I have some NFC tags for my S4 GPE. What I want to do is use nfc launcher to toggle the lockscreen so I can turn it off and home and on when I'm out.

I made a tasker task to toggle key guard and set the nfc tag to use that task. It doesn't always work and when it does it usually only works for a while before the keylock comes back.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

I am not rooted and don't want to root if that makes a difference.
    09-11-2013 02:23 PM
    I'm not sure about the NFC part, as I haven't set anything up to use it to kick off a Tasker task, but with the task of switching off the lock screen pin/passcode when you're home vs when you're not, search the forum for another "Tasker" thread - I think there's info in it about doing what you mentioned, minus the NFC discussion

Cheers!
    09-11-2013 03:01 PM
    I'm not sure about the NFC part, as I haven't set anything up to use it to kick off a Tasker task, but with the task of switching off the lock screen pin/passcode when you're home vs when you're not, search the forum for another "Tasker" thread - I think there's info in it about doing what you mentioned, minus the NFC discussion

Cheers!
    Ok thanks. I have been able to make the nfc launcher initiate the tasker task that was the easy part it just doesn't stick. I'll look for that thread.
    09-11-2013 06:30 PM