Ok I am sure that you all are going to tell me I need to be rooted to do this but I figured I would try anyways( still don't understand what I will get by rooting). I saw someone's app drawer where the icons seem to go into oblivion on the bottom and the top like the start of the first star wars movie. Any one know where I can find this? And if someone could hive me a good reason to root it would help me as well. Thanks the people in this forum are the best ever so much help on everything.
    HTC EVO
    08-21-2010 08:07 AM
    You don't need to be rooted, but you do have to be using a different launcher than Sense (ADW or LauncherPro, for example.)
    08-21-2010 08:19 AM
    You don't need to be rooted, but you do have to be using a different launcher than Sense (ADW or LauncherPro, for example.)
    Ok which one is it and what is it called is it in the market?
    08-21-2010 08:38 AM
    I think the one you want is launcherpro thats what its called in the market.
    08-21-2010 09:14 AM
    Yes launcherpro is what u need.
    08-21-2010 09:42 AM
    Yes launcherpro is what u need.
    Just keep in mind that you gain the 3D app drawer, but lose the ability to use Sense widgets. You just have to decide which is more important to you.
    08-21-2010 10:26 AM
    I don't use sense. And it works with blur Widgets or use the ones in the app. And Ger beautiful Widgets for clock and weather
    Just keep in mind that you gain the 3D app drawer, but lose the ability to use Sense widgets. You just have to decide which is more important to you.
    08-21-2010 11:21 AM
    If you purchase Launcherpro plus you'll get custom widgets that are everybit as good as the HTC sense ones. The developer is constantly updating.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    08-21-2010 05:24 PM
    if your using an HTC evo all you have to do is disable sense under "manage applications" and you'll get a stock vanilla 3D android launcher if i'm not mistaken
    08-21-2010 05:35 PM
    N
    if your using an HTC evo all you have to do is disable sense under "manage applications" and you'll get a stock vanilla 3D android launcher if i'm not mistaken
    You have to force close HTC Sense, and clear its defaults. When you hit the Home button, you'll be given a choice of launchers, and you select Launcher Pro (or other 3rd party launcher) as the default.
    08-21-2010 06:23 PM
    I don't use sense. And it works with blur Widgets or use the ones in the app. And Ger beautiful Widgets for clock and weather
    That's nice, but I was addressing the OP, who uses an EVO, so he'd know he'd have to use other widgets.
    08-21-2010 06:27 PM
    That's nice, but I was addressing the OP, who uses an EVO, so he'd know he'd have to use other widgets.
    Thanks guys for all the help I made the switch and have found that I do miss some of the sense widgets. But it is fun to play with for a while and will probably switch back and forth.
    08-22-2010 09:28 AM
    +1 Launcher Pro Plus. Works great.
    08-22-2010 09:50 AM
    Thanks guys for all the help I made the switch and have found that I do miss some of the sense widgets. But it is fun to play with for a while and will probably switch back and forth.
    Yeah thats what I did for a min but it sucks u cant use your sense widgets... I cant go without um for too long..
    08-22-2010 01:38 PM
    The only widget you really lose is the 4g widget from sense if you get Beautiful widgets.
    08-22-2010 02:11 PM
    I think you'll eventually find that you like Launcherpro better than HTC's sense.

I recommend the following apps to completely get away from Sense:

Launcherpro Plus or ADW Launcher
    Switchpro Widget (4g widget and more)
    Beautiful Widgets
    08-22-2010 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD