maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
that is correct..

1. Your device talks to your mail server for mail
2. MailDroid requests an ad from our ad company and then displays it if it gets something returned.
3. If you get an error (application error or Force Close) you have the option to send the details of an error to our mail server. This contains the stacktrace or the error and allows to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

So 2 servers always and one server as optional.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
1. Your device talks to your mail server for mail
2. MailDroid requests an ad from our ad company and then displays it if it gets something returned.
3. If you get an error (application error or Force Close) you have the option to send the details of an error to our mail server. This contains the stacktrace or the error and allows to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

So 2 servers always and one server as optional.

OK thanks a bunch..

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I found a bug today. I selected 2 messages in an IMAP account inbox and moved them to another folder. I then selected another single message that I wanted to move a different folder. When I hit the menu it showed that 3 messages were selected, not 1. I had to use the clear checkboxes option before I could move that single message. After the move I pressed menu again and got the "selected messages" menu and not the "no selected messages" menu.

Summary: the checkboxes aren't cleared after a move. This might make sense if the move actually opened the destination folder.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I found a bug today. I selected 2 messages in an IMAP account inbox and moved them to another folder. I then selected another single message that I wanted to move a different folder. When I hit the menu it showed that 3 messages were selected, not 1. I had to use the clear checkboxes option before I could move that single message. After the move I pressed menu again and got the "selected messages" menu and not the "no selected messages" menu.

Summary: the checkboxes aren't cleared after a move. This might make sense if the move actually opened the destination folder.

Yup, know about this one already, thanks :)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@all Yahoo Users of MailDroid

Yahoo has been having mail server issues all week. The error thrown is either 'store closed', 'no login method found', or some other cryptic message. This has happened to over two dozen people and the solution was to wait an hour or so or modify the settings:

1. Email/Password
2. Click Manual
3. Click IMAP
(don't change username/password on this screen, just settings below)

Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com, port 993, click the ssl box
Outgoing: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com, port 587, don't click the ssl box

If you already have an account and did not remove it, long-press the account name to get the menu to edit settings and make sure the settings match above.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

Yes, yahoo changed their IMAP servers again :) After some digging, I figured it out. I released 1.43 today, so go grab it if you have been having issues with Yahoo.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

Yes, yahoo changed their IMAP servers again :) After some digging, I figured it out. I released 1.43 today, so go grab it if you have been having issues with Yahoo.

I have an @att.net Yahoo! account......and the "auto" set-up feature does not work.

Can you please post the proper IMAP settings for att.net accounts. Many thanks.

Last edited:

flaviocc2009

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Maildroid,

I have a question:

If I read the message on the PC (gmail or other), but not delete, when I open maildroid he tells me I have new message. He does not consider it as already read?

Thanks!

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
What can we do to provide better information for Maildroiddev to debug connection and other problems? Snip logs? Is there a debug version/flag?

My use against Cyrus and Dovecot still have regular connection issues after the first dozen or so emails. And by a hundred emails I have to kill and restart Maildroid to keep it usable.

Still loving Maildroid, Cheers, -Pk

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One of the updates stopped my audible/visual notifications. I used to get the vibrate, icon, light and beep. I now only get the icon and the settings, or rule, has them all selected for the proper act, is on the top and is not being superseded by another rule.

I cannot get the led to flash or the beep to sound. Vibrate does not work either. Ideas?
Is this because of Froyo? I cannot remember if this started after I updated to that but it could have been.

I have no utilities set to turn these off and my Evo beeps and flashes for other things.

Added: I re-installed K-9 to get my notifications back, they work (generated from K-9) when that is set up.

Last edited:

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just asking...

maildroiddev:

I've been singing your praises and have converted many android friends over to maildroid.

As a former BlackBerry guy - one question (and forgive my lack of programming): How tough is it to add in a spell check aspect to a mail program?

I'm amazed that there isn't one with any of the email apps available. I know - predictive text, proofread, etc. But for a work tool, it'd sure be nice to have a spell check feature.

Is that a possibility?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
What can we do to provide better information for Maildroiddev to debug connection and other problems? Snip logs? Is there a debug version/flag?

My use against Cyrus and Dovecot still have regular connection issues after the first dozen or so emails. And by a hundred emails I have to kill and restart Maildroid to keep it usable.

Still loving Maildroid, Cheers, -Pk

Should be fixed in the next version :)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
One of the updates stopped my audible/visual notifications. I used to get the vibrate, icon, light and beep. I now only get the icon and the settings, or rule, has them all selected for the proper act, is on the top and is not being superseded by another rule.

I cannot get the led to flash or the beep to sound. Vibrate does not work either. Ideas?
Is this because of Froyo? I cannot remember if this started after I updated to that but it could have been.

I have no utilities set to turn these off and my Evo beeps and flashes for other things.

Added: I re-installed K-9 to get my notifications back, they work (generated from K-9) when that is set up.

Hard to say, I just tried with Froyo and set a few accounts to different colors as well as vibrate/sound options and it worked. Having said that, the Evo could have changed something internally. Shoot me over an email or pm if you want to try an older version or we can troubleshoot further.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
maildroiddev:

I've been singing your praises and have converted many android friends over to maildroid.

As a former BlackBerry guy - one question (and forgive my lack of programming): How tough is it to add in a spell check aspect to a mail program?

I'm amazed that there isn't one with any of the email apps available. I know - predictive text, proofread, etc. But for a work tool, it'd sure be nice to have a spell check feature.

Is that a possibility?

Thanks for the praise :) Most people have just avoided it because of predictive text. It should be doable, but I have not really thought through it that much.

cleopete

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a minor problem, which probably has more to do with Android than Maildroid, but maybe you'll have an idea what I could do. When I try to download an attachment to my SD card, I am prompted to choose a dl location. As soon as I do, it bounces back to Maildroid with this error: "Process was killed in the background. The message view will be closed." The attachment does not download I thought it might be Autokill at work, so I uninstalled and rebooted the phone. Still get the message. There are no other task killers installed. I have a Droid X, rooted- 2.1 ('cause I wasn't paying attention when the leak came out).

I love this app, and as many others have said, I would be happy to kick down a few bucks to ditch the ads. MD was the final impetus to get me to switch all three of my accounts to IMAP. I look forward to the unified inbox. I really never had an opinion on the icon one way or another, it certainly doesn't disturb me the way some posters seem to be.

Nice work.

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the praise :) Most people have just avoided it because of predictive text. It should be doable, but I have not really thought through it that much.

From my circle of android users (attorneys and other business types), the addition of a spell check before sending option would be a HUGE plus - and one I'm sure would sell a paid version like hotcakes, as it would be unique on the market.

Just planting the seed. Hope it grows. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze