Tasker - Let's Contribute Profiles

totti_07

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys I need some help with Tasker. I am pretty new to it and this is really bugging me.

I've set up a Task called "silent" which I need for when I go to mosque. I can't have it making any noise. The way I set it up is just created a new task and set silent mode to on. This seems to work great silencing everything, although there is one hiccup. If I receive a phone call, it seems to disable itself and the next time someone calls, the phone rings. How do I get it to stay in silent until I manually change it? Please help!!!

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Quick question here, new to Tasker and messing around with it...

I have created a profile that basically sets Wifi On and Mobile Data to off when at home (location based, net, not gps) and of course sets Wifi off and mobile data to on when not within the vicinity of my home.

Two questions...
1. Using location based for defining my home... Does this use a lot of battery? My thinking is that since it does so with "net" and not gps, the battery usage should be minimal... Am I correct here?

2. Setting mobile data to off when on wifi... Will this have any negative effect on my phone? Will MMS and the sort come through anyway? SMS works fine, it seems.

SoCalMario

May 14, 2010
Visit site
DASPOO Dude!! You are badass!!! I have been searching for how to trigger actions based on location and I could never get it to work accurately with the "Location" Context. I was trying to change the wallpaper at work and change it back when I left the location but with the "location" and Net would never work! I didn't know that it works with "State" context!! Good looking out!!!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
2. Setting mobile data to off when on wifi... Will this have any negative effect on my phone? Will MMS and the sort come through anyway? SMS works fine, it seems.

MMS will not come through with mobile data turned off. I don't think it's necessary to turn off mobile data anyway. Your phone will default to WiFi if it's available.

Trwood12

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I need some help with a profile I'm working on. So far I have it so that when I plug in my headphones, my music app will launch. The problem is that i want YouTube to be an exception so that when I open YouTube and then plug in my headphones, the music app will not launch. Is there any way to do this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Trwood12

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Never mind I figured it out. I just made a new profile so that when YouTube is open plus my headphones are plugged in, it will kill my music app and launch YouTube. Probably not the cleanest way to do it but it works well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

retire01022004

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Help please. Unable to have screen turn off when S4 placed in bedside dock. Profile turns down brightness and volumes and activates TuneIn. Works fine except will not recognize command to turn off screen after 10 sec. Checked Developer and dock commands. Any ideas?

ursus kirk

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Since you didn't state what you have tried I'm guessing here what might be wrong with your set up.

First set up a task name it: Meds (or whatever you fancy)
- add action > alert > pop-up
leave the title empty. Text: Please take your meds. If you want you can tweak the way it looks by tapping the black square next to layout
- add action > audio > media volume
Set it way up so you will be alerted even if your phone is on mute
- Add action > alert > say
text: Time to take your meds. Engine: default. Stream: media

back out to save, now go to profiles
create a new profile:
choose time. Make From and To the same time. Being you want to be notified

now backout to save
The list of tasks now automatically pops up, with a small pointer next to the newly created Meds-task. Click it. You now are at the profiles window, where it shows a time, a clock anf a time, an arrow and the task. When you tap the first time-entry the box will fold up to a smaller size.

That should do it.

Keep well, Ursus

Streetrod60

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
hi guys, recently i've just install tasker in my nexus 5. there are several question about it:

I want tasker to automatic turn off radio and either Wifi or Data when my screen off and periodically turn it on every 30 minutes for 1 minutes to check messages and notification. I've done this and create task "Radio Off".

but my problem is when i making a call thorugh Viber/LINE or downloading big data. The tasker will trigger the task "radio off" because when i'm in call, my screen goes off. So i search the internet About this, and find out additional tasker, that when data traffic is above 15 kb the task "radio off" would not be trigerred. here is the partial script :

Wifi Off :

Name: Screen off (Wifi)
1.IF: Wifi on
2.Run Shell: Command: cat sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/rx_bytes ;Store Result In: %CHECKA_WIFI ;Continue Task After Error: yes
3.Variable Set: Name: %CHECKA_WIFI ;to: 0 ;If: %CHECKA_WIFI !set
4.Variable Convert: Name: %CHECKA_WIFI ;Function: Bytes to Kilobytes ;Store Result In: %CHECKA_WIFI
5.Wait: 30 seconds
6.Run Shell: Command: cat sys/class/net/wlan0/statistics/rx_bytes ;Store Result In: %CHECKB_WIFI ;Continue Task After Error: yes
7.Variable Set: Name: %CHECKB_WIFI ;to: 0 ;If: %CHECKB_WIFI !set
8.Variable Convert: Name: %CHECKB_WIFI ;Function: Bytes to Kilobytes ;Store Result In: %CHECKB_WIFI
9.Wait: 2 seconds
10.Variable Set: Name: %DIFF_WIFI ;To: %CHECKB_WIFI-%CHECKA_WIFI ;Do Maths: yes
11.If: %DIFF_WIFI < 15
12.Perform task : Radio Off
13.Stop: Task: Screen off (Wifi)
14.Else:
15.Wait: 2 Minutes
16.Goto: Type Action Number ;Number: 1
17.End if

My question is :

1. Does the task step okay?

2. im on my wifi, When i download the walking dead (the episode, not the game) i go into the game, then i exit the game and do something else, then i put my phone and leave it to the screen off, ten minutes i go back to my phone and open the game, it said "the download stopped due to network problem" seems that my task step number 11 not working? because when i open my phone all of my wifi and radio signal turn off.

and also while i'm in phone (LINE or Viber) with my friends and i check the tasker, the task step number 11 is always green, it means that the traffic when im in phone (LINE or Viber) is always below 15 Kb? i change this 15 kb to 1kb and the task number 11 stays on green. Am i doing it right for the calculation of the traffic?

3. what is the meaning of task step number 3 and 7?

thank you so much guys for your replys.

KINGLIFER

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks like this thread is dead. I wanted a way to turn my speaker on when I am in a call and it is faced down but I cant get it to work and I am so busy I would just pay someone to do it if I can... Jenny I love your tasks... may I PM you?

Thank you guys if you do help.

Jakob Aaes

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
wow almost forgot about this thread xD Soo let's see about your problem shall we?
Just make two conditions: During a call, when orientation is Face-down -> Task: Turn on speakerphone. Something like that, should do the trick.

anon(694145)

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just found this thread. It's pretty cool.

So I've got quite a few profiles and tasks. Here's just a few of them.

1. Silient mode during works hours
2. Sending any received sms's to my Nexus 7 via push bullet
3. Rebooting my phone every second day at 2am to keep it running smooth.
4. When I'm walking and have my phone in the sports armband listening to music, it will announce who's Calling to see whether its worth the hassle of answering.
5. Car mode - pauses music, reads out who the msg is from and what the msg is, sends the sender a msg letting them know I'm driving and will get back to them when I stop driving, lets me know the automatic response has been sent and restarts the music.
6. I'm home! - sets all volume levels to maximum, sync on, display brightness to maximum, unlocks my password protected lock screen, and reads out who msgs are from.
7. I'm home after 6pm - (with the help of autoinput, milight -limitless LEDs and harmony smart hub) does the same as I'm home but it now also turns on the lounge room lights, main bedroom light, lounge room fan\aircon on, TV and amp on, roku 3 and loads netflix. This all happens prior to me walking in the door without touching my phone, it also loads the roku remote for me to use.
8. For selected apps I have a few different profiles, some require full brightness, some require auto rotate and some are cool is expanded mode.
9. When not using music apps or maps if my screen turns off it takes me back to the home screen.
10. Autovoice profiles - toggle any system setting by voice (WiFi, Bluetooth,etc).
11. A warning when I'm near my home WiFi but not connected, in case I've turned WiFi off at home. Also another task that removes the warning when I connect to WiFi.
12. Low battery warning plus battery saving mode.
13. Gestures to turn on the torch.
14. Flick the wrist to open camera.
15. Phone face down to silent mode.

Sorry if there are heaps of mistakes in what I've written, I wrote this on a nexus 7. If anyone wants to know how I've done something please feel free to ask.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Just moved to LG G3. Previously I could set Tasker so that screen timeout was disabled. Sane setting now in Tasker, extending the timeout time does not work with G3. Extending time out in Tasker beyond 15 minutes sets timeout on device to 30 seconds. I've manually set the device to not turn off the screen in the device settings and the use the %DTOUT variable to display the setting, this was 2 million plus seconds. I tried using that value and still no go, ends up with 30 second timeout once again. I'm not rooted. Anyone have suggestions on how to disable the screen timeout on LG G3 using Tasker?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

anon(694145)

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Try setting your phones screen timeout settings to default, Then making a tasker profile, Profile -> Display state -> On and Task Display -> Display Timeout -> Hours -> Max. Save your profile and reset your phone. Sometimes my profiles don't take effect until the next reboot.

Yuval Turgeman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey, so I'm trying to set up Tasker to launch my music app and chance volume levels when i insert my headphones.
I'm pretty sure I set up the profile right (not a very difficult one), but still it's not working, it seems like Tasker wont recognize when I insert my headphones in... (I set headphones type to "Any" and also if i press the play task button everything works fine ><)

Any ideas?

*using a galaxy nexus

anon(694145)

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It's sounds like your task is working fine. It seems the trigger or profile isn't set up right? State -> hardware -> headset plugged -> Any. If that doesn't work try inverting it. I always save and reset the phone after creating profiles.

BruceWeber

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Profile Name: Secure Wifi - Home
Description: Tasker to-do after I've arrived home; This profile automagically disables my pincode lock once I'm home and connected to my wifi network, and resets it once I leave the network. (Wifi connectivity happens through the standard Network capability of Android. Once you log into a network, it remembers it when nearby and tries to connect. So nothing to do in Tasker to bother with regarding that.) NOTE: This profile requires that you have the "Secure Settings" plugin for Tasker installed.
Context: "State"
State Category: "Net"
Phone State: "Wifi Connected" (this was set up while at home and connected to my personal network, obviously)
Normal Task (to unlock the pincode):
- Action Category: "Plugin"
- "Plugin" Action: "Secure Settings"
- Tap "Edit" next to "Configuration"
- Locate/Tap "Password/Pin" under "Dev Admin Actions"
- Check "Device Admin Enabled"
- Tap "Disk" icon on bottom right of screen to save (the screen will then show "Clear Password" under "Configuration")
Exit Task(s) (to re-lock the passcode !!BE CAREFUL AND GET THIS RIGHT - NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PINCODE NOT BEING ENTERED CORRECTLY AND YOU ACCIDENTALLY LOCKING YOUR PHONE!!):
- Action Category: "Plugin"
- "Plugin" Action: "Secure Settings"
- Tap "Edit" next to "Configuration"
- Locate/Tap "Password/Pin" under "Dev Admin Actions"
- Check "Device Admin Enabled"
- Tap the "Disabled" button to change it to "Enabled"; a "Password" text area and "Confirm Password" text area will appear, along with a radio button for "Password" and one for "Pin Code"
- Choose whichever radio button corresponds to how you lock your phone
- Enter and re-enter the password or pin code to set and confirm it
- Tap "Disk" icon on bottom right of screen to save (the screen will then show "Set Pin" [or "Set Password"] under "Configuration")

Great thread.

I have not been able to create a profile that will disable my lock screen pin. I have tried the profile above, as well as some variants I have found on the web. None have worked. My phone is encrypted. Is that why I'm not able to disable the pin?

anon(694145)

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Great thread.

I have not been able to create a profile that will disable my lock screen pin. I have tried the profile above, as well as some variants I have found on the web. None have worked. My phone is encrypted. Is that why I'm not able to disable the pin?

I'm unable to get tasker and secure settings to reliably unlock my device every time. So I use an app called dislock, I know it isn't a tasker solution but it works 100% of the time on all my devices. Also android 5.0 now lets you do this without any additionally apps, if you're running it.

But if you want to continue using tasker, being rooted helped me on the nexus 5. Also adding task - wait and adding secure setting unlock device twice in the same task. Ensure in settings your lockscreen has been set to none as secure settings will now be performing this role for your phone.

NCLisa

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me set up a couple profiles. I have an App that I is for work which sends me a "notification" and I have 5 minutes to reply. The problem is if I am on a call, the phone doesn't make the notification noise, so I miss the reply time frame. Is there anyway to set it up so the notification tone plays while I'm on a call, and maybe make the screen flash or something too? And is it possible to have it play into the bluetooth headset while I'm wearing that, when I am not on a call. Thanks for any help!

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally been able to have Tasker to start the Bluetooth service, connect to my car, open Spotify and then begin playing whatever playlist is open. I generally play my "starred" list anyways, so it works. I did use three plug-ins that made this much simpler than it could have been. There were some examples on the Web, but none worked really well, or didn't begin playing automatically.
The plug-ins were

Bluetooth Auto Connect.. used as a standalone before, and probably not absolutely necessary as my car does connect automatically, most of the time . Still this app has always been more reliable.

Media Utilities.. Made it super easy to play from Spotify.

Autolocation... Used to detect when I am in a vehicle. Critical again. I could have used the AC plugin as the state, but that would require me to plug my phone in every time. I also set it up with a shake gesture to toggle the activity monitoring service.
of course I could have gotten some nfc tags, but what fun would that be?

Attached are the states and setup for each. I am certain there's much more I will want to tweak or add, but it works for now. This is an incredible tool for a phone. I know I would like to add a widget or notification to tell me the monitor state...Maybe another day.

Attachments

• 52805.jpg
    52805.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 19
  • 52804.jpg
    52804.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 52806.jpg
    52806.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 52808.jpg
    52808.jpg