06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I hate to say this but I think I am going back to normal Gmail. I have to use that to get my notifications anyway.

The ads at the bottom are embarrassing. I was at a meeting Monday and sitting next to my boss. I fired up maildroid and at the bottom was a nice ad to find love... I can NOT use this in a business environment!!!

If you do not offer a way to pay for this thing or turn those off I am done... At least until you do. I like the program but that is lame.... Just let me BUY the damn thing already!!!! ii

I also need a rule to notify on a starred gmail message ASAP!!!
    I feel your pain :-( I contacted the ad company yesterday as some other users complained as well. The paid version is coming, but there are some hurdles to jump (ala taxes and company name...so takes some time). I hope to roll the paid version in November.

What do you mean by a rule on starred messages?
    10-13-2010 10:24 AM
    I feel your pain :-( I contacted the ad company yesterday as some other users complained as well. The paid version is coming, but there are some hurdles to jump (ala taxes and company name...so takes some time). I hope to roll the paid version in November.

What do you mean by a rule on starred messages?
    Thanks for understanding. I can deal with some ads but not those types, especially when I am in an elevator or with my boss and trying to check my mail. ii

I am going to just use gmail when other people are around. I have to keep it because my notifications still do not work in maildroid. Everything is set up correctly in the rule and the only notification I see is the Icon. Vibrate, Light and Sound are not working even though they ARE selected. The rule works because I do see the Icon. So I use the notifications for the gmail app.

What I need is a rule added to allow me to get a notification if a message in my Gmail is starred or marked important. They have a red flag within maildroid.

I have my personal account that I normally do not want notifications for but I do if the message has a star, which I can manage by filters within Gmail.

This will allow me to get notified of important messages but not get notified for all the other stuff. I hope I was more clear, I would think that should be fairly easy to implement and would make life a bit better. ii

Of course this is useless until I get the notifications working 100% ii
    10-13-2010 11:43 AM
    Have you looked at the rules function? Accounts Screen --> Preferences --> Rules.

This ability has existed for a long time, just a bit hidden.
    Not working for me on my stock but rooted Droid 2.2 FRG22D. I have the generic notifications set to sound/vibrate off and icon/LED on. I set a rule for one of the accounts to sound/vibrate/icon/LED on. But not getting vibration or sound even though new messages have come in to that account. Do I need to set the global to all on and have the rule quiet all but the one I want to sound?
    10-13-2010 03:07 PM
    Hey Dev,

I can't wait for the new update to come out as it will fix most of the things I am annoyed with.

Am I the only one with a problem with the delete feature? When I delete a message on my phone, I want it gone now. There is some email I want to disappear immediately from my phone and not just hang around in limbo. Even going to my desktop and deleting it from my computer and server doesn't seem to speed up the deletion process on my phone.

Is this ability coming soon?
    10-13-2010 09:08 PM
    Hi,

any news about the content provider allowing external apps like Pure messenger widget to read the MailDroid emails ?
    10-14-2010 01:40 AM
    I'd like to see an option in the Rules section to look for From, To, and Subject so we can set up specific notification ringtones for specific messages.

Loving the program.. Just updated to Froyo on my Galaxy S and it's working nicely now.
    10-17-2010 05:50 AM
    I just installed Handbase which is a database program I have been using for years on Palm OS and just became available for Android. I just received a *doc file which should have been opened in Quickoffice but instead Maildroid opens Handbase which attempts to open the file with an error message.
    Opens correctly in the Gmail app.
    10-17-2010 09:03 PM
    I am really tired of the fact I can't get the $E%#@ messages to delete from the phone. Yes I got the update. Will be uninstalling if something can't be done about this.
    10-17-2010 10:28 PM
    I am really tired of the fact I can't get the $E%#@ messages to delete from the phone. Yes I got the update. Will be uninstalling if something can't be done about this.
    Not sure what you mean. Did you change a setting? I have no problem deleting on IMAP or POP3. Email me...that way I can troubleshoot.
    10-18-2010 07:44 AM
    @everyone

The new version 1.51 is finally out. Main new features are

1. the ability to preload the body for offline email
    2. full text search (yes, full text)
    3. POP3 does some pre-loading for emails > 10kb
    4. Ability to no sync with server for deletes. This is for all users who have had issues where a pop3 server removed all your messages

Of course other bug fixes and some technical tweaks.
    flaviocc2009 likes this.
    10-18-2010 07:47 AM
    Not sure what you mean. Did you change a setting? I have no problem deleting on IMAP or POP3. Email me...that way I can troubleshoot.
    I have not changed any setting except how often it gets my mail. It has been happening with my pop account since day 1 of my installation. I was hoping it would get fixed with your update but still not deleteing anything. PM sent.
    10-18-2010 11:55 AM
    Have upgraded to 1.51 on Dinc running Froyo. After selecting Pre Load and Index All Messages the progress bar starts and when it appears finish I get UID Validity Check error. Not sure what this means or if I should care.
    10-18-2010 09:03 PM
    maildroiddev,
    Thanks for update!

BTW,
    * Preload KB for POP3
    Hmm, i have no idea how to get this feature works...
    Just looked all over settings, but failed to find a way to manage KB-limit.
    10-19-2010 01:45 AM
    Im still having an issue with maildriod pulling emails from my phone contacts. Its pulling up emails for people I haven't emailed in years. Where do those addresses come from? Im not using gmail or syncing with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-19-2010 10:14 AM
    I didn't see this back in the earlier part of the thread, but do you expect to have Exchange 2010 support working sometime in the future? I'd love to move to a universal mailbox like this but I need 2010 support for my work email.

Thanks!
    10-19-2010 11:56 AM
    Mail !!!!

Tks.

Now with IMAP i see all attachs and download with no trouble !!!!

Tks man !!!
    10-20-2010 05:09 PM
    New user here with IMAP accounts. Using Droid when away from POP3 notebook.

No more brushing delete as I did too often with the stock app - with no way to recover from it.

Read every page here - but not the K9 vs thread. Have feature request - or maybe I missed something.

With stock email app - touching the notification icon opened the designated inbox. Can MailDroid do same? Even with default account chosen - I get the account list when I touch the notification icon - not the inbox. But if I open from my launcher - goes right to inbox.

Will chime back as I get into the app.

Oh.. I imagine this was beaten somewhere else... not thrilled with the launcher/noticiation icons for business use - don't suppose you can have this selectable to something more intuitive/professional.
    10-20-2010 11:14 PM
    After the last update I can't forward email with attachment.
    Tried several times with differend emails, phone off/on etc.

I am using Gmail account with IMAP.
    HTC Desire with 2.2 Android
    10-21-2010 11:23 AM
    I typically have notebook running POP3 client - and Droid on IMAP. As POP3 pulls down email - I have MailDroid delete it on device. When away from notebook - I close the email POP3 client.

Weird happening this morning when I woke up (notebook was off). I get an email on MailDroid - header appears as reponse to an email I sent from notebook last night. I open it - it says downloading - then body is an email I received two days ago - one that the POP3 had already sucked off the server.

So I open the stock Droid email app - also IMAP - and shows the same email - but the body is correct.

Only on one message so far: MailDroid somehow got the wrong body for a header - but stock app did not.

Unsure if our server may have hiccupped -since the wrong body that MailDroid grabbed was from a message (supposedly) deleted from the server two days ago.

Weird ?
    10-21-2010 05:29 PM
    New user here with IMAP accounts. Using Droid when away from POP3 notebook.

No more brushing delete as I did too often with the stock app - with no way to recover from it.

Read every page here - but not the K9 vs thread. Have feature request - or maybe I missed something.

With stock email app - touching the notification icon opened the designated inbox. Can MailDroid do same? Even with default account chosen - I get the account list when I touch the notification icon - not the inbox. But if I open from my launcher - goes right to inbox.

Will chime back as I get into the app.

Oh.. I imagine this was beaten somewhere else... not thrilled with the launcher/noticiation icons for business use - don't suppose you can have this selectable to something more intuitive/professional.
    1. I know I missed that idea for notifications, I have to make sure I add it in.

2. I believe that some apps out there allow you to change the icon. To be honest, this is so low on my list right now :-(
    10-22-2010 02:14 PM
    After the last update I can't forward email with attachment.
    Tried several times with differend emails, phone off/on etc.

I am using Gmail account with IMAP.
    HTC Desire with 2.2 Android
    Get 1.53 in the market. I fixed that bug in the latest version.
    10-22-2010 02:16 PM
    I typically have notebook running POP3 client - and Droid on IMAP. As POP3 pulls down email - I have MailDroid delete it on device. When away from notebook - I close the email POP3 client.

Weird happening this morning when I woke up (notebook was off). I get an email on MailDroid - header appears as reponse to an email I sent from notebook last night. I open it - it says downloading - then body is an email I received two days ago - one that the POP3 had already sucked off the server.

So I open the stock Droid email app - also IMAP - and shows the same email - but the body is correct.

Only on one message so far: MailDroid somehow got the wrong body for a header - but stock app did not.

Unsure if our server may have hiccupped -since the wrong body that MailDroid grabbed was from a message (supposedly) deleted from the server two days ago.

Weird ?
    No idea about this one. UIDs on the server might have got mismatched.
    10-22-2010 02:20 PM
    @everyone 1.53 has been released and includes some bug fixes and also the ability to say how many KB you would like to preload for POP3.
    10-22-2010 02:22 PM
    i get force closes when i try to open an attachmant. samsung epic 4G
    10-23-2010 07:05 PM
    Any chance of having maildriod pull email addresses from my internal droid x contacts and not from wherever it is pulling my email addresses now? It's really the only thing left I really miss. Oh and how bout a choice of notification email icons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-24-2010 02:06 AM
337 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD