I was reinstalling weather bug and I came across this. Its called "Weather Forecast&Clock Widget". It looks almost exactly like fancy widget before it got pulled. Here the bonus, ITS FREE IN THE MARKET!!! my advice, get it now before HTC issue a cease and desist.
    08-22-2010 08:30 AM
    I have the barcode for fancy widget, it still brings you to the market for download if anyone wants it. Just put it on my wifes droid.
    08-22-2010 08:49 AM
    I don't see it.
    08-22-2010 08:51 AM
    sorry, i wrote the name wrong. check up top again for the name
    08-22-2010 08:55 AM
    Looks nice. Too bad it doesn't include any animation.
    08-22-2010 09:32 AM
    Nice find. Looks identical to fancy widget, just named different!
    08-22-2010 09:43 AM
    here's a link to the widget

Weather Forecast&Clock Widget
    by fagod
    50,000 downloads, 1602 ratings (3.5 avg)
    Free
    08-22-2010 11:08 AM
    It doesn't seem to show what the current weather is. Shows forecast. Like right now it's clear and sonny and it shows thunder storms. Which is forecast for later today.

Now maybe I'm doing something wrong. If so please tell me.
    08-22-2010 12:29 PM
    This thing is a battery hog.
    08-22-2010 01:06 PM
    It might be. I haven't used it because I'm using beautiful Widgets still. But memory/battery hog or not, free is free. In the end you get what you pay for.
    08-22-2010 01:49 PM
    Lol, it looks almost nothing like Fancy Widget. I use Weather and Toggle Widgets.

They give me HTC like animations upon unlocking.
    08-22-2010 02:34 PM
    Buy Beautiful widgets and call it a day.
    08-22-2010 03:19 PM
    I have the barcode for fancy widget, it still brings you to the market for download if anyone wants it. Just put it on my wifes droid.
    I'd love the barcode for the fancy widget.
    08-22-2010 03:47 PM
    Buy Beautiful widgets and call it a day.
    I love beautiful widget too. I also love how often they update it.
    08-22-2010 03:49 PM
    Beautiful widgets is a great app. Though the reason I posted this app is because its free and it's another option for people. Of course beautiful Widgets is going to be better because its a paid app and most paid apps get updated frequently. I'm a firm believer of the idea that you get what you pay for. This is still a decent option for people who a) don't have a credit card and/or B) just want a simple free clock weather widget.
    08-22-2010 06:09 PM
    Beautiful widgets is a great app. Though the reason I posted this app is because its free and it's another option for people. Of course beautiful Widgets is going to be better because its a paid app and most paid apps get updated frequently. I'm a firm believer of the idea that you get what you pay for. This is still a decent option for people who a) don't have a credit card and/or B) just want a simple free clock weather widget.
    Not taking anything away from your post. I appreciate you posting it. I was looking for something that looked like this item while I was running Launcher Pro because Sense widgets don't work with LP.

I installed this widget, it looked good for what it was and then I started noticing a pretty large battery drain so I can't really make use of it. I hope others can though.
    08-22-2010 06:56 PM
    I'd love the barcode for the fancy widget.
    Pm me your email il send the pic of barcode over
    08-22-2010 10:19 PM
    Yeah I use Beautiful Widgets to ,but its not free like this one.But it works better for me then this one also
    08-23-2010 06:25 AM
    wow dont be so cheap, beautiful widgets is like $2 and well worth it, its got good control/settings widgets too.
    08-23-2010 08:36 AM
    wow dont be so cheap, beautiful widgets is like $2 and well worth it, its got good control/settings widgets too.

I don't think its being cheap, your right 2 bucks is nothing but if you can find the same for free its a no braIner. If you just want the look either this or fancy widget is fine
    08-23-2010 09:31 AM
    WF&CW apparently doesn't work over wifi. When at home I always have wifi connected and it doesn't show anything. Turn wifi off and refresh the weather and it's fine. Looks good otherwise but deleted.

I'm having problems with BW/Accuweather not providing even a semi accurate location/temperature for me without using GPS. This results in temperature differences of up to 10 degrees when at home. Weather Channel, WeatherBug and Fancy Widget are always within a degree or two of each other and also close to my personal weather station when at home.

BW/Google weather is much better now that Google weather seems to be working again.
    08-23-2010 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD