Send SMS/MMS over Wifi with my Google Nexus 4?

Twilight Fenrir

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello there.

I've got a Google Nexus 4, running 4.2.... anywho, I have a bit of a problem.

My house has steel siding, and a steel roof... radio signals really don't go in or out of it. And setting my phone in my window is rather hit and miss...

So! How to get around this? I'm trying to figure out if there is an app that will let me send/receive messages with my phone, over my internet connection. Ideally, if it allows me to make phone calls too, that would be the cherry on top... but, I'm mostly worried about texts and picture messages.

Gmail lets me send texts from their desktop site. Which works well on my computer, but is terrible to use on my phone. Most of the apps I've found require the person I'm texting to have the same program installed on their phone... which doesn't do me any good either. I tried looking at GoogleVoice... but I didn't see anything in there that allowed me to 'send' anything.. couldn't really figure out the program...

Is there anything that will suit my needs?

Thanks!

Twilight Fenrir

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I guess that works... I wish I didn't have to use some alternate number though... but, if that's how it works, I guess that's how it works :p

Unless someone has a better suggestion, this will do what I need... So Thank you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc