ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good. Since the last update my hotmail doesn't seem to be working correctly. It is only showing emails from 2003-2004, not current emails.

Thanks!

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good. Since the last update my hotmail doesn't seem to be working correctly. It is only showing emails from 2003-2004, not current emails.

Thanks!

Did you update to 1.39 which was released around 12 hours ago? Just want to be sure as 1.38 and earlier versions had some odd issues ;)

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
maildroiddev,
I can say 1.39 finally fixed the bugs from the past couple of versions where it would still show the messages even though you did delete them. Now my question is when the phone is in sleep mode/locked mode, I got up this morning, and usually it would show all my e-mails but now it is not loading everything on the mail server.. What could be the problem? Is it the sleep mode causing this problem?

Thank you,
Charlie

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it started right after I installed today's update. I deleted and reinstalled the hotmail account, which didn't help, but now that I've rebooted it seems to be showing current emails.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edit: I should note that it did make an odd selection of 100 emails, some current and some going back to 2003, that came up as "unread", but it didn't take too long to get them marked as read, and now all seems well.

Last edited:

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
maildroiddev,
I can say 1.39 finally fixed the bugs from the past couple of versions where it would still show the messages even though you did delete them. Now my question is when the phone is in sleep mode/locked mode, I got up this morning, and usually it would show all my e-mails but now it is not loading everything on the mail server.. What could be the problem? Is it the sleep mode causing this problem?

Thank you,
Charlie

Chances are in sleep mode when you turned the phone on in the morning it made a quick call to the server and got the latest mail. The old version made a 'live connection' call to the server, such that when you turned on the phone and went to your inbox (pop3 or imap) it work up and started to push or pull.

The new system works a bit differently. It will 'sync' the new mail that comes in and does not make a live connection (and it also stores headers locally). So, when you woke up the phone, it did start the push/pull and then when it got new mail it started the process of making sure it sync'd with the headers in the db (if it needed to). This takes a few more seconds (especially if you have a ton of mail).

Had you left sleep mode on (for at least the wake-up option). Then you would have seen all your mail.

This brings me to a question. I have the wakeup option set for 15 minutes. However, in the case you mentioned you may want it to wake up every 3 hours at night. Do you guys want me to add a wakeup time interval option so that you can define longer than 15 minutes?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it started right after I installed today's update. I deleted and reinstalled the hotmail account, which didn't help, but now that I've rebooted it seems to be showing current emails.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edit: I should note that it did make an odd selection of 100 emails, some current and some going back to 2003, that came up as "unread", but it didn't take too long to get them marked as read, and now all seems well.

Very odd. I am adding a select all checkbox in the next version to help with selecting many at one time.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Very odd. I am adding a select all checkbox in the next version to help with selecting many at one time.

Well, it's been working perfect since. So I hope no one gets the wrong impression, maildroid has been great for me since I got my phone and the recent updates just made it better.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Chances are in sleep mode when you turned the phone on in the morning it made a quick call to the server and got the latest mail. The old version made a 'live connection' call to the server, such that when you turned on the phone and went to your inbox (pop3 or imap) it work up and started to push or pull.

The new system works a bit differently. It will 'sync' the new mail that comes in and does not make a live connection (and it also stores headers locally). So, when you woke up the phone, it did start the push/pull and then when it got new mail it started the process of making sure it sync'd with the headers in the db (if it needed to). This takes a few more seconds (especially if you have a ton of mail).

Had you left sleep mode on (for at least the wake-up option). Then you would have seen all your mail.

This brings me to a question. I have the wakeup option set for 15 minutes. However, in the case you mentioned you may want it to wake up every 3 hours at night. Do you guys want me to add a wakeup time interval option so that you can define longer than 15 minutes?

Maildroiddev,
Yes the 3 hours would work great. Now if I set it too 15 minuets will it kill my battery? I am loving this program more and more. I cannot wait until there is a paid version, so I can buy it asap.

Thank you again,
Charlie

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
@maildroiddev - Sorry to cross post...

*** Start Partial Cross Post Quote ***

... My laptop is my main email access point and my DroidX is my secondary. I need an option to (download all messages to my phone) and "Leave messages on the server" for my laptop to download them when I have time/access. Because of this, I have a related need to delete the messages from my phone ONLY.

My problem now is that MailDroid 1.41 appears to download the messages (well at least the headers) to my phone, but if my laptop comes in behind and downloads those same messages (the laptop download messages and deletes them from server), the messages appear to get deleted from my phone as well.

For various reasons, this is a problem. I may not have time to deal with a particular message while my laptop is connected (or I may forget it is connected) and when I have time, I only have access to my phone... but it no longer has the message on it.

To be clear, when my laptop downloads the messages and deletes them from my POP3 account, the messages also are being deleted from MailDroid. I assume it has something to do with the way MailDroid is doing its mail sync?

I hope I have explained what I'm looking for. It appears as though this rewrite of MailDroid may do what I need, but I'm having problems getting it configured.

Thanks for such a great app!

*** End quote ***

Do you have any idea when/if you might be able to address this? It is really reducing the utility of the program. FWIW, it appears that this is a pretty basic function since it has been a part of Netscape/Mozilla since before the Thunderbird days.

Hmmm, MailDroid does have the ability to actually download the emails to the local phone rather than just accessing them on the server, right? I just don't understand why the the emails keep getting deleted on the phone by MailDroid.

I'm SO confused... :)

Scott

Coltsfan74

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted in the maildroid vs. K9 forum:

First off - Terrific app. I have tried several email apps since I picked up my Droid and Maildroid is the best by far.

I have a question about the auto suggest for the email address while composing. Is there any way to clear that? I am pulling in address from any email sent to me and I only need them from my contacts. Having the ability to clear once in awhile would be great.

Thanks again for the great app.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@maildroiddev - Sorry to cross post...

*** Start Partial Cross Post Quote ***

... My laptop is my main email access point and my DroidX is my secondary. I need an option to (download all messages to my phone) and "Leave messages on the server" for my laptop to download them when I have time/access. Because of this, I have a related need to delete the messages from my phone ONLY.

My problem now is that MailDroid 1.41 appears to download the messages (well at least the headers) to my phone, but if my laptop comes in behind and downloads those same messages (the laptop download messages and deletes them from server), the messages appear to get deleted from my phone as well.

For various reasons, this is a problem. I may not have time to deal with a particular message while my laptop is connected (or I may forget it is connected) and when I have time, I only have access to my phone... but it no longer has the message on it.

To be clear, when my laptop downloads the messages and deletes them from my POP3 account, the messages also are being deleted from MailDroid. I assume it has something to do with the way MailDroid is doing its mail sync?

I hope I have explained what I'm looking for. It appears as though this rewrite of MailDroid may do what I need, but I'm having problems getting it configured.

Thanks for such a great app!

*** End quote ***

Do you have any idea when/if you might be able to address this? It is really reducing the utility of the program. FWIW, it appears that this is a pretty basic function since it has been a part of Netscape/Mozilla since before the Thunderbird days.

Hmmm, MailDroid does have the ability to actually download the emails to the local phone rather than just accessing them on the server, right? I just don't understand why the the emails keep getting deleted on the phone by MailDroid.

I'm SO confused... :)

Scott

I understand what you want and it is not there right now. Your assumption is correct in that on the 'sync' I will remove it locally if it is not on the server anymore. The option you want is to control the sync in how it works. I need to think about this as it can get tricky. The simple solution would just be a configurable value of 'sync delete' or have an option to turn off sync and allow the user to run a manual sync. I need to think about this a bit more.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted in the maildroid vs. K9 forum:

First off - Terrific app. I have tried several email apps since I picked up my Droid and Maildroid is the best by far.

I have a question about the auto suggest for the email address while composing. Is there any way to clear that? I am pulling in address from any email sent to me and I only need them from my contacts. Having the ability to clear once in awhile would be great.

Thanks again for the great app.

I replied in the other thread, but yes I'll give a way to do this.

bikehere

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I saw this on news.com - "Exchange ActiveSync, which will let Hotmail users get push e-mail on cell phones and other devices, will become available on Monday." Does that help with any issues people might be having with Hotmail? Is this a better fix than POP3? According to the article, "Hotmail customers have long been looking for IMAP or other enhanced syncing capabilities. Mehta said that ActiveSync offers a more robust option and, when combined with POP access, should give most Hotmail users the syncing capabilities they are looking for."

Just wanted to mention this for the next update :)

Thanks!

edit: Not 100% sure if there is a fee for Active Sync (I think there is)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw this on news.com - "Exchange ActiveSync, which will let Hotmail users get push e-mail on cell phones and other devices, will become available on Monday." Does that help with any issues people might be having with Hotmail? Is this a better fix than POP3? According to the article, "Hotmail customers have long been looking for IMAP or other enhanced syncing capabilities. Mehta said that ActiveSync offers a more robust option and, when combined with POP access, should give most Hotmail users the syncing capabilities they are looking for."

Just wanted to mention this for the next update :)

Thanks!

edit: Not 100% sure if there is a fee for Active Sync (I think there is)

I was wondering the same thing because I was having some issues with hotmail after the last update. All of my emails were showing up as unread, and even if I marked them as read they still said unread when I went back to that inbox. The problem has since fixed itself (I think) and I don't know what I did to fix it.

maildroiddev has mentioned before that active sync requires a very expensive license, so unless the hotmail "version" of it is stripped down and free idk if it will make an appearance here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta