3D app drawer

cowboyfan723

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am sure that you all are going to tell me I need to be rooted to do this but I figured I would try anyways( still don't understand what I will get by rooting). I saw someone's app drawer where the icons seem to go into oblivion on the bottom and the top like the start of the first star wars movie. Any one know where I can find this? And if someone could hive me a good reason to root it would help me as well. Thanks the people in this forum are the best ever so much help on everything.
HTC EVO

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to be rooted, but you do have to be using a different launcher than Sense (ADW or LauncherPro, for example.)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't use sense. And it works with blur Widgets or use the ones in the app. And Ger beautiful Widgets for clock and weather
Just keep in mind that you gain the 3D app drawer, but lose the ability to use Sense widgets. You just have to decide which is more important to you.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you purchase Launcherpro plus you'll get custom widgets that are everybit as good as the HTC sense ones. The developer is constantly updating.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
if your using an HTC evo all you have to do is disable sense under "manage applications" and you'll get a stock vanilla 3D android launcher if i'm not mistaken

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
N
if your using an HTC evo all you have to do is disable sense under "manage applications" and you'll get a stock vanilla 3D android launcher if i'm not mistaken

You have to force close HTC Sense, and clear its defaults. When you hit the Home button, you'll be given a choice of launchers, and you select Launcher Pro (or other 3rd party launcher) as the default.

cowboyfan723

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
That's nice, but I was addressing the OP, who uses an EVO, so he'd know he'd have to use other widgets.
Thanks guys for all the help I made the switch and have found that I do miss some of the sense widgets. But it is fun to play with for a while and will probably switch back and forth.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for all the help I made the switch and have found that I do miss some of the sense widgets. But it is fun to play with for a while and will probably switch back and forth.

Yeah thats what I did for a min but it sucks u cant use your sense widgets... I cant go without um for too long..

Tpain

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I think you'll eventually find that you like Launcherpro better than HTC's sense.

I recommend the following apps to completely get away from Sense:

Launcherpro Plus or ADW Launcher
Switchpro Widget (4g widget and more)
Beautiful Widgets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs