06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Interesting. I am going to contact them as I can't be sure what is exactly going on here.
    The fastmail guys are great. They have given me a test account to try and emulate issues. I'll let you know if I find anything.
    gbrown2036 likes this.
    10-07-2010 08:11 AM
    Dev, is there any widget support coming soon? Really hoping for widget support!
    10-07-2010 12:10 PM
    This may already be a known issue but the autocomplete of contacts is quirky. It will only certain email addresses for a single contact. I tried both typing the name and typing the beginning of the email address that I wanted but maildroid doesn't recognize either.
    10-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Dev, is there any widget support coming soon? Really hoping for widget support!
    I'd like to add it now, but I don't think it is as important as search, indexing, cleaner UI, better folder support etc.

I need to balance the feature set to give some of the most important things first. It is coming, just give me a bit more time :-)
    10-07-2010 07:43 PM
    This may already be a known issue but the autocomplete of contacts is quirky. It will only certain email addresses for a single contact. I tried both typing the name and typing the beginning of the email address that I wanted but maildroid doesn't recognize either.
    I'll take a look, but have not heard anything about this being an issue.
    gbrown2036 likes this.
    10-07-2010 07:44 PM
    After stock email was fine all of a sudden I ran into issues with it not pushing mail to the phone and when i sent mail it sat in the outbox. Tried a few "fixes" with no luck and tried k9 but hated it from the start. Was going to factory reset my phone but I heard someone mention Maildroid.

Wow what a great app. Right from the start I liked it. I really wanted close to the stock email because it was simple and I liked using it and Maildroid is the closest ive come.

Add like to add in a fe requests (or fixes if the stuff I ask for is already there)

1. The default notification is linked to the text message sound. I want a text sound but not an email. Can you add a silent option to the the list to select?

2. Contacts. It doesnt seem to bring up my email contacts when I type them in. It brings up some but I dont know where they are coming from. Possibly from past email addrs ive typed in.

3. Can you hook up with launcher pro to get a count number to show up on the dock when an email comes in?

Im sure ill have more as I use it more. But so far thank you for this app.

Id be willing to pay for an add free app as well.
    10-08-2010 03:36 PM
    After stock email was fine all of a sudden I ran into issues with it not pushing mail to the phone and when i sent mail it sat in the outbox. Tried a few "fixes" with no luck and tried k9 but hated it from the start. Was going to factory reset my phone but I heard someone mention Maildroid.

Wow what a great app. Right from the start I liked it. I really wanted close to the stock email because it was simple and I liked using it and Maildroid is the closest ive come.

Add like to add in a fe requests (or fixes if the stuff I ask for is already there)

1. The default notification is linked to the text message sound. I want a text sound but not an email. Can you add a silent option to the the list to select?

2. Contacts. It doesnt seem to bring up my email contacts when I type them in. It brings up some but I dont know where they are coming from. Possibly from past email addrs ive typed in.

3. Can you hook up with launcher pro to get a count number to show up on the dock when an email comes in?

Im sure ill have more as I use it more. But so far thank you for this app.

Id be willing to pay for an add free app as well.
    1. That already exists. You can do this one of two ways. The first is accounts screen --> menu button --> notification channels. You can also go into the preferences from the menu button and scroll down to rules. Under rules you will find a way to set different notifications per account (notification channels are global).

2. Yes, I have a local db. But, I also read from the stock address book. However, if the stock address book is HTC, sometimes this gets a bit quirky. Let me know.

3. I have been asked to do this and it is on my list already.
    10-08-2010 04:49 PM
    1. That already exists. You can do this one of two ways. The first is accounts screen --> menu button --> notification channels. You can also go into the preferences from the menu button and scroll down to rules. Under rules you will find a way to set different notifications per account (notification channels are global).

2. Yes, I have a local db. But, I also read from the stock address book. However, if the stock address book is HTC, sometimes this gets a bit quirky. Let me know.

3. I have been asked to do this and it is on my list already.
    First, thanks for the quick reply...

I set up the rule for the notification but how would I point the address book to my stock addresses? Im using a droid x. It will pull addresses ive typed in but wont pull up addresses ive saved in my contacts. Also I dont use gmail for contacts. Just the droid x address book.

Also I have one more. When I click on an email it starts to load. Anyway to have it preload so there is no loading screen when I open the email. Just a few moments ago I received a "cant read offline message" message when I tired to read mail.
    10-08-2010 05:23 PM
    Any word on when the download and not delete from server option will be coming? I could really use it! At least for my uses, without that option, MailDroid is of limited utility. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott
    10-09-2010 12:05 PM
    There already is an option to not delete from the server.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-09-2010 04:04 PM
    I understand what you want and it is not there right now. Your assumption is correct in that on the 'sync' I will remove it locally if it is not on the server anymore. The option you want is to control the sync in how it works. I need to think about this as it can get tricky. The simple solution would just be a configurable value of 'sync delete' or have an option to turn off sync and allow the user to run a manual sync. I need to think about this a bit more.
    I would love the option to turn off sync as I do not EVER want to sync my phone to my main account.
    10-10-2010 11:40 AM
    Is it possible to have the notification icon cleared by simply opening Maildroid? Right now I have to open it then scroll the inbox before it clears.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    10-10-2010 06:19 PM
    @albokay

Yes, I know that. But as soon as your PC downloads/deletes the message from the server, the message is deleted from the phone. I want to be able to download the message from the server and KEEP it on my phone regardless of what happens later on the server. This also implies that there is an delete from phone only option. Two out of the three don't help me.

Thanks anyway for trying!

Scott
    10-10-2010 10:23 PM
    @albokay

Yes, I know that. But as soon as your PC downloads/deletes the message from the server, the message is deleted from the phone. I want to be able to download the message from the server and KEEP it on my phone regardless of what happens later on the server. This also implies that there is an delete from phone only option. Two out of the three don't help me.

Scott
    The only way to stop this from happening is to fix MailDroid to be able to disable the sync option. This is something that would absolutely thrill me.

Another issue I have is the bulletin board functionality. I would much rather have the option to download the entire message from the server instead just the header. Yeah I know it downloads when you click on it but would rather it download the meesages when they come in rather than have to wait on each mail to load when I click on it. Very inconvenient and antiquated. While I understand why some would want it, it would be nice to be able to choose either.
    10-10-2010 11:37 PM
    I would love the option to turn off sync as I do not EVER want to sync my phone to my main account.
    Double that.
    10-11-2010 08:26 AM
    I am trying to sneak this into the next version.
    10-11-2010 08:44 PM
    @albokay

Scott
    I plan on trying to sneak in an option that says 'don't sync' for pop3.
    10-11-2010 08:45 PM
    The only way to stop this from happening is to fix MailDroid to be able to disable the sync option. This is something that would absolutely thrill me.

Another issue I have is the bulletin board functionality. I would much rather have the option to download the entire message from the server instead just the header. Yeah I know it downloads when you click on it but would rather it download the meesages when they come in rather than have to wait on each mail to load when I click on it. Very inconvenient and antiquated. While I understand why some would want it, it would be nice to be able to choose either.
    Downloading of the body (as an option) is already done for the next version.
    10-11-2010 08:45 PM
    @everyone Been hard to get to the forum ... working on the next version. I hope to roll it out before the end of this week.
    10-11-2010 08:47 PM
    @albokay

Scott
    Ah I see. I didn't know that. Haven't wanted to keep anything on my phone also I have my email set to not delete from server unless I delete it on my desktop program.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-11-2010 10:51 PM
    @everyone

Yes, the next version is coming. Some major features that many of you have asked for as well as a ton of bug fixes. I won't mention all the features yet, but one that I know all if you wanted is an option to download the body of an email when an alert comes in. This feature was finally added and it means full offline support. Also, opening an email will be very fast as no connection is needed to the server.

Still hoping to get a release before the weekend.
    gbrown2036 likes this.
    10-12-2010 09:55 PM
    It appears I can only globally set whether or not to have an audible alert. I have several accounts set in Maildroid only one of which is important enough to have an audible alert. Unfortunately the other accounts get most of the email so a global setting has be checking my mail WAY more often than I really need to. A per account setting would help a lot.
    10-12-2010 10:30 PM
    It appears I can only globally set whether or not to have an audible alert. I have several accounts set in Maildroid only one of which is important enough to have an audible alert. Unfortunately the other accounts get most of the email so a global setting has be checking my mail WAY more often than I really need to. A per account setting would help a lot.
    Have you looked at the rules function? Accounts Screen --> Preferences --> Rules.

This ability has existed for a long time, just a bit hidden.
    10-12-2010 11:44 PM
    So it is. Thanks.
    10-13-2010 09:07 AM
    @everyone

Yes, the next version is coming. Some major features that many of you have asked for as well as a ton of bug fixes. I won't mention all the features yet, but one that I know all if you wanted is an option to download the body of an email when an alert comes in. This feature was finally added and it means full offline support. Also, opening an email will be very fast as no connection is needed to the server.

Still hoping to get a release before the weekend.

I hate to say this but I think I am going back to normal Gmail. I have to use that to get my notifications anyway.

The ads at the bottom are embarrassing. I was at a meeting Monday and sitting next to my boss. I fired up maildroid and at the bottom was a nice ad to find love... I can NOT use this in a business environment!!!

If you do not offer a way to pay for this thing or turn those off I am done... At least until you do. I like the program but that is lame.... Just let me BUY the damn thing already!!!! ii

I also need a rule to notify on a starred gmail message ASAP!!!
    10-13-2010 09:16 AM
337 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD