azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
- New version changed the order of accounts in the account list. I originally added the accounts in a specific order with the most important at the top, decreasing importance going down. Now with the alphabetical order that relative importance is gone.

- Can't say I've noticed any difference in loading the account list, message list or individual messages.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
- New version changed the order of accounts in the account list. I originally added the accounts in a specific order with the most important at the top, decreasing importance going down. Now with the alphabetical order that relative importance is gone.

- Can't say I've noticed any difference in loading the account list, message list or individual messages.

1. Correct, this was changed. You can nickname your accounts any way you like alphabetically to get the correct order. This was an internal change I did to improve speed and remove a call.

2. The account list loads 3x as fast due to caching that was added. Message list and individual messages will only load faster if you are setting the preload option (which has been available since version 1.51).

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Any reason some of my sent mail just sits in the outbox and never gets sent? I have a message right now that just will not send. Is there some kind of error log or something I can check as to why?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

michael800

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
How how come I'm not receiving a notification of new email in my notification bar like I used to? I'm getting the email coming to my account, but no sound or indication in the notification bar of new email? I just installed 1.56. Under the Notifications Channels I have Sound and Icon checked. I had been using 1.53 previously which worked, but had other lag issues. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Please give me a detailed explanation on how you tested this. I just ran through a test with 5 different accounts with different sounds for each, as well as different LED. I also assed some to have an icon and some not to have an icon. Some things you need to know:

1. LED won't flash if your screen is on. This is an Android thing and nothing I can do about

2. If the LED flashes green for one account and another account had red and an email came in and you never checked the green account, it won't flash red. It can only flash one color at a time

3. If an email comes at the same time from 2 accounts, it will take the account that came first and use that sound

4. If you turned things off in the Notification Channels, they will over-ride any rules you may have.

5. If you turned off vibration or sound at the device level, that will also over-ride anything in MailDroid

I unit test this for every release, so unless I have a bad test (which is possible), I find this surprising.

Nothing fancy... I tried letting my phone sleep itself after 30 secs and also by hitting the power button. Then I load up another unused emal account in a browser on my PC and send a test.

The notification either works or doesn't, no issue with missing types. I also sent tests while using the device in some fashion to keep it awake.

All 3 accounts work a small percentage of the time, but usually not. When I open maildroid the mail is there... only notifications are failing.

Device/notification channel settings are all enabled.

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
How how come I'm not receiving a notification of new email in my notification bar like I used to? I'm getting the email coming to my account, but no sound or indication in the notification bar of new email? I just installed 1.56. Under the Notifications Channels I have Sound and Icon checked. I had been using 1.53 previously which worked, but had other lag issues. Any suggestions?

Ooooh, maybe it isn't just me, haha.

patrokov

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
MaildDroidDev,

It seems as though all of the android e-mail clients are "Inbox-centric" assuming that e-mail is only sent to Inboxes. But in my case I run my own dovecot IMAP server so, my mail is sorted by the server into the appropriate folders, so only unclassified mail (usually spam) ends up in my Inbox.

1. Is there a way to get maildroid to show the number of unread e-mails in the folder list like K-9? K9 Mail Folder List

2. Is there a way to get it to open into the folder view instead of the Inbox view?

3. Are their plans to make the entire account sync instead of just the Inbox?

4. Are their plans to allow a folder to be ignored (unsubscribed)

5. I turned on the combined inbox feature before I understood what it did. Now it won't let me turn it off. The whole line is grayed.

6. If you like, I have a website you can use for maildroid development announcements.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Any reason some of my sent mail just sits in the outbox and never gets sent? I have a message right now that just will not send. Is there some kind of error log or something I can check as to why?

So I got home and replied to the problem email and I got an error message from one of the email addresses on the reply. So I remove that address from the maildroid message and it sends fine now. So my question is does maildroid have a way to pop up a message if there is a problem with the email being sent?

phillydog#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
1.56 freezing

I installed 1.56 and seemed to be working fine. I tried to set a new notification rule after installing 1.56. Maildroid froze and I kept getting a forced close message on opening or would occasionally get to the message list and would get a freeze. I reinstalled 1.53 (kept the recent databases)via Titanium backup and got a functioning app. I then tried installing 1.56 again with the same results. I'm not inclined to try to reinstall again without a clean wipe and I don't want to have to reset settings for a clean install.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does maildroid have a error report system where it tells you if there is a problem with the email rather than just let the email sit in the outbox?

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Upgraded to 1.56 but I'm not seeing any of the configuration options for the cleaning old data. I'm also not able to save files without OI installed. Did I read that update wrong? Do I have to use one of the other two file manages mentioned if I'm not going to use OI? If we'll always have to use a file manager is Astro an option perhaps? Cheers, -Pk

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
And, not to beat a dead horse (again), but how is the ~address book~ that maildroid stores supposed to work? As of 1.56, I reset everything again, and this is what I see:

1) It does NOT store the addresses of any incoming email or sender or CC anymore like it did a few versions back.

2) It shoes me TWO entries for each address book entry. One with the NAME <email> and one just <email>.

And once I send a new manually entered address that one shows up _three_ times from then on. Once as NAME <email>, once as <email>, and once as <email> but with NAME as some arbitrary field that I never can quite guess where it came from.

What is it supposed to be? -Pk

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Correct, this was changed. You can nickname your accounts any way you like alphabetically to get the correct order. This was an internal change I did to improve speed and remove a call.

2. The account list loads 3x as fast due to caching that was added. Message list and individual messages will only load faster if you are setting the preload option (which has been available since version 1.51).

Well 1.56 has deteriorated to the point that it's now completely unusable. Frequent black screens upon start up that may or may not show the account list after several minutes. I may get to to open an account and then have it freeze while trying to update the list. Sometimes I can open the preferences and then it will black screen or list the preferences but not allow any changes. Frequent timeout/force close/wait dialogs, etc. Reboots and a battery pull haven't helped.

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Well 1.56 has deteriorated to the point that it's now completely unusable. Frequent black screens upon start up that may or may not show the account list after several minutes. I may get to to open an account and then have it freeze while trying to update the list. Sometimes I can open the preferences and then it will black screen or list the preferences but not allow any changes. Frequent timeout/force close/wait dialogs, etc. Reboots and a battery pull haven't helped.

Yes, I'm having the same problem with v1.56 on my Captivate with IMAP email from fastmail.fm. It freezes then force closes before I'm able to change any settings.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Got an error notification this AM when I started Maildroid. Was able to select the choice to mail the log but it froze after that.

flaviocc2009

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
HUmm....read everythig and my decision is not upgrade again.

Still in 1.4....work fine for me. Just have a bug to download attach.

Another thing is when installes 1.5 the 3g was much more consume than 1.4. Its real.

Tks Mail....but i think its better review all that new app 1.5 +

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Yes, I'm having the same problem with v1.56 on my Captivate with IMAP email from fastmail.fm. It freezes then force closes before I'm able to change any settings.

Alright, this convinces me... using the same clean 1.56 installs against the same IMAP accounts. One of the Vibrant, one on a G2. The Vibrant is slow, flaky, FCs, etc. and the G2 is fine. I was reporting all sorts of IMAP problems to the developer while the Vibrant was my primary device. I'm really convinced Samsung did some wonky stuff in the Galaxy series because the number of _on Galaxy this great app is fudged_ complaints continue to rise. -Pk

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there any debug mode I can run this in to help troubleshoot? I have a programming background so I may be able to help.

Also, the help file for the pre-load section in v1.56 mentions something about being able to set it to only pre-load the email bodies when the phone is plugged in. Is this a forthcoming feature? I'd love to have this option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49