Voicemail on Verizon

lbtrice

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a GOOD visual voicemail solution for Verizon users?

I just migrated from an iPhone 5 to a Droid Maxx. I recently moved from iPad to Nexus 7 and really prefer the Android tablet. However, the phone switch is a bit more painful.

Simply things like lack of native visual voicemail are brutal. I was unsuccessful configuring Google Voice and found little solid help for this topic online. Also, it sounds like Hangouts will absorb Voice features in the not too distant future.

Am I stuck with two crappy options?....basis dial in voicemail or Verizon Visual Voicemail???

Can the worthless bloatware apps be removed?

This really shows how much leverage Apple had when Verizon added the iPhone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android and to Android Central! Sorry that you're finding this frustrating. Can you tell us what the problem with Google Voice was? My wife recently started using Google Voice, and found it fairly straightforward to set up--and the transcribed voicemails are reasonably accurate. Here's a pretty good step-by-step guide to using Google Voice (although it was written in 2011, so hopefully things haven't changed that much): How to Use Google Voice on Your iPhone or Android Smartphone | TechHive

Most bloatware can be disabled, which means they're prevented from opening and therefore don't hog any system RAM. You can do this by going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app in question, and tapping Disable if the option is available. Removing bloatware isn't possible unless you root the phone (which is akin to jailbreaking an iPhone).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE