Timeriffic

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This is an app but a really useful one. Timeriffic will change your volume/connection/display settings based on the time of day/week. Like I have automatic vibrate, low brightness, WiFi off during 9-5 M-F for work and so on.

Large selection, that is a really useful one I didn't know.

trentandrews

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I like Locale for this. It can also turn your bluetooth on and off, wifi on and off, change your ringtone, and your wall paper.

You can set conditions by time, by calendar, by Contact and by GPS.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Locale is the bomb. I spent quite a while tweaking my settings to the point I "never" have to manually change a profile characteristic again :D

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with the app "Setting Profiles" becuz idk if Locale can do it or not, but SP but also has profiles for when the phone is in the docks or when the phone is charging..

Its aweful nice to put my phone in the cardock and bluetooth connects to my stereo and Pandora starts up.. :D

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Timeriffic is good, and Locale is good, too, but if you really want to exercise control over the functions of your phone check out Tasker. For now, anyway, it's free and it'll let you do practically anything you want. Great app.

So far I've got it so when I have my phone plugged in to my car it keeps the screen from going off and keeps the brightness up all the way, but at dusk/nightfall (right now set for 6:30) it dims the screen by a little more than 50%.

Also, the developer is very responsive and helpful.

Tasker for Android

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am in love with Tasker. Great Great application and I am just amazed on how it is. I have setup a work profile just trying to figure out how to get it to notify for sms, mms, phone calls etc.

Timeriffic is good, and Locale is good, too, but if you really want to exercise control over the functions of your phone check out Tasker. For now, anyway, it's free and it'll let you do practically anything you want. Great app.

So far I've got it so when I have my phone plugged in to my car it keeps the screen from going off and keeps the brightness up all the way, but at dusk/nightfall (right now set for 6:30) it dims the screen by a little more than 50%.

Also, the developer is very responsive and helpful.

Tasker for Android

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz