPS, someone runs by and steals your phone, is there any app that can help you to take back your phone or prevent phone from stolen?

3) Do I need to install any security/malware/antivirus apps for android phone?

I am new to smartphone android and I am using S4, thanks in advance for helping. Thanks
    07-01-2013 07:06 AM
    There are a lot of theft apps. I personally use Cerberus which has a lot of features that you can control from a website (locate the phone on a map, lock the phone, wipe the phone, take a picture, record video, record sound, send a message, sound an alarm (which can be set to take a picture of the theif when they dismiss it). It has tools to prevent it from being uninstalled and hides it from the app drawer as well (although it's not bulletproof). It's only a couple of bucks, but there's some others as well.

I personally don't use an antivirus app, but I tend to be careful with what I install (I only use the Play store, I read the permissions, I don't install apps like 'Hot asian girl wallpaper lolz" or anything. But for those people who do use an antivirus app, I think Lookout is one of the most popular ones.
    acsurfer likes this.
    07-01-2013 07:54 AM