[App] Smart Taskbar - Launch any app in 2 steps

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Download from Android Market: Smart Taskbar
or
With QR barcode
qr.png

Smart Taskbar is a - super launcher, task switcher, and also an app organizer that you can quickly call up on any window by swipe the edge of screen or by clicking a transparent trigger icon on screen. In most cases, you can complete app launching in 2 finger clicks (1st swipe, and 2nd click on app icon to launch). Possibly the fastest way to quickly launch or switch between applications.

Smart Taskbar comes with following features
(1) 5 speedy launch spots for 2 steps quick launch
(2) App organizer function built in
(3) Task switch
(4) super speedy launcher
(5) Software home button (To prevent H/W home button from tear and wear)
(6) True multitask experience!

Reason why to use Smart Taskbar:
(1) Free up your home screen for more widgets instead of app shortcuts
(2) A better way to organize app in to groups
(3) Need a faster way to launch your app
(4) Missing the multi tasking in Palm Pre
(5) Don't want to press hardware button too frequently

[Updated to V0.5.0 on Sept 13, 2010]
Added:
Added:
(1) Widget Support
(2) Option to turn off Task label
(3) Option to turn off Widget label

Modified:
(1) Edit App dialog. Removed All App and Task from the list. Display in alphabetical order.

Fixed:
(1) All Quick Launch related FC bugs
(2) DB upgrade from very old version FC bug
(3) Learn how to use dismiss button hidden from screen issue

11.png
8.png

[Updated to V0.4.4 on Sept 06, 2010]
Added:
(1) Wifi power switch
(2) Bluetooth power switch
(3) 3G/APN switch
(4) Flight mode switch

7.png

Modified:
(1) Enhanced the trigger area for icon mode a bit for easier activation.

[Screenshots]
1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

Get Smart Taskbar by searching 'Smart Taskbar' in Android Market.

Last edited:

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Comments:
- 2-click launching only applies if one of the 5 launch spots or is in whatever label you have first. Otherwise swipe, maybe swipe label list, click label, click app. Definitely not "In most cases".

- Need more icon choices for labels. A packed row of androids is not very user friendly.

- Need a better way to show a list of labels. I need more visible than what fits without swiping.

- Don't understand the task switch claim. I don't see how to get a list of the last x number of apps that were run like long-pressing Home.

- I like the concept. It allows me to get all those App Organizer widgets off the home screen.

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Comments:
- 2-click launching only applies if one of the 5 launch spots or is in whatever label you have first. Otherwise swipe, maybe swipe label list, click label, click app. Definitely not "In most cases".

Not needed. I can click the applications icon and do the same thing.

I keep my 10 or so most used apps on my ONE home screen and the rest that I use less frequently, I just click on the list of apps.

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Comments:

- Need more icon choices for labels. A packed row of androids is not very user friendly.

- Need a better way to show a list of labels. I need more visible than what fits without swiping.

- Don't understand the task switch claim. I don't see how to get a list of the last x number of apps that were run like long-pressing Home.

- I like the concept. It allows me to get all those App Organizer widgets off the home screen.

Hi , you should see a default label called task. It shows all running task.

For other request, I already have plan to implement them in later release.

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Not needed. I can click the applications icon and do the same thing.

I keep my 10 or so most used apps on my ONE home screen and the rest that I use less frequently, I just click on the list of apps.

You can free up your main home screen from app shortcuts for more widgets if you find ur home too crowded. In addition, home button sometimes is hard to reach if you have a big screen phone with one handed. So Smart Taskbar also allows u to your phone with 100% touch screen experience.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i use launcherpro plus and take advantage of the feature on there to hide unused apps from my app drawer. will these apps also be hidden in smart taskbar, and if not, do you plan on possibly adding that option?

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
No they will not be hidden in Smart Taskbar. But it is ddfinitely a good feature to add in. But i think i will take different approach to address it for performance concern. I have below options. not sure which u like
(1) Ability to hide all app label and leave alone user to customize their labels.
(2) Allow user to manage app in all app tabs too.

But anyway, I will download launch pro to take a look and see how they do it. Hope it is not a feature only available in paid version.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No they will not be hidden in Smart Taskbar. But it is ddfinitely a good feature to add in. But i think i will take different approach to address it for performance concern. I have below options. not sure which u like
(1) Ability to hide all app label and leave alone user to customize their labels.
(2) Allow user to manage app in all app tabs too.

But anyway, I will download launch pro to take a look and see how they do it. Hope it is not a feature only available in paid version.

you can do it in the free version as well. it is basically similar to the ability to hide apps like you can on blackberry OS

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
[Updated to V0.4.4 on Sept 06, 2010]
Added:
(1) Wifi power switch
(2) Bluetooth power switch
(3) 3G/APN switch
(4) Flight mode switch

7.png

Modified:
(1) Enhanced the trigger area for icon mode a bit for easier activation.

jerryfan2000

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
[Updated to V0.5.0 on Sept 13, 2010]
Added:
Added:
(1) Widget Support
(2) Option to turn off Task label
(3) Option to turn off Widget label

Modified:
(1) Edit App dialog. Removed All App and Task from the list. Display in alphabetical order.

Fixed:
(1) All Quick Launch related FC bugs
(2) DB upgrade from very old version FC bug
(3) Learn how to use dismiss button hidden from screen issue

11.png
8.png

9.png
10.png