Just thought I'd give a shout out to give some props to just how handy the droid really can be when you're away with no readily available WiFi handy all the time.

If you've got a cell signal you've got internet as you all know, tethering is just the greatest thing ever. I brought my little netbook to the beach knowing full well there was no wifi at the house. PDANet worked like a charm and I had good connection through most of the week. It dropped occasionally when I went down to 1 bar of signal but was easily restored by reconnecting.

How did I ever live without a smartphone before I'll never know

Updating Facebook with pictures while sitting on the beach, updating my website with FTP while sitting on my lounge chair in the sand, uploading tons of pics from the house using tethering....= WIN! Even my wife was impressed and she hates technology..LOL
    08-19-2010 11:46 PM
    My wife and I went to Aruba recently and we vowed to stay as 'disconnected' as possible during the week we were there.

Besides a daily call to our children back home, we didn't even turn on a TV during the trip.
    Very cathartic.
    08-20-2010 12:56 AM
    I tried to do that as well, but there were just too many times where having the technology available was too good to pass up..LOL

We still had an awesome time..is it time to go back yet?
    08-20-2010 01:35 PM