HTC One / snapchat screenshot

nobuochinHD

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.
I'm french so sorry for my english but does someone can screenshot when looking a picture on snapchat ?
I hold the picture but when i do this the screenshot won't work :s

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're using the correct combination to take a screenshot? Holding Power button + Volume down for a couple of seconds? It should be able to take screenshots regardless of the application you're running.

kim31227

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I was dealing with the same question before. You can't use the power button and home button because it doesn't work for snapchat. However, the power button and the volume down button does work. Just press them together at the same time and it will be fine.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I had no idea you can take a screen shot via power button + home button, lol, I always use the power + volume down combination.

FLiCkADii

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey The power + home button or the power + volume down button. Neither of them work on my phone, its a HTC One xl.? Does anyone know what else there is or anyway i can fix this??

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey The power + home button or the power + volume down button. Neither of them work on my phone, its a HTC One xl.? Does anyone know what else there is or anyway i can fix this??

I had a HTC One X and the power + volume down worked. Are you running a stock or a custom ROM? Maybe if it's a custom ROM the developer changed the mapping or something? Maybe an AOSP ROM, perhaps?

wiapoj

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the save issue and can't take a screen shot. The only way I have managed it on my HTC 1 is press your finger down to view the snap, as you hold press the power button to lock the phone. Then unlock your phone and you should be at the Snapchat photo taking screen. From there press the Snapchat inbox button and it should come up with the snap on screen. That's when you take the screen shot with the power + home combination. This method doesn't send a screen shot notification as well.

BitchImFatJesus

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the save issue and can't take a screen shot. The only way I have managed it on my HTC 1 is press your finger down to view the snap, as you hold press the power button to lock the phone. Then unlock your phone and you should be at the Snapchat photo taking screen. From there press the Snapchat inbox button and it should come up with the snap on screen. That's when you take the screen shot with the power + home combination. This method doesn't send a screen shot notification as well.

That's what I do. People get mad when I screenshot their 1 second snaps lol

Posted via Android Central App

BOBAPPLE

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, none of the suggestions works for me, my phone won't even screen-grab using power and volume...

the 'power button and then going back to the snapchat app' only gives me the message offering double-tap to reply, as if i'd looked at the image for the full amount of time (even if i pressed the power button straight away)

annoying!

It looks like the recent software update from Snapchat has removed all the work arounds you guys have been suggesting

Last edited:

roman2013

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I figured out the trick. :-!

While keeping one finger on the screen to keep the snapchat picture up, press and hold the power and down-volume buttons AT EXACTLY THE SAME TIME. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Irishninja2

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The person right above me has the right answer! It took me a long time to realize you have to press those two at the exact same time and hold for about 1-1.5 full seconds.

Also, for anyone interested i think i have figured out why the easier power/home button combo doesn't work here. I tried every combo of screenshot buttons out and they all work individually EXCEPT that the home button DOES NOT work when you are touching the screen. Just to make sure i tried it on my home screen and in other apps and it's the same thing.

For some reason HTC made it so the home button doesn't function while you are simultaneously touching the screen. I imagine they had some sort of good reason for this, but it just happened to mess with the one app that needs both :p
You can try it out and see for yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie