09-03-2010 01:26 PM
33 12
tools
    Voice doesn't work with Sense? Never heard of that before. I know it only works in the US, but I can't see why it wouldn't be compatible with what is just a GUI with some additional tie-ins with the OS.
    08-31-2010 09:33 AM
    Voice doesn't work with Sense? Never heard of that before. I know it only works in the US, but I can't see why it wouldn't be compatible with what is just a GUI with some additional tie-ins with the OS.
    The Sense UI reskins/reworks the dialer. Google Voice hooks into the dialer and overrides it, but apparently the hooks don't work right w/ the Sense UI.
    The Sense UI is a lot deeper embedded than Blur is...

Here's the thread on this:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d104433b&hl=en
    08-31-2010 11:06 AM
    I have no experience with Blur. I like Sense just fine. It's not perfect, but what is?

What I really like are the post that say, essentially, I've never used "A", but I really like "B" better.

Really?
    08-31-2010 11:22 AM
    Google voice works on my evo
    08-31-2010 12:13 PM
    I have never used blur so I can't comment on it, but being a HTC desire owner I liked sence untill I really started playing with alternative homescreen apps. After trying a few out found that ADW gives me all the customization I realty wanted transparent animated app draw shows off the live wallpappers lovely, now all you need is a few funky highly custamizable/skinable apps like handsent better keyboard and choose a device not a UI as you will end up building your own UI in this manner its inevitable and rather addictive.
    Check out my appbrain profile for a quick rundown on what to check out its sure to give you ideas. Remember its the device you buy not a UI...
    08-31-2010 04:32 PM
    The Sense UI reskins/reworks the dialer. Google Voice hooks into the dialer and overrides it, but apparently the hooks don't work right w/ the Sense UI.
    The Sense UI is a lot deeper embedded than Blur is...

Here's the thread on this:
    Google Voice not connecting on HTC Eris 2.1 - Google Voice Help
    Google voice works perfectly on my Incredible.
    09-03-2010 11:25 AM
    Polished, yes, but I find it far too cartoony and bright for my tastes.
    Hmmm u must have sense confused its not bright at all lol.. Are u thinking about touch wiz or moto blur... sence is darked themed with grey and black so its far from bright.. Im just a little confused about ur statement..
    09-03-2010 01:22 PM
    Sense all the way!! I ever prefer sense over stock as well

-it adds much needed polish to the overall OS since its basically like a new OS rather than a homescreen

-it nailed social integration with facebook, twitter, and flickr

-best widgets android has to offer imho (seriously, i cant fill 7 screens with content i like without sense)

-integrated apps for communucation (contacts with linked photo albums, email cinversations, sms history as well as event status updates

This and more!! Sorry i rambled too much but imho i wouldnt have kept android if it wasnt for the 'complete' feel sense provides
    I think u took the words right out of my mouth... You touched on everything I was going to say...
    09-03-2010 01:26 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD