gleff

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see an option in the Rules section to look for From, To, and Subject so we can set up specific notification ringtones for specific messages.

Loving the program.. Just updated to Froyo on my Galaxy S and it's working nicely now.

phillydog#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
problem with downloading docs after Handbase installed

I just installed Handbase which is a database program I have been using for years on Palm OS and just became available for Android. I just received a *doc file which should have been opened in Quickoffice but instead Maildroid opens Handbase which attempts to open the file with an error message.
Opens correctly in the Gmail app.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am really tired of the fact I can't get the $E%#@ messages to delete from the phone. Yes I got the update. Will be uninstalling if something can't be done about this.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am really tired of the fact I can't get the $E%#@ messages to delete from the phone. Yes I got the update. Will be uninstalling if something can't be done about this.

Not sure what you mean. Did you change a setting? I have no problem deleting on IMAP or POP3. Email me...that way I can troubleshoot.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

The new version 1.51 is finally out. Main new features are

1. the ability to preload the body for offline email
2. full text search (yes, full text)
3. POP3 does some pre-loading for emails > 10kb
4. Ability to no sync with server for deletes. This is for all users who have had issues where a pop3 server removed all your messages

Of course other bug fixes and some technical tweaks.

Reactions: flaviocc2009

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. Did you change a setting? I have no problem deleting on IMAP or POP3. Email me...that way I can troubleshoot.

I have not changed any setting except how often it gets my mail. It has been happening with my pop account since day 1 of my installation. I was hoping it would get fixed with your update but still not deleteing anything. PM sent.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Have upgraded to 1.51 on Dinc running Froyo. After selecting Pre Load and Index All Messages the progress bar starts and when it appears finish I get UID Validity Check error. Not sure what this means or if I should care.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Im still having an issue with maildriod pulling emails from my phone contacts. Its pulling up emails for people I haven't emailed in years. Where do those addresses come from? Im not using gmail or syncing with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

clemmel

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see this back in the earlier part of the thread, but do you expect to have Exchange 2010 support working sometime in the future? I'd love to move to a universal mailbox like this but I need 2010 support for my work email.

Thanks!

Chipster

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
New user here with IMAP accounts. Using Droid when away from POP3 notebook.

No more brushing delete as I did too often with the stock app - with no way to recover from it.

Read every page here - but not the K9 vs thread. Have feature request - or maybe I missed something.

With stock email app - touching the notification icon opened the designated inbox. Can MailDroid do same? Even with default account chosen - I get the account list when I touch the notification icon - not the inbox. But if I open from my launcher - goes right to inbox.

Will chime back as I get into the app.

Oh.. I imagine this was beaten somewhere else... not thrilled with the launcher/noticiation icons for business use - don't suppose you can have this selectable to something more intuitive/professional.

roko14

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After the last update I can't forward email with attachment.
Tried several times with differend emails, phone off/on etc.

I am using Gmail account with IMAP.
HTC Desire with 2.2 Android

Chipster

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I typically have notebook running POP3 client - and Droid on IMAP. As POP3 pulls down email - I have MailDroid delete it on device. When away from notebook - I close the email POP3 client.

Weird happening this morning when I woke up (notebook was off). I get an email on MailDroid - header appears as reponse to an email I sent from notebook last night. I open it - it says downloading - then body is an email I received two days ago - one that the POP3 had already sucked off the server.

So I open the stock Droid email app - also IMAP - and shows the same email - but the body is correct.

Only on one message so far: MailDroid somehow got the wrong body for a header - but stock app did not.

Unsure if our server may have hiccupped -since the wrong body that MailDroid grabbed was from a message (supposedly) deleted from the server two days ago.

Weird ?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
New user here with IMAP accounts. Using Droid when away from POP3 notebook.

No more brushing delete as I did too often with the stock app - with no way to recover from it.

Read every page here - but not the K9 vs thread. Have feature request - or maybe I missed something.

With stock email app - touching the notification icon opened the designated inbox. Can MailDroid do same? Even with default account chosen - I get the account list when I touch the notification icon - not the inbox. But if I open from my launcher - goes right to inbox.

Will chime back as I get into the app.

Oh.. I imagine this was beaten somewhere else... not thrilled with the launcher/noticiation icons for business use - don't suppose you can have this selectable to something more intuitive/professional.

1. I know I missed that idea for notifications, I have to make sure I add it in.

2. I believe that some apps out there allow you to change the icon. To be honest, this is so low on my list right now :-(

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I typically have notebook running POP3 client - and Droid on IMAP. As POP3 pulls down email - I have MailDroid delete it on device. When away from notebook - I close the email POP3 client.

Weird happening this morning when I woke up (notebook was off). I get an email on MailDroid - header appears as reponse to an email I sent from notebook last night. I open it - it says downloading - then body is an email I received two days ago - one that the POP3 had already sucked off the server.

So I open the stock Droid email app - also IMAP - and shows the same email - but the body is correct.

Only on one message so far: MailDroid somehow got the wrong body for a header - but stock app did not.

Unsure if our server may have hiccupped -since the wrong body that MailDroid grabbed was from a message (supposedly) deleted from the server two days ago.

Weird ?

No idea about this one. UIDs on the server might have got mismatched.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Any chance of having maildriod pull email addresses from my internal droid x contacts and not from wherever it is pulling my email addresses now? It's really the only thing left I really miss. Oh and how bout a choice of notification email icons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie