Agendus or the like?

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I really loved agendus on my Palm and used Palm OS up until a week ago when I switched over to HTC Eris. Love the device but noticed there aren't any PIM's like Agendus. Iambic claims they are working on Agendus for Android but can anyone recommend something in the meantime?

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
There have also been some *slight* rumblings from WebIS about the possible development of a version of PocketInformant for Android. In postings in the forums there the head of the company has variously said that 1) its too expensive (in terms of man-hours vs. expected return) to develop for Android and they wouldn't be looking at it, 2) they may be looking at it, but only in conjunction with one hardware vendor, 3) they're exploring it and 4) one of key people may soon take up Android development.

I wish a more full-fledged PIM would show up soon. Most of what I really love about programs like PI (really, really good contact management with awesome category sorting and full featured searching through contacts, strong calendar functions (please, please, please can we get a feature to duplicate calendar entries), strong task management and tight integration with Outlook) I can sorta, kinda replicate on the Droid with a variety of programs (Shuffle, Power Search and Star Contacts being my stalwarts) but there's nothing like a dedicated power PIM.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I know I'm holding on to any little thing here, but I just saw in a posting on the WebIs Forums from the company president that they have already started development on an Android version of PocketInformant.

I used PI on my Storm before moving over to the Droid and loved it. In fact, it was so integral to the work that I do that I almost stayed with the Storm just for PI.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a timeline, but at least its in development!

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
And to add to the above -- I got an email from Iambic touting password keeper software called SplashID, which included this paragraph:

You probably are eager to hear about when Agendus will be arriving on Android. That's not what this email is about, but we do want to let you know that we are excited about the Android platform and we're planning on developing Agendus for it very soon.

Yay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers