06-19-2012 09:42 AM
337 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Instead of having to hit the menu button and picking choose a folder, can you put the folders on top in tabs? I really like that function in the stock email app that came on my epic and miss it on the rest of the email apps...
    10-24-2010 08:31 AM
    Since the last update I have noticed that the screen on my EVO goes dark before the msg opens.

Just an FYI for you to look into.

Doc
    10-24-2010 06:29 PM
    I've downloaded 1.53 and I'm STILL having problems with MailDroid downloading all the emails from my POP3 server. I get a notification and if I try to get it, it often either isn't there or will be there for awhile (if I don't open the message) and when I come back it will be gone. Or if I don't go try to get the email right away it will be gone (I assume after my laptop download/deletes it from the server ever 30 minutes).

I have even tried clearing the databases and cache and re-entering the account information. I have the POP3 size set to unlimited and the Pre-Load and Index set to "Pre-Load and Index all listed messages". I have unchecked both boxes in the Delete Sync Options.

Or sometimes I'll get SOME of the messages but not others. For example. I just sent three test messages to myself. Then closed my laptop email program so they wouldn't be downloaded and removed from the server. Once I received the notification of an email, I downloaded the emails to my laptop. Only one of the three showed up in MailDroid and that was only a header. The body wasn't with it. And, of course, MailDroid told me that it couldn't display the email because it was no longer on the server.

Then another email that came in just after the above mentioned test email DID have the body with it. ARRRGH!

I don't know what else to do. This is SO frustrating. In my book, this is a VERY basic function of any email program and I just cannot seem to get it to work. Sad thing is I like everything else about MailDroid.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Scott
    10-24-2010 11:35 PM
    Any chance of having maildriod pull email addresses from my internal droid x contacts and not from wherever it is pulling my email addresses now? It's really the only thing left I really miss. Oh and how bout a choice of notification email icons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Working on fixing the issue with address books. It works on some devices just not all.
    10-25-2010 05:26 PM
    Instead of having to hit the menu button and picking choose a folder, can you put the folders on top in tabs? I really like that function in the stock email app that came on my epic and miss it on the rest of the email apps...
    It's a nice idea, but I am avoiding playing with the UI until the last possible thing. I feel that it is more important to get all the bugs sorted out and all the features in....also a pay option requires some work (and many people want to see the pay version and can wait on UI).
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Since the last update I have noticed that the screen on my EVO goes dark before the msg opens.

Doc
    Have not heard this from anyone....
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    I've downloaded 1.53 and I'm STILL having problems with MailDroid downloading all the emails from my POP3 server. I get a notification and if I try to get it, it often either isn't there or will be there for awhile (if I don't open the message) and when I come back it will be gone. Or if I don't go try to get the email right away it will be gone (I assume after my laptop download/deletes it from the server ever 30 minutes).

I have even tried clearing the databases and cache and re-entering the account information. I have the POP3 size set to unlimited and the Pre-Load and Index set to "Pre-Load and Index all listed messages". I have unchecked both boxes in the Delete Sync Options.

Or sometimes I'll get SOME of the messages but not others. For example. I just sent three test messages to myself. Then closed my laptop email program so they wouldn't be downloaded and removed from the server. Once I received the notification of an email, I downloaded the emails to my laptop. Only one of the three showed up in MailDroid and that was only a header. The body wasn't with it. And, of course, MailDroid told me that it couldn't display the email because it was no longer on the server.

Then another email that came in just after the above mentioned test email DID have the body with it. ARRRGH!

I don't know what else to do. This is SO frustrating. In my book, this is a VERY basic function of any email program and I just cannot seem to get it to work. Sad thing is I like everything else about MailDroid.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Scott
    This has to be related to your POP3 server. Remember, one of the most frustrating and complex things about a mail client is that their are millions of IMAP and POP3 servers....and all have different settings! So you can imagine how frustrating it also must be for the developer who needs to solve these issues. I am more than willing to help you offline, shoot me an email and we can discuss further.
    10-25-2010 05:31 PM
    Quick question, maildroiddev. I tried setting up MS Exchange email account with MailDroid but to no avail. Yet, using the stock email program that came with my phone, I had no problem setting it up. What gives?
    10-25-2010 07:29 PM
    What ~should~ be the address selection behavior? On my Vibrant it starts filling in from all previously received addresses and anything in the address book. On my G2 is just uses the address book. -Pk
    10-25-2010 10:12 PM
    It would be nice if it pulled from the address book or at least have a button to open the address book and select one there. The prefill lost is pulling email addresses I haven't used in years and never were entered on my phone.

10-25-2010 11:55 PM

Doc
    Same here to me.

Previous version until 1.5 run more smooth.....dont no why !!!

tks.
    10-26-2010 05:41 AM
    maildroiddev,

I probably like everyone else, have multiple email accounts using MailDroid. Any chance we can set up different sound profiles for each account and also the option of no sounds for certain accounts?

Thanks and this is an awesome program so far.

GynormousMellon
    10-26-2010 10:45 AM
    Ongoing minor bug: Frequently when after I've read mail on my PC and go back to my Droid, MailDroid will show that one or more accounts have new messages by the '*' in the account list but there is no unread message count and no new messages in the account.
    10-26-2010 11:06 AM
    Same here to me.

Previous version until 1.5 run more smooth.....dont no why !!!

tks.
    I'm having issues with the dark screen after this latest update too. I usually end up having to kill the process using Advanced Task Killer.
    10-26-2010 12:03 PM
    I also have occasional problems with the dark screen. If I wait long enough it eventually redraws the screen and everything is OK. It happens sporadically and after different actions so I can't reproduce on command.
    10-26-2010 01:20 PM
    I am a HARDCORE blackberry guy and run an online business through my blackberry. I got a Captivate for my mom and loveee the phone, but the emails are way delayed.

I am ready to switch over to a Droid, and I want to stay with AT&T for the family plan, so do these mail apps result in more immediate emails? I don't subscribe to AT&T's enterprise data plan, but all of my emails from about 7 email addresses varying from aol and gmail, to my business emails come to my phone immediately.

If I can get this to happen with a Droid phone on AT&T, I'm switching. Can anybody comment if this happens with these 3rd party apps? Thanks.

I agree with above recommendation for different tones for different email accounts... this is very important.
    10-26-2010 01:47 PM
    I am a HARDCORE blackberry guy and run an online business through my blackberry. I got a Captivate for my mom and loveee the phone, but the emails are way delayed.

I am ready to switch over to a Droid, and I want to stay with AT&T for the family plan, so do these mail apps result in more immediate emails? I don't subscribe to AT&T's enterprise data plan, but all of my emails from about 7 email addresses varying from aol and gmail, to my business emails come to my phone immediately.

If I can get this to happen with a Droid phone on AT&T, I'm switching. Can anybody comment if this happens with these 3rd party apps? Thanks.

I agree with above recommendation for different tones for different email accounts... this is very important.
    I love my droid x but if you need great email then stick with bb.

10-26-2010 07:01 PM
    I love my droid x but if you need great email then stick with bb.
    So far...

Scott
    10-26-2010 07:17 PM
    I have had a BB since the very beginning and still haven't found a device or mobile client that matches the email support. The closest I've come on Android is Maildroid. And the WORST email experience I've had on Android is the default TouchWiz email client on the Galaxy devices.

I was able to improve so many other aspects of my business and networking w/ Android that the email drop-off has slowly stopped bothering me. And using IMAP Maildroid was every bit as fast as both BIS and BES based email accounts on my BB. Cheers, -Pk
    10-26-2010 08:00 PM
    I also have occasional problems with the dark screen. If I wait long enough it eventually redraws the screen and everything is OK. It happens sporadically and after different actions so I can't reproduce on command.
    Yesterday. All entire day work out of office and use 3G. Maildroid forces close everytime.

Dark screen everytime. And one time i have one message says something about java (dont rememeber).

In home with wifi same thing.

Uninstall, cache clear, and install again.....lets see today what happen.

But, take a look mail, the previous version its much more light and smooth.

Its possible to download previous APKs ? if yes, where ?

sorry about my english.
    10-27-2010 05:43 AM
    Some things that need to be fixed:

*) Imbedded attachments still don't work. They are now recognized, but selecting them does nothing
    *) Need some kind of byte count when downloading attachments
    *) If the phone is in use, don't vibrate or audible alert, very annoying
    *) New mail alert should not alert if mail has already been read elsewhere
    *) New mail alert needs to be cleared if new mail is read elsewhere
    *) Last couple of releases, and this last one, 1.53 is the worst, does not communicate to the server well at times. Odd errors like "can not open folder that is already closed" "error opening folder" and other odd errors. Usually refreshing mail clears it up, but not always.
    10-27-2010 10:46 PM
    Some things that need to be fixed:

*) Last couple of releases, and this last one, 1.53 is the worst, does not communicate to the server well at times. Odd errors like "can not open folder that is already closed" "error opening folder" and other odd errors. Usually refreshing mail clears it up, but not always.

Unfortunately I have to agree.

It is impossible to use the application with 3G

Where its possible to download previous version ??? Please !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mail....:o
    10-28-2010 06:10 AM
    bump
    Quick question, maildroiddev. I tried setting up MS Exchange email account with MailDroid but to no avail. Yet, using the stock email program that came with my phone, I had no problem setting it up. What gives?
    10-28-2010 06:47 AM
    Google licensed Exchange Active Sync for their stock email program. EAS is Microsoft's supported method of communicating with an Exchange server; it gets as close to how Outlook does it as possible (at least, that's my understanding).

MailDroid uses WebDAV (Web Based Distributed Authoring and Versioning). It's possible that:
    • Your Exchange server doesn't actually support DAV
    • I've seen posts/threads that hint that DAV configuration can be much like voodoo and you just haven't hit the right combination of settings
    • I get the feeling that EAS config can be somewhat automated, while DAV might require some tidbit of knowledge about the Exchange server in question

It's one reason why I haven't moved off of the stock program for my Exchange server, and why other programs (like Touchdown) cost money - because Microsoft charges licensing fees for EAS.

Nothing against MailDroid or K-9 - they're giving away programs that aren't necessarily the simplest things to write. The only thing they're losing is time (for the most part). If they had to license EAS, they'd be losing money, too. And while WebDAV would seem to be a viable free alternative method of Exchange integration, I get the impression that it doesn't always work as desired.
    10-28-2010 07:02 AM
    Thank ericdives!
    Our TI guy couldn't get Exchange server to work either, so I think your point ("...Exchange server doesn't actually support DAV") is the key here. I am definitely keeping the stock program for my Exchange server!
    10-28-2010 07:20 AM
337 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD