gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm just over two weeks switched from the HTC and Samsung mail clients to Maildroid. My setup is two IMAP over SSL/TLS accounts per device. Three of the accounts get ~20 emails a day, one gets ~400 emails a day. I've been very happy with a few exceptions.

1) Still having problems with IMAP deciding to stop working regardless of if I leave it default or start polling. I just have to kill Maildroid and re-launch it. This happens most often with the 400 email account as it's also accessed from a desktop. When I do a bunch of email from the desktop or too many operations in Maildroid, it gets lost and a kill/restart typically brings it back to sanity.

I'm having this problem too with v1.47 using IMAP IDLE with a Fastmail.FM account. My inbox becomes stale and the "Refresh mail" button doesn't work nor does the Delete button actually delete the checked email.
Thanks,
Greg

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Mail crash

I've noticed that, no matter which mail program I use (MailDroid or K-9), I have a problem with one of my 5 IMAP accounts. Just one of them. It's unfair to blame either program. However, I'm not sure how to resolve the problem with my main email/folders, or whatever. Any guidance?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
1. I have my default mailbox sent to combined. The program doesn't consistently open to this mailbox especially when opening from the notification bar.
2. Horizontal swipe/flick to view very widely formatted graphics is slow and poorly reponsive.
3. I'm not sure under what circumstances this occurs: I get immediate notifications but sometimes a very long delay before even the header appears. If I open the stock GMail app, the message is already present. I saw where somebody else mentioned that this occurs when they open their combined mailbox and not the dedicated mailbox. I'm not certain if these are the same conditions under which I have this issue.

Do you have a FAQ page available somewhere to help with connection settings? I would like to know how certain connection settings compare to stock Gmail format and whether we can expect reduced or improved notification and/or power consumption compared to the stock app. I think that would help greatly for first time setup in somebody who is experiencing very rapid drain with the stock app or is looking for improved efficiency.

1. Correct, default currently is only set when going from the icon (not notifications). The truth is combined inbox was not supposed to be in the default selection yet, I left it in by mistake (and it is why you see what you see)

2. Known issue

3. This has to do with how I get mails. I download just headers now and body when you click on the message. The gmail app downloads the body as well. The next version will have an option to pre-load and download the body if you want.

4. It's impossible to do as it is per device :-(

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this problem too with v1.47 using IMAP IDLE with a Fastmail.FM account. My inbox becomes stale and the "Refresh mail" button doesn't work nor does the Delete button actually delete the checked email.
Thanks,
Greg

What device are you on? One of my main test accounts is gmail and it has around 16,000 messages. I often do functions on the desktop and watch it sync and same for doing things on device. I am not seeing this issue.

Remember, just because your server is IMAP, does not mean it supports Idle.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that, no matter which mail program I use (MailDroid or K-9), I have a problem with one of my 5 IMAP accounts. Just one of them. It's unfair to blame either program. However, I'm not sure how to resolve the problem with my main email/folders, or whatever. Any guidance?

What is the problem you have? Does it not connect or is it something else?

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Dev... I just wanted to follow up with you on the latest version of MailDroid. If you recall you and I had spoke a while back (July/Aug), and you were in the process of adding and updating additional features.

In an effort NOT to complicate matters, I wanted to wait a while for you to work out the ongoing requests and added features of the application. That being said, do you have a list or a website with the latest version of MD and the newly added features that it supports..?

I know some of the requests a month or so ago were... universal inbox, multi-deletes, attachments, etc... and I'm sure you added more along the way...and I just wanted to see where you were at and to give it another try...

Thank you...

Rick

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Dev... I just wanted to follow up with you on the latest version of MailDroid. If you recall you and I had spoke a while back (July/Aug), and you were in the process of adding and updating additional features.

In an effort NOT to complicate matters, I wanted to wait a while for you to work out the ongoing requests and added features of the application. That being said, do you have a list or a website with the latest version of MD and the newly added features that it supports..?

I know some of the requests a month or so ago were... universal inbox, multi-deletes, attachments, etc... and I'm sure you added more along the way...and I just wanted to see where you were at and to give it another try...

Thank you...

Rick

I know, I really have to put together a basic website. Anyway, here are some of the major features (you can see more by just looking through the release notes which has every release done):

• Select All
  • Combined Inbox (with an option to hide)
  • Default Account
  • Move to Spam
  • Partial IMAP offline support
  • SASL/Cram-MD5 Support
  • Delete from phone only
  • Filter Emails
  • More options for Sleep Mode
  • Unread Mail Count
  • Email Headers stored locally

Above are some of the major things done (there is more, just take a look at the release notes) and dating back to version 1.35 which was released on August 16th.

What features are coming in 1.50? The two major features are:
  1. Full Offline Support
  2. Search

If there is a specific feature you are wondering about, let me know.

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What device are you on? One of my main test accounts is gmail and it has around 16,000 messages. I often do functions on the desktop and watch it sync and same for doing things on device. I am not seeing this issue.

Remember, just because your server is IMAP, does not mean it supports Idle.

Captivate is the device I'm using. I should also mention that I usually have two other Outlook clients open on my computers using the same IMAP account.

Here is a link to a Fastmail blog entry where they mention IMAP IDLE:
New POP/IMAP server version ? FastMail.FM Weblog

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This may already be a known issue but the autocomplete of contacts is quirky. It will only certain email addresses for a single contact. I tried both typing the name and typing the beginning of the email address that I wanted but maildroid doesn't recognize either.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Dev, is there any widget support coming soon? Really hoping for widget support!

I'd like to add it now, but I don't think it is as important as search, indexing, cleaner UI, better folder support etc.

I need to balance the feature set to give some of the most important things first. It is coming, just give me a bit more time :)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This may already be a known issue but the autocomplete of contacts is quirky. It will only certain email addresses for a single contact. I tried both typing the name and typing the beginning of the email address that I wanted but maildroid doesn't recognize either.

I'll take a look, but have not heard anything about this being an issue.

Reactions: gbrown2036

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
After stock email was fine all of a sudden I ran into issues with it not pushing mail to the phone and when i sent mail it sat in the outbox. Tried a few "fixes" with no luck and tried k9 but hated it from the start. Was going to factory reset my phone but I heard someone mention Maildroid.

Wow what a great app. Right from the start I liked it. I really wanted close to the stock email because it was simple and I liked using it and Maildroid is the closest ive come.

Add like to add in a fe requests (or fixes if the stuff I ask for is already there)

1. The default notification is linked to the text message sound. I want a text sound but not an email. Can you add a silent option to the the list to select?

2. Contacts. It doesnt seem to bring up my email contacts when I type them in. It brings up some but I dont know where they are coming from. Possibly from past email addrs ive typed in.

3. Can you hook up with launcher pro to get a count number to show up on the dock when an email comes in?

Im sure ill have more as I use it more. But so far thank you for this app.

Id be willing to pay for an add free app as well.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
After stock email was fine all of a sudden I ran into issues with it not pushing mail to the phone and when i sent mail it sat in the outbox. Tried a few "fixes" with no luck and tried k9 but hated it from the start. Was going to factory reset my phone but I heard someone mention Maildroid.

Wow what a great app. Right from the start I liked it. I really wanted close to the stock email because it was simple and I liked using it and Maildroid is the closest ive come.

Add like to add in a fe requests (or fixes if the stuff I ask for is already there)

1. The default notification is linked to the text message sound. I want a text sound but not an email. Can you add a silent option to the the list to select?

2. Contacts. It doesnt seem to bring up my email contacts when I type them in. It brings up some but I dont know where they are coming from. Possibly from past email addrs ive typed in.

3. Can you hook up with launcher pro to get a count number to show up on the dock when an email comes in?

Im sure ill have more as I use it more. But so far thank you for this app.

Id be willing to pay for an add free app as well.

1. That already exists. You can do this one of two ways. The first is accounts screen --> menu button --> notification channels. You can also go into the preferences from the menu button and scroll down to rules. Under rules you will find a way to set different notifications per account (notification channels are global).

2. Yes, I have a local db. But, I also read from the stock address book. However, if the stock address book is HTC, sometimes this gets a bit quirky. Let me know.

3. I have been asked to do this and it is on my list already.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
1. That already exists. You can do this one of two ways. The first is accounts screen --> menu button --> notification channels. You can also go into the preferences from the menu button and scroll down to rules. Under rules you will find a way to set different notifications per account (notification channels are global).

2. Yes, I have a local db. But, I also read from the stock address book. However, if the stock address book is HTC, sometimes this gets a bit quirky. Let me know.

3. I have been asked to do this and it is on my list already.

First, thanks for the quick reply...

I set up the rule for the notification but how would I point the address book to my stock addresses? Im using a droid x. It will pull addresses ive typed in but wont pull up addresses ive saved in my contacts. Also I dont use gmail for contacts. Just the droid x address book.

Also I have one more. When I click on an email it starts to load. Anyway to have it preload so there is no loading screen when I open the email. Just a few moments ago I received a "cant read offline message" message when I tired to read mail.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Any word on when the download and not delete from server option will be coming? I could really use it! At least for my uses, without that option, MailDroid is of limited utility. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae