06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Does maildroid have a error report system where it tells you if there is a problem with the email rather than just let the email sit in the outbox?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-08-2010 09:44 PM
    Upgraded to 1.56 but I'm not seeing any of the configuration options for the cleaning old data. I'm also not able to save files without OI installed. Did I read that update wrong? Do I have to use one of the other two file manages mentioned if I'm not going to use OI? If we'll always have to use a file manager is Astro an option perhaps? Cheers, -Pk
    11-08-2010 10:22 PM
    And, not to beat a dead horse (again), but how is the ~address book~ that maildroid stores supposed to work? As of 1.56, I reset everything again, and this is what I see:

1) It does NOT store the addresses of any incoming email or sender or CC anymore like it did a few versions back.

2) It shoes me TWO entries for each address book entry. One with the NAME <email> and one just <email>.

And once I send a new manually entered address that one shows up _three_ times from then on. Once as NAME <email>, once as <email>, and once as <email> but with NAME as some arbitrary field that I never can quite guess where it came from.

What is it supposed to be? -Pk
    11-08-2010 11:07 PM
    Any chance for an archive button for gmail/google apps users to move stuff to All Mail?
    11-08-2010 11:30 PM
    1. Correct, this was changed. You can nickname your accounts any way you like alphabetically to get the correct order. This was an internal change I did to improve speed and remove a call.

2. The account list loads 3x as fast due to caching that was added. Message list and individual messages will only load faster if you are setting the preload option (which has been available since version 1.51).
    Well 1.56 has deteriorated to the point that it's now completely unusable. Frequent black screens upon start up that may or may not show the account list after several minutes. I may get to to open an account and then have it freeze while trying to update the list. Sometimes I can open the preferences and then it will black screen or list the preferences but not allow any changes. Frequent timeout/force close/wait dialogs, etc. Reboots and a battery pull haven't helped.
    11-08-2010 11:57 PM
    Well 1.56 has deteriorated to the point that it's now completely unusable. Frequent black screens upon start up that may or may not show the account list after several minutes. I may get to to open an account and then have it freeze while trying to update the list. Sometimes I can open the preferences and then it will black screen or list the preferences but not allow any changes. Frequent timeout/force close/wait dialogs, etc. Reboots and a battery pull haven't helped.
    Yes, I'm having the same problem with v1.56 on my Captivate with IMAP email from fastmail.fm. It freezes then force closes before I'm able to change any settings.
    11-09-2010 06:26 AM
    Got an error notification this AM when I started Maildroid. Was able to select the choice to mail the log but it froze after that.
    11-09-2010 07:42 AM
    HUmm....read everythig and my decision is not upgrade again.

Still in 1.4....work fine for me. Just have a bug to download attach.

Another thing is when installes 1.5 the 3g was much more consume than 1.4. Its real.

Tks Mail....but i think its better review all that new app 1.5 +
    11-09-2010 08:44 AM
    Yes, I'm having the same problem with v1.56 on my Captivate with IMAP email from fastmail.fm. It freezes then force closes before I'm able to change any settings.
    Alright, this convinces me... using the same clean 1.56 installs against the same IMAP accounts. One of the Vibrant, one on a G2. The Vibrant is slow, flaky, FCs, etc. and the G2 is fine. I was reporting all sorts of IMAP problems to the developer while the Vibrant was my primary device. I'm really convinced Samsung did some wonky stuff in the Galaxy series because the number of _on Galaxy this great app is fudged_ complaints continue to rise. -Pk
    11-09-2010 08:48 AM
    Is there any debug mode I can run this in to help troubleshoot? I have a programming background so I may be able to help.

Also, the help file for the pre-load section in v1.56 mentions something about being able to set it to only pre-load the email bodies when the phone is plugged in. Is this a forthcoming feature? I'd love to have this option.
    11-09-2010 08:53 AM
    For some reason, I can't get one of my IMAP accounts to work with MailDroid. The settings are simple enough, and I tried several combinations with no success. K-9 on the other hand seems to have more complex settings, but I got this same account to work with it right away.

To set it up in the stock client, I have to use these settings for the incoming server:
    IMAP
    Server: slashmail.org
    Port: 993
    username: username
    password: password
    Use secure connection is checked

In K-9 Mail I use these:
    IMAP server: slashmail.org
    Security type: SSL(always)
    Authentication type: PLAIN
    IMAP path prefix: (Automatic using NAMESPACE if available)

In MailDroid I tried these incoming settings:
    IMAP
    Server: slashmail.org
    Secure connection is checked

I get the error
    Password or settings are incorrect.
    Protocol: imap
    Error: null
    11-09-2010 09:11 AM
    Just installed 1.57 on my Droid.
    -Took 5 or 10 seconds to get the changelog- could only FC out of that.
    -Got to account list. Selected an account and got a FC or Wait dialog.
    -Got to account list. Could only FC or Wait from there.

-Restarted MD
    -Got to account list. Pressed menu. Could only FC or Wait from there.

So no improvement over 1.56

Was able to go back to 1.53 using Titanium Backup and all is well again.
    11-09-2010 09:45 AM
    I'll obviously test more over the course of the day, but 1.57 seems great:

Notifications are working great now... no other issues noticed immediately with a few tests and actual emails to and from each account.

Requests:

1. Archive button along with the reply/delete/etc buttons.
    2. Notification lists the account name (as it does) and mail subject.

Thanks!
    11-09-2010 10:33 AM
    1. Correct, this was changed. You can nickname your accounts any way you like alphabetically to get the correct order. This was an internal change I did to improve speed and remove a call.

2. The account list loads 3x as fast due to caching that was added. Message list and individual messages will only load faster if you are setting the preload option (which has been available since version 1.51).
    1. While I understand the your reasoning there really no way to rename the accounts in a way that makes sense other than to add a number or letter to the front of each nickname. Looks kind of silly and takes up room in the notification bar.

2. I missed setting some of the caching options. Is working much better with 1.53 now.
    11-09-2010 10:49 AM
    Hrm, looks like notifications aren't auto-cleared when whatever they're notifying about no longer exists.

Example: I receive an email and get notifications on my PC and Epic4G. I delete the message on my PC and the message is gone on my Epic4G as expected, but the notification remains.

IMAP (Google Apps) account.
    Maildroid 1.58
    11-09-2010 10:53 AM
    I too am having the black screen hang problems that one other user posted. First time I've ever had to pull the battery from my phone!

Re-arranging the account order was a bad move! I don't care that I can alias them. I wanted them in the order they were there, and that was not alphabetical! You need a way to customize the account order that does not rely on alphabetical order!

I have DARK as my color scheme, which works for the menus, so why when reading an email to you go back to a white back ground? I'm frying my eyes in the dark over this! You scheme needs to be consistent!

Oh, and I for the life of me can't figure out how to configure notification channels on a per account basis, only in global settings. How do you do it per account?
    11-09-2010 04:45 PM
    Hrm, looks like notifications aren't auto-cleared when whatever they're notifying about no longer exists.

Example: I receive an email and get notifications on my PC and Epic4G. I delete the message on my PC and the message is gone on my Epic4G as expected, but the notification remains.
    This has been brought up many times in this thread already (by me even )
    11-09-2010 04:46 PM
    This has been brought up many times in this thread already (by me even )
    Thanks, so has the per account notifications (use the rules configuration area).
    11-09-2010 06:14 PM
    Or a stop responding/ force close message. Reverted back to 1.53.
    11-10-2010 06:20 AM
    Consistent FCs when starting 1.58. Went back to 1.53. Submitted a standard Android error report as well as the 1.58 crash log when I first started 1.53.

On the plus side at least the FCs are semi-immediate with 1.58 instead of having to wait for the Android timeout.
    11-10-2010 10:43 AM
    I have been noticing that a lot of people have been experiencing problems since 1.54 and beyond but that 1.53 was pretty stable. Any chance of getting 1.53 and waiting until the bugs are worked out in the latest version?

Doc
    11-10-2010 02:18 PM
    Consistent FCs when starting 1.58. Went back to 1.53. Submitted a standard Android error report as well as the 1.58 crash log when I first started 1.53.

On the plus side at least the FCs are semi-immediate with 1.58 instead of having to wait for the Android timeout.
    As I scan through the 1.58 errors, I don't see any errors that stand out except the typical 'memory crash' errors. Most people have found 1.58 stable and I have not really heard anything crazy about it. You can keep 1.53 of course running if you like.
    11-11-2010 09:46 AM
    I have been noticing that a lot of people have been experiencing problems since 1.54 and beyond but that 1.53 was pretty stable. Any chance of getting 1.53 and waiting until the bugs are worked out in the latest version?

Doc
    if you want 1.53, just shoot me an email. Having said that, most people are not seeing issues in 1.58 (1.56 and 1.57 had a major bug which took some time to track down).
    11-11-2010 09:47 AM
    As I scan through the 1.58 errors, I don't see any errors that stand out except the typical 'memory crash' errors. Most people have found 1.58 stable and I have not really heard anything crazy about it. You can keep 1.53 of course running if you like.
    So what's these memory crashes? I have 60+ MB of free memory so lack of memory can't be a problem. Other than the typical occasional slowdowns and AppBrain/Fast Web Installer refusing to recognize I have it installed I don't experience any flakiness with other apps.

Any other data I can collect or debug versions I can run to help?
    11-11-2010 10:37 AM
    How does Maildroid spell checker work? Where does it get/use libraries from? That screen which says it requires an Internet connection is disconcerting. -Pk
    11-11-2010 11:10 AM
337 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD