I have a GNex and never needed or wanted to try any different launchers, but I'm thinking about getting something new in the next month (probably going with the LG G2). So I wanted to go ahead and get Nova so when I got the new phone I would know what I am doing.

So I downloaded the free version of Nova Launcher and it was pretty easy to set up and use. But I am having one problem. The phone will not stay in Nova! It may stay on the Nova launcher for 30 mins, an hour, 2 hours but no matter what it always goes back to stock launcher without me doing anything.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to make it stay in the Nova Launcher?

Thank you.
    09-11-2013 04:26 PM
    1. make sure default launcher is set as Nova.
    2. set Nova to "Aggressive Desktop" in Nova Settings.

good luck.
    09-11-2013 05:18 PM
    1. make sure default launcher is set as Nova.
    2. set Nova to "Aggressive Desktop" in Nova Settings.

good luck.
    Ok I don't mean to sound stupid bt where do I make sure default launcher is set to Nova, can't find it in reg settings. Also can't find "Aggressive Desktop" in Nova settings. Which sub setting is it under.

Once again, Thank you!
    09-11-2013 05:28 PM
    Ok I don't mean to sound stupid but where do I make sure default launcher is set to Nova, can't find it in reg settings. Also can't find "Aggressive Desktop" in Nova settings. Which sub setting is it under.

Once again, Thank you!
    Ok found default home launcher in Nova settings and set it again, but I think I did that at the start.
    09-11-2013 05:29 PM
    Nova Settings-->Advanced-->Aggressive Desktop
    09-11-2013 05:32 PM
    Nova Settings-->Advanced-->Aggressive Desktop
    Thank you, are got both set now. Will see how it works.

Tapatalk mofo
    09-11-2013 05:41 PM
    So got both of those set in the settings and lasted all of 5 mins before it went back to stock.

Maybe it's just not meant to be??

Tapatalk mofo
    09-11-2013 05:45 PM
    i have a G-Nex with Nova and never had this problem. for many of us it works fine. the best part of Nova is ability to remove persistent Google search bar from home screen.

perhaps you have a conflicting app? app list?

perhaps you should ask Developer?

perhaps you could try Apex Launcher?
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-11-2013 06:24 PM
    i have a G-Nex with Nova and never had this problem. for many of us it works fine. the best part of Nova is ability to remove persistent Google search bar from home screen.

perhaps you have a conflicting app? app list?

perhaps you should ask Developer?

perhaps you could try Apex Launcher?
    Don't have to many crazy apps. Only thing I could really think of is Textra of Task Killer. About to reboot the phone to see if that helps.

In the long run it really doesn't matter because I only got it to see how it worked/how to use it. Plus now I'm heading with it on the G2 and can't use the knock knock to turn it off, so that could be a deal breaker anyway.

Tapatalk mofo
    09-11-2013 11:25 PM
    Ok just want to let the people now that tried to help me that I got it fixed. Seems all I needed to do besides what Gekko said was reboot the phone. Since I rebooted it last night it has not switched back to the stock launcher.

Now the funny thing is I already bought the new G2 and will be picking it up in the next hour or so. Funny because have read Nova doesn't work as well as the LG launcher on it plus you really don't need it with all the custom stuff you can do with it.

Thanks again everybody!
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-12-2013 04:50 PM