06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I opened the maildroid app yesterday. Upon open, the program crashed generating an error dump. The program asked me if I wanted to email the information to the dev and I chose yes. As soon as I chose yes, I got a force close and when I re-started the program all of my account information was gone. I had to re-add the accounts, but all my messages and preferences were gone. I am using and HTC Evo running the latest Froyo update.

Not sure there is anything to do, but wanted to let you know incase you run into other cases.

-Rich
    10-01-2010 07:54 PM
    I have only used the program 2 days. I am a physician and ex-BB user and was dependent on profile switching. I had my BB programmed so the only notification I would receive at night would be an SMS which 99% of the time would be from my answering service. So I basically can achieve the same result with the option to turn off notifications at night on MailDroid and keep my email notifications silent. However......the font size on MailDroid is a strain on my middle-aged eyes compared to the native mail app.
    10-02-2010 04:20 PM
    Reading this thread and using MailDroid For a couple of days, I just don't get the advantage of it. I like the email's interface that comes with Android devices. So beside the fact that "Dev" is the most responsive person on planet earth, convince me why MailDroid is better....

----------------
    Can someone walk me through setting up my outlook express email address on maildroid? It's asking for ports and etc. Is this something I need to get from man administrator?
    You can email me and I can walk you through it.
    What about Outlook?
    10-02-2010 04:47 PM
    Dont show any error.

I see the yellow attach symbol (clip) and click and NOTHING happens.....

All attachment this occours. Im using IMAP !

Where the option to download ??

EDIT: with pop3 ( gmail ) im be able to download. Only in IMAP its impossible.

Sorry my english.
    Seems something is possibly messed up on my side with the MIME type. Are you able to forward me the email?
    flaviocc2009 likes this.
    10-02-2010 09:01 PM
    Is there a way to delete messages out of the deleted items folder? I have tried selecting all and deleting, but that doesn't work.

I will ususally delete from the phone, but it is set to delete from phone only. If I try to delete by checking the message and delete (while in deleted folder), it says "flagged for deletion" but doesn't actually delete off the device.

I know I can't open the deleted messages after they have been removed from the server, but I just want to clean the headers out of the deleted folder.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a great app.
    This is a bug on my side.
    10-02-2010 09:02 PM
    I opened the maildroid app yesterday. Upon open, the program crashed generating an error dump. The program asked me if I wanted to email the information to the dev and I chose yes. As soon as I chose yes, I got a force close and when I re-started the program all of my account information was gone. I had to re-add the accounts, but all my messages and preferences were gone. I am using and HTC Evo running the latest Froyo update.

Not sure there is anything to do, but wanted to let you know incase you run into other cases.

-Rich
    What version are you on? There was a bug where in a rare instance all accounts might be removed, I fixed it ~1.40 or so. Are you on the latest?
    10-02-2010 09:04 PM
    I have only used the program 2 days. I am a physician and ex-BB user and was dependent on profile switching. I had my BB programmed so the only notification I would receive at night would be an SMS which 99% of the time would be from my answering service. So I basically can achieve the same result with the option to turn off notifications at night on MailDroid and keep my email notifications silent. However......the font size on MailDroid is a strain on my middle-aged eyes compared to the native mail app.
    Working on that request (option to increase font size).
    10-02-2010 09:05 PM
    Reading this thread and using MailDroid For a couple of days, I just don't get the advantage of it. I like the email's interface that comes with Android devices. So beside the fact that "Dev" is the most responsive person on planet earth, convince me why MailDroid is better....

----------------

What about Outlook?
    The stock mail client is great...if it works for you. A major problem is that it does not support IMAP Idle or yahoo over wifi and it does not support many of the features I have added such as auto cc/bcc, rules, alias groups, quick notification channels, sync sent mail, spam folders, connection management, lack of cram-md5 support etc.

But, once again if it works for you and does what you want there is no reason not to use it.

What about outlook? Not sure I understand the question.
    10-02-2010 09:09 PM

What about outlook? Not sure I understand the question.
    As oppose to Outlook Express (per my quotes in my previous post).
    10-02-2010 10:13 PM
    Seems something is possibly messed up on my side with the MIME type. Are you able to forward me the email?
    What mail to send you ?

I will fwd the message ok ?

Just this you need ?
    10-03-2010 12:45 PM
    What version are you on? There was a bug where in a rare instance all accounts might be removed, I fixed it ~1.40 or so. Are you on the latest?
    I am running version 1.47
    10-03-2010 02:37 PM
    What mail to send you ?

I will fwd the message ok ?

Just this you need ?
    Yes to all questions...maildroiddev at gmail
    10-03-2010 04:30 PM
    I am running version 1.47
    Let me look into the bug reports and see what I can find.
    10-03-2010 04:30 PM
    Yes to all questions...maildroiddev at gmail
    Sent !!!

fcastro.

tks Maildroid !
    10-03-2010 07:48 PM
    1. I have my default mailbox sent to combined. The program doesn't consistently open to this mailbox especially when opening from the notification bar.
    2. Horizontal swipe/flick to view very widely formatted graphics is slow and poorly reponsive.
    3. I'm not sure under what circumstances this occurs: I get immediate notifications but sometimes a very long delay before even the header appears. If I open the stock GMail app, the message is already present. I saw where somebody else mentioned that this occurs when they open their combined mailbox and not the dedicated mailbox. I'm not certain if these are the same conditions under which I have this issue.

Do you have a FAQ page available somewhere to help with connection settings? I would like to know how certain connection settings compare to stock Gmail format and whether we can expect reduced or improved notification and/or power consumption compared to the stock app. I think that would help greatly for first time setup in somebody who is experiencing very rapid drain with the stock app or is looking for improved efficiency.
    10-05-2010 01:28 PM
    I'm just over two weeks switched from the HTC and Samsung mail clients to Maildroid. My setup is two IMAP over SSL/TLS accounts per device. Three of the accounts get ~20 emails a day, one gets ~400 emails a day. I've been very happy with a few exceptions.

1) Still having problems with IMAP deciding to stop working regardless of if I leave it default or start polling. I just have to kill Maildroid and re-launch it. This happens most often with the 400 email account as it's also accessed from a desktop. When I do a bunch of email from the desktop or too many operations in Maildroid, it gets lost and a kill/restart typically brings it back to sanity.
    I'm having this problem too with v1.47 using IMAP IDLE with a Fastmail.FM account. My inbox becomes stale and the "Refresh mail" button doesn't work nor does the Delete button actually delete the checked email.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    10-05-2010 02:33 PM
    I've noticed that, no matter which mail program I use (MailDroid or K-9), I have a problem with one of my 5 IMAP accounts. Just one of them. It's unfair to blame either program. However, I'm not sure how to resolve the problem with my main email/folders, or whatever. Any guidance?
    10-05-2010 08:55 PM
    1. I have my default mailbox sent to combined. The program doesn't consistently open to this mailbox especially when opening from the notification bar.
    2. Horizontal swipe/flick to view very widely formatted graphics is slow and poorly reponsive.
    3. I'm not sure under what circumstances this occurs: I get immediate notifications but sometimes a very long delay before even the header appears. If I open the stock GMail app, the message is already present. I saw where somebody else mentioned that this occurs when they open their combined mailbox and not the dedicated mailbox. I'm not certain if these are the same conditions under which I have this issue.

Do you have a FAQ page available somewhere to help with connection settings? I would like to know how certain connection settings compare to stock Gmail format and whether we can expect reduced or improved notification and/or power consumption compared to the stock app. I think that would help greatly for first time setup in somebody who is experiencing very rapid drain with the stock app or is looking for improved efficiency.
    1. Correct, default currently is only set when going from the icon (not notifications). The truth is combined inbox was not supposed to be in the default selection yet, I left it in by mistake (and it is why you see what you see)

2. Known issue

3. This has to do with how I get mails. I download just headers now and body when you click on the message. The gmail app downloads the body as well. The next version will have an option to pre-load and download the body if you want.

4. It's impossible to do as it is per device :-(
    10-05-2010 10:31 PM
    I'm having this problem too with v1.47 using IMAP IDLE with a Fastmail.FM account. My inbox becomes stale and the "Refresh mail" button doesn't work nor does the Delete button actually delete the checked email.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    What device are you on? One of my main test accounts is gmail and it has around 16,000 messages. I often do functions on the desktop and watch it sync and same for doing things on device. I am not seeing this issue.

Remember, just because your server is IMAP, does not mean it supports Idle.
    10-05-2010 10:34 PM
    I've noticed that, no matter which mail program I use (MailDroid or K-9), I have a problem with one of my 5 IMAP accounts. Just one of them. It's unfair to blame either program. However, I'm not sure how to resolve the problem with my main email/folders, or whatever. Any guidance?
    What is the problem you have? Does it not connect or is it something else?
    10-05-2010 10:35 PM
    Dev... I just wanted to follow up with you on the latest version of MailDroid. If you recall you and I had spoke a while back (July/Aug), and you were in the process of adding and updating additional features.

In an effort NOT to complicate matters, I wanted to wait a while for you to work out the ongoing requests and added features of the application. That being said, do you have a list or a website with the latest version of MD and the newly added features that it supports..?

I know some of the requests a month or so ago were... universal inbox, multi-deletes, attachments, etc... and I'm sure you added more along the way...and I just wanted to see where you were at and to give it another try...

Thank you...

Rick
    10-06-2010 12:02 PM
    Dev... I just wanted to follow up with you on the latest version of MailDroid. If you recall you and I had spoke a while back (July/Aug), and you were in the process of adding and updating additional features.

In an effort NOT to complicate matters, I wanted to wait a while for you to work out the ongoing requests and added features of the application. That being said, do you have a list or a website with the latest version of MD and the newly added features that it supports..?

I know some of the requests a month or so ago were... universal inbox, multi-deletes, attachments, etc... and I'm sure you added more along the way...and I just wanted to see where you were at and to give it another try...

Thank you...

Rick
    I know, I really have to put together a basic website. Anyway, here are some of the major features (you can see more by just looking through the release notes which has every release done):

• Select All
    • Combined Inbox (with an option to hide)
    • Default Account
    • Move to Spam
    • Partial IMAP offline support
    • SASL/Cram-MD5 Support
    • Delete from phone only
    • Filter Emails
    • More options for Sleep Mode
    • Unread Mail Count
    • Email Headers stored locally

Above are some of the major things done (there is more, just take a look at the release notes) and dating back to version 1.35 which was released on August 16th.

What features are coming in 1.50? The two major features are:
    1. Full Offline Support
    2. Search

If there is a specific feature you are wondering about, let me know.
    10-06-2010 02:50 PM
    Awesome... I'm downloading it now and will check it out...

Thanks...

Rick
    10-06-2010 05:33 PM
    What device are you on? One of my main test accounts is gmail and it has around 16,000 messages. I often do functions on the desktop and watch it sync and same for doing things on device. I am not seeing this issue.

Remember, just because your server is IMAP, does not mean it supports Idle.
    Captivate is the device I'm using. I should also mention that I usually have two other Outlook clients open on my computers using the same IMAP account.

Here is a link to a Fastmail blog entry where they mention IMAP IDLE:
    New POP/IMAP server version FastMail.FM Weblog
    10-06-2010 06:11 PM
    Captivate is the device I'm using. I should also mention that I usually have two other Outlook clients open on my computers using the same IMAP account.

Here is a link to a Fastmail blog entry where they mention IMAP IDLE:
    New POP/IMAP server version FastMail.FM Weblog
    Interesting. I am going to contact them as I can't be sure what is exactly going on here.
    10-06-2010 07:16 PM
337 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD