Should I be concerned about keyboard replacements gathering info?

Nooblet

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I really like some of the new (new to me that is) digital keyboard replacement apps and was about to buy one after a trial. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I started wondering if there is anyway to know if data could be collecting from my typing and sent to some mobster in Russia. I don't use my phone for banking or anything sensitive like. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Many of them require access to user dictionary, otherwise if it requires access to phone calls, or some other unusual things then don't install it. Touchpal says it requires personal information (doesn't specify dictionary) so that one smells fishy and of course it's coming from China.

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Many of them require access to user dictionary, otherwise if it requires access to phone calls, or some other unusual things then don't install it. Touchpal says it requires personal information (doesn't specify dictionary) so that one smells fishy and of course it's coming from China.

in regards to TouchPal requesting access to personal info, I can only guess that this would be required to use the feature that allows you to import your contact names into the dictionary. Great feature if you have contacts with difficult last name.

I don't think they are stealing data at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair