I am currently weighing options for a Microsoft Office alternative. I am thinking of buy a 7 inch android, ipad or ipad mini tablet. I am looking for the best Office replacement appa for Android. I need something for Android that can create spreadsheets and word docs that can be exported as Office docs. I would also need to be able to view Microsoft documents as well. Gaming is of no concern. I need a tablet for office work and homework. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2013 12:59 PM
    looked at google drive? you can do that on the web side of things but i'm not sure about the mobile app
    07-23-2013 05:23 PM
    looked at google drive? you can do that on the web side of things but i'm not sure about the mobile app
    It is a horrible application. It is performs very poorly for what I need it to do.

07-23-2013 07:00 PM
    i use Excel and Word a lot. my choices in order of preference -

1. OfficeSuite Pro 7 (PDF & HD) by Mobile Systems
    2. Docs To Go
    07-24-2013 06:50 AM
    i use Excel and Word a lot. my choices in order of preference -

1. OfficeSuite Pro 7 (PDF & HD) by Mobile Systems
    2. Docs To Go
    Yeah, I have Docs to Go and do not care for it. I will have to check out OfficeSuite Pro 7. Thanks!

07-24-2013 08:04 PM
    I ended up buying the iPad mini. I don't think that Android has a anything that compete with iWork. I hate to buy an Apple product, but I think 7 inch is too small and I don't like the Note 8.

07-25-2013 10:25 PM
    I ended up buying the iPad mini. I don't think that Android has a anything that compete with iWork. I hate to buy an Apple product, but I think 7 inch is too small and I don't like the Note 8.

Hey as long as you aren't buying anything from microsoft, your fine in my book.

Good luck with the iPad, I second the fact that android tablets can't compare to it when it comes to office productivity apps.

Sent from my paranoid s3...
    07-25-2013 11:10 PM
    Hey as long as you aren't buying anything from microsoft, your fine in my book.

Good luck with the iPad, I second the fact that android tablets can't compare to it when it comes to office productivity apps.

Sent from my paranoid s3...
    Haha I wanted something for work and ebook reading. I wish Android would seriously think about enterprise. The 8 inch is perfect. I owned a Dell XPS 10 and I liked it but there was not much for apps. What's your beef with Microsoft if you don't mind me asking?

07-25-2013 11:31 PM
    Haha I wanted something for work and ebook reading. I wish Android would seriously think about enterprise. The 8 inch is perfect. I owned a Dell XPS 10 and I liked it but there was not much for apps. What's your beef with Microsoft if you don't mind me asking?

Its mostly related to the way they treat open source developers and the open source community (as I am a open source developer). Getting code out of Microsoft is like pulling teeth with pliers. They basically shun us and treat us like dirt. While they praise their own devs as gold. But trust me I feel the same way against apple. Some of it also has to do with patent trolling as well.

But really to describe it in full would require quite the long post, and a sit down at my desktop (which runs mint).

So I go around and advocate Linux as an alternative to both Windows and Mac. To help alleviate my anger at the two. And until they change their ways, I have vowed never to use their products again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2013 01:38 AM
    Its mostly related to the way they treat open source developers and the open source community (as I am a open source developer). Getting code out of Microsoft is like pulling teeth with pliers. They basically shun us and treat us like dirt. While they praise their own devs as gold. But trust me I feel the same way against apple. Some of it also has to do with patent trolling as well.

But really to describe it in full would require quite the long post, and a sit down at my desktop (which runs mint).

So I go around and advocate Linux as an alternative to both Windows and Mac. To help alleviate my anger at the two. And until they change their ways, I have vowed never to use their products again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    You certainly have a valid opinion in it. It must be frustrating.

07-26-2013 07:44 AM
    Yeah, I have Docs to Go and do not care for it. I will have to check out OfficeSuite Pro 7. Thanks!

1. what exactly didn't you like about Docs To Go?
    2. did you try OfficeSuite Pro 7? thoughts?
    07-26-2013 06:16 PM
    I wanted to be able to import a few premade Excel or Word file, edit it and export as a Excel or Word file. I own Docs To Go and it did not have this feature. I did not try OfficeSuite because I find the 7 inch tablets to be too small. The 10 inch tablet is too big for a ereader and productivity device. The iPad mini is perfect. I work in the financial industry and use Word and Excel extensively and Docs To Go just is not up to par. I was not going to shell out $15 on OfficeSuite Pro 7. Our CFO and CEO use iWork, so I would rather go with a guarantee than a maybe.

07-26-2013 06:23 PM
    Plus I find Android tablets to be rather bland. I have a Galaxy S4 and like it. I have just never thought the Android tablet was worth the money. There is just something I don't like about their tablets. The lack of quality peripherals is probably a sizeable part of it. Android makes superior smart phones, but the tablets they still don't have me. I was excited to get the Nexus 7, but when I saw the release it just does nothing for me. I am not bashing Android, but I am just not a fan of the tablet. I thought about the Note 8, but the price is ridiculous imo.

07-26-2013 06:32 PM
    Correction, I own OfficeSuite 7.

07-26-2013 06:35 PM
    Have you tried Cloudon?

It is a free service that allows you to use their remote desktop system for Word and Excel.

I have been using it for a while and it works great.
    07-27-2013 11:38 PM