I am looking for an offline GPS program with all apps etc included. I was going to try NDrive, but I would have to download almost 3GB to the phone. This would be no big deal except for the fact that it keeps dropping or freezing on the download via wifi. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I am looking for something a little bit more advanced then google maps and I do not always have good solid signal were I go.
    08-21-2010 08:35 AM
    I am looking for an offline GPS program with all apps etc included. I was going to try NDrive, but I would have to download almost 3GB to the phone. This would be no big deal except for the fact that it keeps dropping or freezing on the download via wifi. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I am looking for something a little bit more advanced then google maps and I do not always have good solid signal were I go.
    Co-Pilot works pretty decent. It has a computer based downloader / manager etc. It installs about 1-2GB of maps onto your phones SD-Card. Lookup Co-Pilot Live 8. There was one more out there than everyone says is good but I can't think of it now to save my life.

Also Co-Pilot Live 8 is cheaper than NDrive and faster. It's almost a mix of NDrive and Google Navigation. One thing I will point out though, is that the POI's suck on anything but Google Nav. Not sure if it's just my area or what but a lot of things are missing.
    08-21-2010 03:32 PM
    I was looking at NavDroyd as well, but it had the same comments about PQI's. I will check out Co-Pilot! Thank you for the FYI
    08-21-2010 03:39 PM
    Ndrive just flat out didn't work on mine. It said "not enough space available". only app to do that, I have almost nothing on the phone.
    08-21-2010 03:59 PM
    After downloading NDrive, some annoyances were that I experienced with it were the lack of spoken street names or the fact that it didn't seem to say which side the destination was on. Since the free Google Maps software could do this, I think it's reasonable to expect of a supposed v10 software program. It also told me to keep to the left once when even though my turn was on the right.
    08-23-2010 04:21 PM
    Ndrive and Co-Pilot simply don't look as nice as Google Nav to me. Thankfully I'm in a service area just about all the time. I drove cross country a few weeks back and it worked all the way out with the exception of Lake Havasou, where I didn't have data......
    08-23-2010 06:05 PM
    I tried NDrive, but just wasn't happy with it. Google Maps was a lot more accurate (even though you have to be connected to use it). For such a hyped product, I was extremely disappointed.
    08-23-2010 07:18 PM
    I tried NDrive, but just wasn't happy with it. Google Maps was a lot more accurate (even though you have to be connected to use it). For such a hyped product, I was extremely disappointed.
    Two different things if you have cellular data or not.
    NDrive is an offline nav system...e.g., I have prepaid and no data. Google Maps isn't very useful to me

Would love to see someone compare it and Copilot though. I'm used to Tomtom and iGuidance on Windows Mobile phones and the NDrive voice directions are a bit erratic in comparison. iGuidance's voice directions were so good that you could drive around w/o looking at the screen unless you're at a multiway intersection...
    NDrive doesn't tell you which side of the street your destination is on either. Does Copilot?
    08-27-2010 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD