This pair of apps work great. Since installing, my battery has been getting nearly 50% longer life under normal usage. Turning off the data when the phone screen is off apparently makes a tremendous difference and it's not a big deal at all since it still updates 1 minute every 15 mins unless I turn it on at which it instantly reconnects to data sync. The great part is it doesn't affect incoming calls OR text messages so they still come in like normal. I am not sure how it effects Gmail push but I seem to still be getting push emails. I am most likely going to be coughing up for the paid version of this app because it works great.

Cant wait to pair it up with my Verizon extended battery coming later today so I can finally achieve the final frontier: one overnight charge and all day usage!
    08-18-2010 11:40 AM
    I love that app as well. JuiceDefender has really improved my battery life so much so I am contemplating not purchasing the battery upgrade. Please let us know what you think when you have your new battery working in conjunction with JD. I'd love to hear what kind of life you get out of the new battery. Thanks.
    08-18-2010 12:10 PM
    No problem. The extended battery was just delivered to me here at work, but I want to charge it fully at home before I put it to the test, then I will definitely publish the results here.

Today on my stock battery with JuiceDefender, I have now had it off charge for about 3 hours (and have been lightly browsing and heavily texting) and I still have over 80% battery life according to JuicePlotter. Before JD/JP I would be around 60-70% at this point. (I do have some widgets: ESPN, stock Calendar, Retro Clock Date/Time, Text Message Inbox, Gmail, Power Control, Stock Alert and Moto Social Status)
    08-18-2010 02:36 PM
    Havent even gotten to use the new battery yet. Believe it or not I've had the X off the charger since 1230 pm yesterday (18.5 hrs) and it's still at 30%!! I am in disbelief! Juicedefender is now my new favorite app!!
    08-19-2010 05:59 AM
    Glad to hear it! You will get just as good results if not better with the extended battery and not having that program. So with it should be really good.
    08-19-2010 06:55 AM
    Honestly, I wonder what kind of mental effect that 1.x number they give you has on your perception. I've used JD/JP with no significant increases in battery life for about a week. My number has been floating around 1.6x.
    08-19-2010 07:07 AM
    I really dont pay any attention to that 1.x number as I've seen it fluctuate from 1.64- 1.79 over the last two days since I've installed. I can say though, that my battery life has been enormously better, far far better than I actually expected from this app. The only possible issue I've noticed is that my Universal Inbox widget wont update immediately if I have an email (however the Gmail notification still shows up in the notification bar in realtime, so it's really a minor concern). Text messages still show up instantly even if the phone is idle/sleeping.
    08-19-2010 07:46 AM
    Juiceplotter works great, juicedefender completely borked my battery and wasn't worth the effort to configure so it didn't drain drain drain all night long.
    08-19-2010 03:08 PM