Facebook App Consuming 21.96MB of Storage

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I infrequently receive notices that I am low on storage space (Nexus One). It's annoying, and it prevents me from receiving text messages when it happens, so it's even more annoying :mad:.

As I went through my apps, I noticed Facebook takes up 21.96MB of space! Is that normal? That nearly twice as large as Adobe Flash and nearly the size of Google Earth.

As with most apps, it doesn't allow itself to be moved to the SD card. Maybe it has a memory leak?

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My Facebook app takes up about 3.7Mb of ROM on HTC Desire (similar phone to Nexus One). Unless you are looking at how much memory is assigned to it in something like Process Manager in Astro, where you will see it uses approximately 21MB of Memory. Different things.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
In Menu>Settings> Application Settings>Manage Applications the Facebook application is only 3.05MB. However, it is storing over 18MB in data in what appears to be a cache. So the total size is nearly 21MB. I cleared the data here, and my "Available Space" in Internal Phone Storage immediately jumped by by 18MB.

However, the app was reset and I had to enter in my login credentials again upon startup. Not a big hassle but it's seems to be a bug. They should allow you to set the cache size in the settings in the app, or at least clear it from there.