06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 121314
    I've tested almost all these different mail apps. Nothing beat the stock pre-set mail app. (For me that is.)
    01-29-2011 06:47 AM
    I have also tried maildroid through almost 1/2 dozen of it's updates and never found it to be more reliable than the stock email app when handling pop accounts. I have no idea how well it works with exchange because I don't use it.

As for the issues with it not properly deleting mail, that's has been there since day one. It's one of the issues I can't tolerate and won't except on my phone and caused me to give up on maildroid. If the Dev's would fix that one issue I might give it another try. Since I see some still have complaints with the way it deletes, the problem is most likely not fixed.
    01-29-2011 09:35 AM
    Are we talking about IMAP deletions?
    01-29-2011 06:34 PM
    Are we talking about IMAP deletions?
    Yes, it is with IMAP... The deletion issue seems to start happening when the phone changes the internet connection (cell to wi-fi and vice-versa). Doesn't always happen, but seems to be at the most inconvenient times.

I really like the layout and user-interface for maildroid better than the other clients. Little discouraging that this problem has been an ongoing issue.

Les Turner
    Froyo 2.2.1 on a Motorola Droid (non-rooted)
    01-30-2011 07:04 AM
    Maildroid left led nofication on all the time so I deleted it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-30-2011 07:24 AM
    I am looking for an app that will allow for different alerts based on either the account or rules and have found Mail Alert which really isn't doing what I would like. I have several email accounts, including 2 gmail accounts, that I need different alert notifications for. Will Mail Droid support this on the Thunderbolt? Coming from BB I used something called Smart Alerts which worked with SMS and Email but haven't found something that works well since getting my TB.
    03-28-2011 09:48 AM

I don't know if you still monitor this forum, but I have recently started having some problems I REALLY need help with.

Sometime since 1.8 (1.85?) came out, I've been having increasing problems trying to send emails. In fact, I have been unable to send any for the last couple days.

I'm hesitant to uninstall and reinstall because I have emails I easily cannot afford to lose right now and I have three outgoing messages that are stuck in my outbox. Is there an uninstall application only option (leaves the data) so I can reinstall it and go from there (assuming the problem is with a corrupted app)?

Also, I've been having increasing problems with messages not opening because "message no longer on server", even though I have pre-indexing on, POP3 message size to "no limit" and the connection management set to "stay connected". I would think that if the header is in my inbox, the entire message should be also with these settings, but it isn't about 5-10% of the time.

Also, I have unchecked the "sync" deletions options check boxes (if deleted on phone, delete on server; if deleted on server, delete on phone). However, every time I delete a message on my phone, MailDroid appears to go out to the server to see if the messages is on the server, which it usually isn't, and I get a "message no longer on server" warning on the top of the inbox and a couple times, when there is no signal, the message would not delete.

With these sync settings, IMO, MailDroid shouldn't even try to access the server because no state on the server should affect/be affected by what I do on my phone. This only affects battery life.

Oh, an option to edit the POP3/SMTP settings for each account would be very nice in case they were to change would be nice, like in Mozilla Thunderbird (I don't think the settings have in my case as my laptop is working fine). If it already exists, I cannot find it.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love MailDroid, but because I've been occupied for a month or so (I know you're busy too) and these issues have stacked up and I'm just now getting around to reporting them.

I would also have emailed you these also, but I can't get MailDroid to reliably send emails.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

03-28-2011 09:48 AM

Are you monitoring this forum anymore? What is the best way to contact you with issues?

04-09-2011 10:51 PM

Are you monitoring this forum anymore? What is the best way to contact you with issues?

Have you tried the email address listed in the Market? He responed quickly to an issue I had.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
    04-10-2011 12:20 PM
    Prefer to load new messages on demand - not automatically. I set Global Conn. Mgmt to Never check for mail - but does it anyway. Not a problem until this version.

04-25-2011 09:59 PM
    OK need a little help understanding connection rules, forgive me if this has been asked before.
    So if I want to allow my phone to sleep during the night do I just create a connection rule, assign it hours and select the allow let device sleep button? And then once these hours are up the default connection rule takes over and resumes keeping the device awake for quicker push performance?
    I figure I really dont need instant notification when Im asleep and it would also be nice to save a little battery life in the process.
    03-06-2012 11:43 PM
    Its telling me out of space and I am not sure why.

Does anyone know what is the minimum space needed for installation on the phone and on the SD card?

06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 121314