The Official Launcher Pro discussion thread

prahz2000

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have LauncherPro Plus on my Samsung Captivate. When I plug the phone in for a re-charge, the touch display does not respond. It will not respond when plugged in. Anyone know how to fix this? Is this a LauncherPro issue?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Desire running 2.2 and LP+ 0.7.7.2.

When I leave the phone alone for a while and then come back to it, it's as if my homescreens have been unloaded from memory. It'll display my default homescreen fine, but if I try to scroll to the left or right, it'll freeze up for about one second before it loads everything and completes the scroll. It's not a major problem, just makes things feel a lot more unstable.

Does anyone else have this issue?

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with LP for the past couple of days, and really like the features and flexibility it provides. (the 'swipe gesture' from the dock icons is particularly slick!) however, it seems to be killing my battery life on my Droid X. With stock 'philblur', I would almost always get through a full day, even with fairly heavy use. Now I'm down to ~20% by 3:00 with very minimal use.

Are there settings that I'm missing that could be eating the battery? Thoughts?

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had launcher pro on a DX almost since launch and it's worked perfectly. After downloading the updated Google Voice app it's forced closed 4 times in one day. Anyone know why / if they're related?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Contact Photo Dialing widget problems

I tried adding a stock photo widget for sending a text but they don't resize right and even if they did, you have to select the action you want each time you press it.
Any ideas? What do you guys use in place of the stock os that worked great on that part.

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried adding a stock photo widget for sending a text but they don't resize right and even if they did, you have to select the action you want each time you press it.
Any ideas? What do you guys use in place of the stock os that worked great on that part.

I'm having the same issue. I've tried a bunch of free 3rd party apps (picture dial, arti's fancy contacts widget, contact widget...) and they're ok, but none of them work the way i want them to (or the way the stock widget does/did). they're worth trying out, though - maybe you'll find the perfect one for you. there are also a bunch of paid apps, but if i'm going to pay anyway, i'd rather pony up and upgrade to LP plus and use the built-in 'people' widget. (which is probably what i'm going to do)

I'm happy to pay the $3, because LP is a great product, but i'm holding off right now because of my battery issues since installing LP - see my post above.

hope that helps.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with LP for the past couple of days, and really like the features and flexibility it provides. (the 'swipe gesture' from the dock icons is particularly slick!) however, it seems to be killing my battery life on my Droid X. With stock 'philblur', I would almost always get through a full day, even with fairly heavy use. Now I'm down to ~20% by 3:00 with very minimal use.

Are you using the Twitter (and now Facebook with the new update!) widgets? If so - what are your update intervals set to?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Most of the Motorola widgets are visually broken when using the five rows of icons with LP. I had to scrap the calendar, which I actually liked, to use the LP calendar widget instead. I don't like it as much. I also can't use the news widget. No matter what size I make the widget it gets visually broken.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve not using five rows? Is there an alternative news widget that won't break with LP?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Most of the Motorola widgets are visually broken when using the five rows of icons with LP. I had to scrap the calendar, which I actually liked, to use the LP calendar widget instead. I don't like it as much. I also can't use the news widget. No matter what size I make the widget it gets visually broken.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve not using five rows? Is there an alternative news widget that won't break with LP?

Well I'm guessing the reason you don't want to lose 5 rows is to have more icons on the screen, if you go back to 4 you won't have your issue and can then use "Multicon Widget" or similar (Multicon Widget - Android app on AppBrain). I haven't tried it but I will some day...

jcarley0830

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro and Android newbie here. I am running 2.2 on Dinc and really prefer this over the stock Sense. I am having a problem with unread text messages.

I have all the options checked to show unread/missed counts for phone/gmail/messages. Everything works great with custom icons for missed calls and gmail count, but not messages. If I change the messages icon to default LP icon, the count shows. I can then choose a custom icon and count will show ok for awhile.

Then after a restart of LP or reboot of phone, the unread count quits coming through. I change the icon again and it fixes it.

Is there a way to get the unread messages count to always show without having to switch back to default LP icon? Is Sense running in background messing with count? If so, why does count show for default LP icons?

I have scoured the internet but can't find anything specific to my issue.

Thanks!!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Launcher Pro on my Fascinate, unrooted. I also bought LPI so I have the freedom to change the icons in my dock but all have them that grayish, kind of transparent look. There are tons of dock options but I'm greedy and wish there were more. My favorite features about Launcher Pro include the HIDDEN APP feature, the unread gmail/messaging feature, and the dock at the bottom.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Who has the best source of color custom icons? Everything I have found is just blah or iphone themed. No thanks.

I'd love the answer to these also. :)

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a question: when I open my task manager, Launcher Pro is usually yellow and is using a lot of CPU and RAM. Is this okay, or should I tweak something in the settings like under memory usage or something?

M1AHD

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a question: when I open my task manager, Launcher Pro is usually yellow and is using a lot of CPU and RAM. Is this okay, or should I tweak something in the settings like under memory usage or something?

I think it is normal. It is the same way on my fascinate. Reducing the memory allocated to LP in the settings would degrade performance I would think...

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has been asked. I tried launcherpro and in the dock where you would have the contacts icon. Everytime I hit it I would get an error saying it could not open that. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so had to uninstall.
Any help on this? Thanka

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just set mine up again. I had to long press the icon, and change shortcut to the Contacts app, then changed the icon to my custom one.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the launcher pro plus and i am trying to find some good setting widget toggles. Can anyone suggest any?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800