I know this is a stupid question, but one of my friends also has a Droid X. He came up to me today and asked me if they ever made an app that simulated the hard buttons on the screen. Not a bad idea...

I love my X, but I wish there was a way to section off the bottom portion of the screen for "on screen" buttons for back, menu, home and search.

Any ideas?
    08-29-2010 07:48 PM
    Not seeing anything like that in appbrain, market search yields nothing.

I can't see why that would seem practical though. You would lose some of that gorgeous screen to.... buttons

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-29-2010 10:01 PM
    Not seeing anything like that in appbrain, market search yields nothing.

I can't see why that would seem practical though. You would lose some of that gorgeous screen to.... buttons

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    i'm just not a huge fan of the buttons, i miss the droid and the incredible when it comes to quick access. hopefully someone, somewhere, will make it just for fun
    08-29-2010 10:04 PM
    I don't miss them. I love my hard buttons no more accidentally tapping those buttons.
    08-31-2010 08:47 AM
    here is the problem with the Droid X and its non-capacitive buttons: the screen, while very big, makes it very difficult to hit those non-capacitive buttons without having to adjust the phone in your hand. Not very convenient. I have a Droid X, not happy with it for that reason. I would love an app that brought capacitive buttons to the bottom of my screen. It'd be GREAT use of the screen real estate.
    10-07-2010 11:11 AM
    I don't have the problem of not being able to hit the buttons. When doing a one hand hold, I hold the phone so that the bottom is kind of resting on my pinky. That keeps the bottom buttons within reach of my thumb!

I do have issues reaching the notification bar, though I had no problem when I was using ADW...

Try using a launcher maybe? I think Launcher Pro allows you to add shortcuts similar to the hard buttons in to the dock.
    10-07-2010 11:34 AM
    I don't have the problem of not being able to hit the buttons. When doing a one hand hold, I hold the phone so that the bottom is kind of resting on my pinky. That keeps the bottom buttons within reach of my thumb!

I do have issues reaching the notification bar, though I had no problem when I was using ADW...

Try using a launcher maybe? I think Launcher Pro allows you to add shortcuts similar to the hard buttons in to the dock.
    That is like the ONE feature i wish LP+ would add. ADW makes it SO easy to grab the notification bar.
    10-07-2010 12:56 PM
    I agree with wanting capacitive buttons. Plus I feel that the physical ones are going to wear out
    10-07-2010 01:00 PM
    That is like the ONE feature i wish LP+ would add. ADW makes it SO easy to grab the notification bar.
    I use LP, I just set a swipe up function on my app drawer that opens notifications, works great. I also keep my bar hidden. it's great for my Droid X, since the screen is so big, just swipe up from the bottom and the bar drops down.
    10-07-2010 02:01 PM
    I use LP, I just set a swipe up function on my app drawer that opens notifications, works great. I also keep my bar hidden. it's great for my Droid X, since the screen is so big, just swipe up from the bottom and the bar drops down.

Indeed, its a great feature...but all my icon swipe functions are taken
    10-07-2010 06:35 PM
    here is the problem with the Droid X and its non-capacitive buttons: the screen, while very big, makes it very difficult to hit those non-capacitive buttons without having to adjust the phone in your hand. Not very convenient. I have a Droid X, not happy with it for that reason. I would love an app that brought capacitive buttons to the bottom of my screen. It'd be GREAT use of the screen real estate.
    Agree completely.
    10-07-2010 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD