Why does it insist on running in the background? The HTC calendar doesn't do this. I can go to the running applications area and stop it and look back later, it's running again.
    08-18-2010 04:31 PM
    just let it go, playa. let it go. it ain't hurting nobody.
    08-18-2010 05:17 PM
    You probably don't see the HTC Calendar's bg processes, they're probably included in generic HTC or Android system stuff.

as for Jorte's calendar processes, they probably run in the background to check for alerts, reminders, whatever else that calendar does. Don't worry about it. It needs to do that for it to work properly!
    08-18-2010 05:48 PM
    You probably don't see the HTC Calendar's bg processes, they're probably included in generic HTC or Android system stuff.

as for Jorte's calendar processes, they probably run in the background to check for alerts, reminders, whatever else that calendar does. Don't worry about it. It needs to do that for it to work properly!
    I know you're right. I'm new to android and am paranoid about anything running in the background that might cost me battery life. Guess it's time to order a high capacity battery and forget about it.
    08-18-2010 06:57 PM
    Guess it's time to order a high capacity battery and forget about it.
    not needed, playa.
    08-18-2010 07:45 PM
    I know you're right. I'm new to android and am paranoid about anything running in the background that might cost me battery life. Guess it's time to order a high capacity battery and forget about it.
    No need to be paranoid about it. Just because something is running in the background, doesn't mean it's sucking your battery dry. that's not how Android and services work. It's been discussed and dissected many times, so find the links/articles/etc, and learn to live happy your phone and apps are working properly and enhancing your lives with all the services!

PS: biggest drains on the battery are the display and data access; any app that syncs data (twitter, facebook, email, etc) will drain your battery if they are, for example, set to do it every 15 minutes. try 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours if it's not that important (really, do you need twitter updates every 15 minutes?? on a mobile phone???).

This will have WAY more impact than one service residing in memory and waiting to be triggered by some event to accomplish some tasks, and otherwise doing nothing...

Patrix.
    08-18-2010 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD