DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response.

This is curious though, does HTC or Google, or someone pay this fee for the stock email application to access it? I have read reports of some users successfully setting up the activesync service on android, I believe using the stock email app.

Either way, I will wait and see what happens. It seems you are on top of it, so I'll sit tight for now.

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
This is curious though, does HTC or Google, or someone pay this fee for the stock email application to access it? I have read reports of some users successfully setting up the activesync service on android, I believe using the stock email app.

The stock mail client doesn't support activesync but it's not unlikely that a specific carrier would license it for use on their plans and network. Verizon does something like that for some phones and data plans. -Pk

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response.

Either way, I will wait and see what happens. It seems you are on top of it, so I'll sit tight for now.

Google does, there is an article on it here. I assume HTC has one as well.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The stock mail client doesn't support activesync but it's not unlikely that a specific carrier would license it for use on their plans and network. Verizon does something like that for some phones and data plans. -Pk

Right! But with the new license that Google got, they may build it in...unknown.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Couple of things I've noticed with 1.41beta that I'm finally getting around to posting:

- You now sort the folder list that's returned from the server which is much appreciated. Can you make the sort case insensitive? As it is all my folders that start with an uppercase letter come before the ones that don't. Not the way my mind works ;^)

- When I start maildroid and get the list of accounts sometimes an account has a '*' meaning new messages but no number after the account name showing how many unread messages. Going into the account verifies there are no new messages.

- Going into an account sometimes shows messages that I've previously read and deleted on my PC using Thunderbird. Refreshing at this time always make the deleted messages go away. AFAIK this is only with IMAP accounts as my POP accounts are very low volume.

aubiker

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten my hotmail account set up through activesync using the stock email app. However, it doesn't support HTML. I've been looking for a replacement email app that would support HTML. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things I've noticed with 1.41beta that I'm finally getting around to posting:

- You now sort the folder list that's returned from the server which is much appreciated. Can you make the sort case insensitive? As it is all my folders that start with an uppercase letter come before the ones that don't. Not the way my mind works ;^)

- When I start maildroid and get the list of accounts sometimes an account has a '*' meaning new messages but no number after the account name showing how many unread messages. Going into the account verifies there are no new messages.

- Going into an account sometimes shows messages that I've previously read and deleted on my PC using Thunderbird. Refreshing at this time always make the deleted messages go away. AFAIK this is only with IMAP accounts as my POP accounts are very low volume.

1. I'll see what I an do

2. This usually means that the number sync'd with the mail server to say no new messages, but the * was not turned off. I know about this issue

3. The reason for this is a change in how I keep things sync'd (I explained it in detail a few posts ago). In short, read/unread are not 'pushed' so they synchronize on connection to your server...there might be a slight delay. However, deletes are pushed right away. If you have a problem with delete, the only thing can be was that your phone was in sleep mode or no network connection.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
3. The reason for this is a change in how I keep things sync'd (I explained it in detail a few posts ago). In short, read/unread are not 'pushed' so they synchronize on connection to your server...there might be a slight delay. However, deletes are pushed right away. If you have a problem with delete, the only thing can be was that your phone was in sleep mode or no network connection.

I saw your earlier posts but wasn't able to fully comprehend. :(

As a general rule when I'm at my PC at home the phone is plugged in and always awake (unless I manually turn it off for some reason). It also automatically connects to my home wifi so it should always have a network connection. I leave it plugged in and off while sleeping. In general it should be awake and network connected the whole time I'm using my PC so I think all the deletes should have been synced well before I went to bed.

I have several IMAP accounts on the same server. When this happens I think it only happens to one or two of the accounts and not always the same ones.

I'll have to pay more attention over the next couple of days and see if I can further define when it happens.

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. Sorry if this matter is already dead (searching for ads or ad is too short and I didn't see anything immediately via google targets search).

Is an ad-free version being considered? I'd happily purchase this app based on it's current state and the obvious attention it receives.

Normally I don't mind some ads in a free app, but email is something I use too often to want to see the ads all the time.

Thanks in advance.

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Is an ad-free version being considered? I'd happily purchase this app based on it's current state and the obvious attention it receives.

The developer's stated position is that when the app is ready to come out of beta an ad-free version will also be offered. It's a common request.

In the interim I suggest you test the bejebus out of it, report bugs, and help inch it toward production quality. ;)

Cheers, -Pk

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The developer's stated position is that when the app is ready to come out of beta an ad-free version will also be offered. It's a common request.

In the interim I suggest you test the bejebus out of it, report bugs, and help inch it toward production quality. ;)

Cheers, -Pk

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Much appreciated. I'll be sure to report any bugs I encounter.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Results from yesterday: Three of my four IMAP accounts had mail in them this morning that I had deleted in Thunderbird last night. Refreshing the accounts made all those messages go away except for one which is still there several hours after the refresh.

I plugged the phone in when I got home yesterday and the phone was on until I went to bed. Several hours went by between reading/deleting in Thunderbird and when I turned it off at bed time. I turned the phone on/off several times this morning before finally opening Maildroid.

One other thing I've noticed is that sometimes i can take as long as 8-10 seconds before the account list shows up.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Results from yesterday: Three of my four IMAP accounts had mail in them this morning that I had deleted in Thunderbird last night. Refreshing the accounts made all those messages go away except for one which is still there several hours after the refresh.

I plugged the phone in when I got home yesterday and the phone was on until I went to bed. Several hours went by between reading/deleting in Thunderbird and when I turned it off at bed time. I turned the phone on/off several times this morning before finally opening Maildroid.

One other thing I've noticed is that sometimes i can take as long as 8-10 seconds before the account list shows up.

It looks like the sync is a bit slow for some of your IMAP servers. Are all your IMAP servers Idle supported?

If the account list takes some time to load, you should compact the database.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
It looks like the sync is a bit slow for some of your IMAP servers. Are all your IMAP servers Idle supported?

If the account list takes some time to load, you should compact the database.

I've got 4 IMAP accounts, all at e-rice.net. Not sure how I would know about Idle. Just to fill things out I also have one hotmail account, one POP from my ISP and two yahoo accounts. All but the e-rice account are very low usage. Gmail account I use the Gmail app.

I've compacted the database and will see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae