Email 'Reply To'

sfhutchi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
How do you set the 'Reply To' address with either the built in email application (Evo) or the Gmail application? Right now I can't find where to set this and all emails come only my @gmail.com account. Most pc based and also in the web based Gmail interface, you can change this easily.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just posted a thread about this actually. I don't think you can at the moment, unfortunately. Being able to do this and having all my signatures would be really incredible.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
you only need to change it on the PC side (Gmail webmail at Google.com) and it will automatically work on the EVO Gmail Android side.

the EVO Gmail Android side does not have this setting and it's really not needed.

good luck.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Because I have 7 different accounts I manage through Gmail, and some of them I'd like to be able to switch the reply-to address on the fly. It's not a deal breaker or anything. It would just be nice to be able to have that option. Same with the signatures. It would be nice to have the signatures I've set up for each one. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

sfhutchi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
you only need to change it on the PC side (Gmail webmail at Google.com) and it will automatically work on the EVO Gmail Android side.

the EVO Gmail Android side does not have this setting and it's really not needed.

good luck.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me... or I did it wrong. On my XXXX@gmail.com account, I have another email address selected as my default. This is not reflected when using the Gmail app on the Android or using the Android/HTC email app.

What specifically did you set to make this work? Are there any other email applications that handle this properly? This is a significant oversight on behalf of the developers of these programs.

sfhutchi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
on PC------->Gmail-->Settings----->Accounts and Import---->Send Mail As: notgmail@xyz.com

on Android Device - use the Gmail App

Thanks. Looks like this will work for a start. Hopefully the developers will improve this limitation to allow selection of all other email addresses...

I appreciate you taking the time to send this info.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. so this works now for you? what settings were you using differently in your initial attempt to do this? just curious.

2. also - what do you mean by - "allow selection of all other email addresses."?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC