I downloaded and installed (it took forever) MML on my Vista PC. The phone is mounted and recognized. I was unable to register, but it did find my music files after I pointed it to the right folder. However, the program stops working when I try to sync. This has happened three times, and I'm beginning to suspect that the software is of limited value to me. Worse, I discovered that MML is not Win 7 compliant, so I'll be unable to use it when I upgrade until an upgrade comes out "soon."

Is this program worth the trouble? I'm this close to uninstalling it.
    11-21-2009 01:51 PM
    Is this program worth the trouble? I'm this close to uninstalling it.
    I would say, in a nutshell, "no".
    11-21-2009 02:29 PM
    Is is not worth the trouble, but you can install under Windows 7 (I have). Just install using the Vista Service Pack 1 compatability mode.
    11-21-2009 03:34 PM
    it's junk. I've already uninstalled. Doubletwist works better, not great but better
    11-21-2009 10:07 PM
    it's junk. I've already uninstalled. Doubletwist works better, not great but better
    +1 Doubletwist is much more worth the time and [lack thereof] hassle
    11-21-2009 10:10 PM
    I uninstalled it immediately. Drag and drop is easier.
    11-21-2009 11:29 PM
    I uninstalled it immediately. Drag and drop is easier.
    couldn't agree more.

after learning that nero was the company behind the moto software, i really didn't want it.

but i also only keep a very limited amount of music and videos on my phone. that's what my zuneHD is for
    11-22-2009 12:04 AM
    I would rather drag and drop instead of Sync. More control that way. I hated when my BB would pull music that I didn't want on it. Or sync the wrong band because the labes were different. Ex: (I had 2 Panic at the Disco displayed under Artist, because one Artist was Panic! at the Disco...the other Panic at the Disco).
    11-22-2009 01:28 AM
    I uninstalled MML soon after I posted. It wouldn't even let me register it, which is no big deal, but the whole program seemed incredibly bloated given the relatively easy tasks it's supposed to accomplish.

I've used Microsoft Media Player, and that works fine, although less than half of the album art makes the trip and for some reason I can only play songs in some albums in alphabetical order. Would drag and drop solve that problem?
    11-22-2009 07:15 AM
    MML wouldn't even let me install it on my fully up-graded XP. So yeah... I'd say it's garbage

I've tried Double Twist, but being it's still in the beta stage, I still can't get any of my tunes on my Droid.

Does anyone know of any other worth while media managers?
    I was kind of looking for something along the lines of BB's DM.
    11-24-2009 05:06 AM
    Had it installed for only about 5 miniutes. A waste of download time.
    11-24-2009 09:26 AM
    MML wouldn't even let me install it on my fully up-graded XP. So yeah... I'd say it's garbage

I've tried Double Twist, but being it's still in the beta stage, I still can't get any of my tunes on my Droid.

Does anyone know of any other worth while media managers?
    I was kind of looking for something along the lines of BB's DM.
    Since I had iTunes already installed on my PC, I'm using iTunes Agent. This is because that is my podcatcher. Would use Media Player if it had a podcatcher.

iTunes Agent
    11-24-2009 12:32 PM
    When using Double Twist with the Droid for syncing music, if you sync an entire album will the tracks stay in order from track 1 to xx?
    The reason I ask is because on my Storm when I would sync using DM it would always put tacks in order like: 1,10,11,12......2,20,21,22.....3,30,31 etc. Which was utterly frustrating.
    11-24-2009 12:40 PM
    When using Double Twist with the Droid for syncing music, if you sync an entire album will the tracks stay in order from track 1 to xx?
    The reason I ask is because on my Storm when I would sync using DM it would always put tacks in order like: 1,10,11,12......2,20,21,22.....3,30,31 etc. Which was utterly frustrating.
    Don't know about DT, but I used Windows Media Player to sync some music and some list alphabetically and others list in the correct order. I need to try to figure it out over the holiday. I'm planning on trying DT too, so I'll see what I can come up with.
    11-24-2009 01:19 PM
    Don't know about DT, but I used Windows Media Player to sync some music and some list alphabetically and others list in the correct order. I need to try to figure it out over the holiday. I'm planning on trying DT too, so I'll see what I can come up with.
    That's what's up. I think I'll do the same thing and report back on my findings
    11-24-2009 01:31 PM
    Motorola Media Link s great. I have it on Vista. It runs fast, syncs all my itunes music with my droid as well as all my itunes play lists. It syncs fast and no errors at all. This is so much more solid than twisted which locked up and froze my phone about 10 times.

Great program motorola and nero!
    11-25-2009 04:36 PM
    Motorola Media Link s great. I have it on Vista. It runs fast, syncs all my itunes music with my droid as well as all my itunes play lists. It syncs fast and no errors at all. This is so much more solid than twisted which locked up and froze my phone about 10 times.

Great program motorola and nero!
    Glad it works well for someone.

On another note... I was told by a VZW CSR, that some time next month they'll have software out to help with media management for the Moto Droid.

But seeing is believing.:rolleyes:
    11-26-2009 01:39 AM
    Since I had iTunes already installed on my PC, I'm using iTunes Agent. This is because that is my podcatcher. Would use Media Player if it had a podcatcher.

iTunes Agent
    Gave this a shot, and I'm having problems with getting iTunes to recognize my Droid. Other than that... it seems like a good concept.
    11-26-2009 11:43 AM
    I just set the mem card up mounted and added a folder for what I wanted and bypassed the Media Link stuff
    11-28-2009 09:32 AM
    Within 5 minutes of using "Motorola Media Link" my Droid was locked up and my photo gallery was gone. I eventually had to do a hard reset and restore my contacts.
    While using the program to download my phone photos to the computer, the program decided to try to upload my computers entire photo library to the phone. This precipitated the lock-up.
    01-20-2010 11:03 PM
    There's a brand new version of MML out today.. 1.0.25.0 - old one was 1.0.11.0.

WOrks great here (itunes, Win 7 x64, etc)!
    01-21-2010 07:47 PM
    Just swapped over to ATRIX to break free from Apples grip. MME choked terribly, can;t believe in this day and age and all the lessons provided by Apple that Motorola STILL make a software that is useless. Love the phone and feel a strange sense of freedom, but man. Enough flaming my new toy.

Found this like useful to hook up to iTunes:

*NB Tried to post link but as is my first post i wasn;t 'allowed'* That's dandy.

Go and google

knowyourcell.com how_to_sync_the_motorola_atrix_4g_with_itunes.htm
    09-17-2011 05:12 PM
    09-17-2011 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD