I am new to this forum and a bit embarrassed with the simplicity of my request:
    For the trainers of the kids in our sports club I need a simple and safe way to assure they always have the emergency data at hand.
    The idea is to have an extremely simple app on their phones (iphones AND androids).
    Once they click on the icon, they'll have a static page with the to-do list, including 2-3 phone numbers.
    It would be great if they could call the numbers by just clicking on them.
    That's all!
    Can anyone tell me how to create this?

09-02-2013 09:59 AM
    So all u want is an app too store emergency numbers?

Posted via Samsung S3
    09-02-2013 10:05 AM
    Basically yes. Embedded in a page of text (what to do first, how to act, and so on) two BIG buttons which can be seen even in bright sun light to dial the numbers.
    Nothing complicated, it seems to me, but I've never programmed a smart phone before.
    PS: it should work on iphones as well.

Thanks for your help!
    09-03-2013 02:41 AM
    You could quite possibly find these apps already made for Android and iOS. Ex: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ycontacts.free

If you choose to develop the apps yourself, then you will have to pay $25 to become an Android developer and $99/year to be an iOS developer.

You won't be able to make a single app that runs on both systems. There are programs that say they can, but they'll only get you up to 99% of the way there.

Anyways, here's a tutorial I found for creating a phone call app. Just change "911" with the number you want it to call.
    Android Tutorial - How To Make A Simple Phone Call Application - CodeProject

Also, when you are creating Android apps, Android Developers is going to be your best friend for finding everything you need to do to get started, like:
    Building Your First App: Building Your First App | Android Developers
    09-03-2013 10:00 PM