I have purchased two PdaNet downloads from junefabrics.com for my two Droid X's. They have always worked fine to tether phone to computer. However, with one on the computer, it won't take the other one. I have read the directions, "In order to have both versions of PdaNet on the computer you will need to make a copy of your current PdaNet directory (under c:\program files), then install the other version."

What does that mean in English for an old man? Please help me step by step in simple English.

Let me know at riceinvt@yahoo.com if you will.

Thanks, riceinvt
    08-22-2010 11:23 AM
    I cant help you with step by step, but I can give you some other advice. I used pdanet for a bit as well. It was pretty good but I took the plunge on rooting my X and have never been happier. It is so ridiculously easy with the 1 click root/unroot, and combined with Barnacle wifi tether app in the market, it cannot be beat. I can tether my laptop, ipod touch, or even my friends iphone 4 when he doesnt have service. Its great!!!!
    08-22-2010 06:05 PM
    Am I able to subscribe to this discussion, so that if someone else comments, I am notified? I am brand new to Android, and want to shorten the learning curve as much as possible.
    08-22-2010 09:37 PM
    And doesn't 2.2 with built in tethering make this irrelevant? Haven't tried it yet, but that seems to be the point.
    08-22-2010 09:55 PM
    And doesn't 2.2 with built in tethering make this irrelevant? Haven't tried it yet, but that seems to be the point.
    If you use the tethering that comes with Froyo 2.2 Verizon is going to charge you $20/month for that use.

PDANET is $20 - ONCE. And its damn easy to use/launch.

Do the math.
    08-23-2010 01:48 AM
    I have PDANet installed on both laptops and yes, it works very well.
    08-23-2010 01:58 AM
    Ah, thanks, wondered about that. Yes, PDAnet is awesome. Used it in Palm land very successfully.
    08-23-2010 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD