I've been reading about this app/widget and it seems cool. 2 questions.
    1 - with 4 icons in the space of 1, do you find yourself accidentally picking the wrong one (like I do all the time with typing on the keyboard)?
    2 - Is there a setting to use 2 icons instead of 4?
    08-17-2010 02:26 PM
    I don't have any problem with it. In fact, I ONLY use the multicon icons now. I've got the 16 or so that I most use tucked away in 4 of the multicon widgets in corners of my home screen and basically nothing else on the screen other than a wifi toggle.
    08-17-2010 02:33 PM
    1 - surprisingly, no. Never had a problem. I had the same worry. Of course I'm using an evo...smaller screens might have problems but I don't know.

2 - you can blank out two of them so nothing shows in those 2 spots.
    08-17-2010 02:36 PM
    1 - surprisingly, no. Never had a problem. I had the same worry. Of course I'm using an evo...smaller screens might have problems but I don't know.

2 - you can blank out two of them so nothing shows in those 2 spots.

How do you "blank out" two of them?
    08-17-2010 02:54 PM
    Click on the one you want to be blank and then click the 'other' tab and there's a checkbook for it.

Another trick: you can add the multicon widget to any empty spot and check the box to leave the icons in maintenance mode and it switches EVERY multicon widget you've used into maintenance mode....let's you change them without having to recreate them.

edit: You can also go to multicon in the app drawer and click on 'manage widgets' at the top which does the same thing. Just found that out...doesn't require adding the widget to a blank spot.
    08-17-2010 03:14 PM
    I use it coupled with Launcher pro which lets you resize widgets, I have 4 apps in 2 spots now, looks much nicer
    08-17-2010 03:55 PM
    I like Launch-X Pro (not to be confused with launcher pro - very different), it allows you to make all kinds of costume widgets - contacts, shortcuts, applications that fit into a 4x1 homescreen space. FYI if creating contacts and you use facebook download SyncMyPix so that your contact pictures show up, this fix also works for launcher pro.
    08-17-2010 04:44 PM
    Yea I'm a fan of multicon, I just have one of these on my main screen to keep everything clean looking.
    08-18-2010 09:39 PM
    I'm a huge fan of this application. I've been looking for something EXACTLY like this. I don't have any problem hitting another icon, I've only done it once and I've been using it since release. Having a large screen (DroidX) does help quite a bit though.
    08-18-2010 11:02 PM
    I do have the EVO larger screen, and I have small fingers, but I do not have any problem hitting the small buttons.

This program is great. Especially since in the last update you can now add a shortcut in addition to an application. (and the wifi on/off button - I am looking forward to more of those).
    08-18-2010 11:52 PM
    I just found this randomly last night it is, quite possibly, one of the most useful applications EVER for the Android platform!

Extra special thanks to the developer, H9kDroid, for your efforts and skill in putting this together, and for making it free!
    08-19-2010 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD