eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am trying out maildroid and have a couple of questions.

I have set up an additional identity to send email from and I notice that when I use this identity the sent email is stored on my phone rather than on the Gmail server. Have I missed a setting or is this just how maildroid works?

I like the search function as it can search entire emails. I gather there is no server side search so if I need to search for an email from quite a while back I would have to get to my laptop. Is this correct? The server side search function of the built in Gmail app is one of the main reasons I have stuck with it.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am trying out maildroid and have a couple of questions.

I have set up an additional identity to send email from and I notice that when I use this identity the sent email is stored on my phone rather than on the Gmail server. Have I missed a setting or is this just how maildroid works?

I like the search function as it can search entire emails. I gather there is no server side search so if I need to search for an email from quite a while back I would have to get to my laptop. Is this correct? The server side search function of the built in Gmail app is one of the main reasons I have stuck with it.

1. Nope, that was a missed feature on my side, already brought to my attention and planned for the next release.

2. Yea, I decided against adding it for now. This does not mean I won't add it in a future release.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Nope, that was a missed feature on my side, already brought to my attention and planned for the next release.

2. Yea, I decided against adding it for now. This does not mean I won't add it in a future release.

Thanks for the quick reply. The identity issue is a big problem for me but I am liking maildroid otherwise and will watch for the update.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I now have to kill maildroid most of the time to be able to use the delete options for messages. Both the "X" button within a message and the PRESS select delete will stop working. I had to set my task killer to kill it when my screen goes off and it appears to have done the trick. Something is going on there.

This account is an IMAP gmail account on my rooted captivate. Stock ROM.

Last edited:

LesTurner

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I also am dealing with a couple issues related to MailDroid. I really like the more intuitive interface (compared to K-9). Would like to fully make the switch, but have a couple nagging problems.

1. I also have been experiencing the inability to delete messages unless I kill the application. Rather annoying and time wasting.

2. Could someone that has made the jump to the pro version tell me if it has minimized the impact of MailDroid on battery consumption. Seems like if MailDroid has a waiting message, it drains my battery (too the point of warming up the phone)... Not had this until MailDroid was installed.

I am mostly willing to pay the fee to 'go pro' if the battery consumption issues go away. Given the developers interaction and interest, I assume the little quirky issues will be fixed. The price tag seems a little high, but if the app will ultimately function properly, it would be worth it....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Les ---

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tested almost all these different mail apps. Nothing beat the stock pre-set mail app. (For me that is.)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have also tried maildroid through almost 1/2 dozen of it's updates and never found it to be more reliable than the stock email app when handling pop accounts. I have no idea how well it works with exchange because I don't use it.

As for the issues with it not properly deleting mail, that's has been there since day one. It's one of the issues I can't tolerate and won't except on my phone and caused me to give up on maildroid. If the Dev's would fix that one issue I might give it another try. Since I see some still have complaints with the way it deletes, the problem is most likely not fixed.

LesTurner

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
More details...

Are we talking about IMAP deletions?

Yes, it is with IMAP... The deletion issue seems to start happening when the phone changes the internet connection (cell to wi-fi and vice-versa). Doesn't always happen, but seems to be at the most inconvenient times.

I really like the layout and user-interface for maildroid better than the other clients. Little discouraging that this problem has been an ongoing issue.

Les Turner
Froyo 2.2.1 on a Motorola Droid (non-rooted)

garymorris

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mail Droid Question

I am looking for an app that will allow for different alerts based on either the account or rules and have found Mail Alert which really isn't doing what I would like. I have several email accounts, including 2 gmail accounts, that I need different alert notifications for. Will Mail Droid support this on the Thunderbolt? Coming from BB I used something called Smart Alerts which worked with SMS and Email but haven't found something that works well since getting my TB.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
MailDroidDev,

I don't know if you still monitor this forum, but I have recently started having some problems I REALLY need help with.

Sometime since 1.8 (1.85?) came out, I've been having increasing problems trying to send emails. In fact, I have been unable to send any for the last couple days.

I'm hesitant to uninstall and reinstall because I have emails I easily cannot afford to lose right now and I have three outgoing messages that are stuck in my outbox. Is there an uninstall application only option (leaves the data) so I can reinstall it and go from there (assuming the problem is with a corrupted app)?

Also, I've been having increasing problems with messages not opening because "message no longer on server", even though I have pre-indexing on, POP3 message size to "no limit" and the connection management set to "stay connected". I would think that if the header is in my inbox, the entire message should be also with these settings, but it isn't about 5-10% of the time.

Also, I have unchecked the "sync" deletions options check boxes (if deleted on phone, delete on server; if deleted on server, delete on phone). However, every time I delete a message on my phone, MailDroid appears to go out to the server to see if the messages is on the server, which it usually isn't, and I get a "message no longer on server" warning on the top of the inbox and a couple times, when there is no signal, the message would not delete.

With these sync settings, IMO, MailDroid shouldn't even try to access the server because no state on the server should affect/be affected by what I do on my phone. This only affects battery life.

Oh, an option to edit the POP3/SMTP settings for each account would be very nice in case they were to change would be nice, like in Mozilla Thunderbird (I don't think the settings have in my case as my laptop is working fine). If it already exists, I cannot find it.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love MailDroid, but because I've been occupied for a month or so (I know you're busy too) and these issues have stacked up and I'm just now getting around to reporting them.

I would also have emailed you these also, but I can't get MailDroid to reliably send emails.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Scott

Chipster

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
v192 Pro - Checks for mail even when set to Never

Prefer to load new messages on demand - not automatically. I set Global Conn. Mgmt to Never check for mail - but does it anyway. Not a problem until this version.

Cheers

k5280

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
OK need a little help understanding connection rules, forgive me if this has been asked before.
So if I want to allow my phone to sleep during the night do I just create a connection rule, assign it hours and select the allow let device sleep button? And then once these hours are up the default connection rule takes over and resumes keeping the device awake for quicker push performance?
I figure I really dont need instant notification when Im asleep and it would also be nice to save a little battery life in the process.

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Its telling me out of space and I am not sure why.

Does anyone know what is the minimum space needed for installation on the phone and on the SD card?

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae